surprise in amsterdam!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
it was my birthday on friday, and my girlfriend took me to amsterdam for the weekend which was a nice surprise! :D

i'm sure you all know what goes on over there, so the last thing i expected to stumble across was a shop that sold vintage star wars toys! :eek:

there's a shop called "a space oddity" opposite anne frank's house. they only had a few carded figures but plenty of loose ones, potf coins, and LOADS of boxed vehicles! it was great, i haven't been in a "star wars shop" for a long time. here's a few photos:

3.gif

1.gif

2.gif

i couldn't leave without buying something, so picked this up. perhaps one of you variant collectors can help me, as it's not something i've seen before.

it's a luke bespin with very dark/almost green hair, and limbs that are much paler than the body. i don't really know much about loose figures, but none of my carded ones look anything like this!

4.gif

5.gif

despite the hair rub, i don't think it's just knackered as all the limbs are really tight. the moulding on the body is quite crude so i thought maybe it's a lili ledy or something? :? but it was only 12 euros so hardly the end of the world if it's nothing special 8)

Adam_Burges

Padawan
what a quaint little shop, I bet you was well chuffed when you stumbled across it! I love going into shops that sell vintage star wars, there used to be some in essex but sadly they have vanished....to find some in holland is something you dont expect.

The bespin luke does look unusual indeed, is there any stamp on the leg at all?

Dom

Jedi Master
Same thing happened to me, my missus cam into work on Friday and took me to Dusseldorf for the weekend. No Star Wars though :(

Jabba no more drugs for you!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The face of the Luke does look a bit strange.

You often find them with different coloured limbs to the torso but not that extreme, unless it is the light. :?

So did you go in any other interesting places in Amsterdam?!! :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great find Ed. I lived in Holland for a year and was in Amsterdam I don't know how many times, never saw that shop though!

Guess I must have been too busy doing "other" things! :oops:

Will have to look next time I'm over.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
it has the following markings:

left leg:

MADE IN
HONG KONG

right leg:

C
LFL

cocofstar

Sith Lord
I was there during the Summer and picked up a few items. Thought his loose figures were fairly priced but his carded figures, playsets and ships were too expensive. He also has a nice box of loose weapons under the counter that are fairly priced as well :wink:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
ok lads :?

is it just me or did edd say his girlfriend took him away for a surprise dirty weekend in the dam and the best story edd come back with is a star wars shop :shock:

come on edd you can do better than that you went to amsterdam :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
ok lads :?

is it just me or did edd say his girlfriend took him away for a surprise dirty weekend in the dam and the best story edd come back with is a star wars shop :shock:

come on edd you can do better than that you went to amsterdam :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bollux

Grand Master
I bet Edds Mrs was well disappointed, she was after a weekend of pure filth and debauchery....and instead....she got a Luke Bespin and Edd probably going on and on about the how rare it may be!

:shock:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
to tell you the truth ,i have been and done amsterdam and without sounding sad ,i am not sure which one i would get more excited about

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
you know what i meant,i wouldnt ever think that way about edds lass
(money is on its way for that figure edd ,wrap it well) :lol: :lol:

Bollux

Grand Master
nothing to do with me Edd; blame Jabba he's the one that said that your Mrs is a bit rough so you would rather be buying star wars figures!

Well thats what he implied! I think its disgusting, kick him off the forum I would! :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom