is the postage a rip off

• no, stop being a tight twat and pay

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • yes , but pay it anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140063292134&rd=1&rd=1

looked great and for $4 bargain .... they just sent me the postage $22 :shock:

do you think its to much ? should i pay ?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It really depends if you want to lose you 100% feedback or not.

The postage cost is way overpriced, I've had AFA loose figures sent via airmail and been charged $8 to $11 and they have been in good sized boxes to protect them.

Dom

Jedi Master
Im not suremate, sending that lot wont be cheap, it probably weights quite a bit and US postage isnt the cheapest. :roll:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
That is a fair bit excessive, considering we pay anything upto $35 for a AFA graded figure from the states.

As Inzaman said its the weight they go on mostly, i have sent small things to USA before weighing a fair bit and thats cost me more than a large boxed item.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
thats just it i dont know size or weight , so paid last night and will see when it comes
hope its good
gotta stop buying when a bit pissed :lol:

bluesnagman

Padawan
That's going to cost $6-$7 if he sends it by regular air mail. If he sends it Global Express, then it is a different story. I never would have paid that much.
Todd

AndyG

Jedi Knight
It does seem high but then maybe it is quite heavy?

I've been buying from the US for 10 years now. Over the last month I have never experienced such a level of overcharging and attempting to rip me off over postage.

One tool wanted $12.50 for a single loose figure?!?!?!? I can get a figure well packed in Star Case for that................ You can buy a Global Priority pre-paid envelope for $5.25 and as he claimed not to make any money on shipping then this should be the maximum amount.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
You have to remember that $22 is roughly Ã'£11 GBP but its still a little excessive for something which i reckon isn't going to be all that big.

lee gray

Sith Lord
jayjedi said:
thats just it i dont know size or weight , so paid last night and will see when it comes
hope its good
gotta stop buying when a bit pissed :lol:
It's a tough call, i got an afa carded figure from america the other day which wasnt insured for 18 dollars plus i expect they use a few cents on a box and tape, and i also sent a afa carded figure to america insured via airsure and that cost me 13 pounds which is about 25 dollars, it doesnt look as heavy but if it is around same weight then its a ok price, if the item would have cost 1000 dollars and the postage was 22 dollars then i expect it would have sounded cheap or if u got it from a uk seller it might only have been 4 quid,

the postage system is a strange one, im sure sometimes the postage service charge more for one item that weighs the same than another

i won an action man book the other day for 1 pound and the postage was 4.50 yet i see someone else selling the same one afterwards with postage of only 2.00 but the starting price was 2.99

strange world

nothing worse than a conner though who makes a few bucks on postage

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I have been charged $16 for a loose r2d2 before. He would not tell me the postage costs untill after the auction. Then when i said i wasnt paying that price he sent me a threatening message through ebay stating he charges that much postage so he can sell the figures cheaper and not get charged ebay fees. I complained to ebay and he had his account closed. :D Result!! :D :D

jayjedi

Sith Lord
came today and guess what ... postage was $5 . he has already left me positive feedback ( the nob) so i cant lose , where do i claim my $17 back for postage. i can live with $2 for packaging( an envelope) so i think $15 back is fair .
do i just claim through paypal ?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Good result JJ

I had an argument with some guy over postage.

He was charging for

box
Packaging
ebay/paypal fees
Postage (whichitself was about Ã'£8 for something that should have cost Ã'£4

In the end got all P&P free!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom