Chewbacca 12" 1996 C series

av6

Jedi Knight
Hi all.
This is my very first post, so I'm not sure I've posted in the correct place for my question.
I was recently browsing Ebay for Star Wars memorabilia (I love the enthusiasm).
I came across a guy selling a 12" Chewbacca 1996 C series figure for £180. He explained in his ad that the figure had been valued at $500 in the Warmans Star Wars field guide.
I then came across exactly the same figure being sold for £20. Needless to say I snapped it up.
Could anyone varify that this item is actually as rare, and as valueable as this guy had stated?
I haven't bought the item to make a profit. If its worth £20 or £180, it's definately going to be the start of a new hobby.

Cheers.

Joe

Grand Master
Hello :) welcome to the forum, well if its from 1996 I don't know much about it but I googled what you said it was and Amazon have some for $69.99 or secondhand/used (don't like that word when referring to toys..) from $19.99 so it is very probable the guy was speaking out of his **** :D

If this is the one you have then you probably bought it for what its worth but as you said the value is not important, if you enjoy it and its the start of your hobby then good luck ! :)

* this is the one I googled : http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Collector-Chewbacca-Figure/dp/B000AYA5E2

av6

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Yep, thats the one.
I've been reading through some of the old posts, and these 12" figures aren't very popular with a lot of people, but I think they're great.
I like the saga (vintage style) figures aswell. I've already got a few of these, but if anyone has a complete list of what was released that they could post (as a check list) I would be very grateful.

Joe

Grand Master
Looking for a checklist for you, didn't realise it was Kenner who made them lol I was looking for Hasbro :oops:

Anyway along my search I found this auction that might interest you !

290283706008 ID number

Hopefully someone will beat me to it with a link/list but if not I will be back!

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi, welcome to the forum. I used to collect that 12" line.
You can pick them up on ebay for around £15 so £20 isn't a bad price to pay, but they are not worth
any more than that.

Good luck with your collecting and if you have any questions around this particular line as the're a few different styles and variations on each of the figures. I had great fun completing this set.

Joe

Grand Master
No I give up! RS Checklist doesn't have them (*or I can't find them) And SWCA is not being fruitful either!
Someone make me look stupid by helping better than I could! :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
I think I have redeemed myself : http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/57

Apparently they are Hasbro after all :D

av6

Jedi Knight
Back to you Burnsy.
If you have a full list of characters that were released for the range I'd be very grateful.
I'm only interested in the ones with the flap on the front of the box.

Joe

Grand Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
I think I have redeemed myself : http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/57

Apparently they are Hasbro after all :D

Did this not help? When you click on the link you can see the box of each character etc..?

av6

Jedi Knight
No no mate. Don't get me wrong. That list was a big help. The one I asked if anyone had at first though, was the vintage style saga figures.

Thanks for finding that for me though. The force is strong with you! You found the answer before I asked the question. :D

Joe

Grand Master
I read things too quickly ! Sorry, However I can help there as well , you mean the small action figures?

av6

Jedi Knight
I do exactly the same at times. LOL!!!
Yep, the ones on the vintage style backing card.

Joe

Grand Master
Ok , Like this : http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-VOTC-VINTAGE-EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-IG-88-NEW_W0QQitemZ260332831279QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50282QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ?

If so check here : http://www.rebelscum.com/ch-TAC.asp
Quite far down there are some including this IG-88 under the 2007 Vintage figures Title.

You should be able to find the majority of toys/12" figures here : http://www.rebelscum.com/cheklist.asp

That is the checklist I use most!

Hope that helps :)

av6

Jedi Knight
Yep. Those are the ones. I think they look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!
As I said earlier, I've already got a couple of them, but would'nt mind owning the whole collection. :D

burnsy

Sith Lord
Skinny gave you a great link there. It has the full 12" line from the Collector Series 1997/98.
However Greedo is missing.

Like I say there are a few variants, like the weapon with Tusken Raider and the sabres with Luke and Ben. Also some Light blue and dark blue backgrounds within the box.

Sorry, did not collect the Saga series I'm afraid.

gustie

Sith Lord
hi and welcome to SWF

there is too much modern stuff lol :)

boggles my mind :mrgreen: and luckily not my pocket

av6

Jedi Knight
Hi. Yet again... Thanks for the welcome.
I agree, you can't beat the vintage stuff. IMO some of the modern stuff does go a little OTT. That is just purely my opinion!

Joe

Grand Master
I think it's safe to say most of us collect Vintage but some dabble with Modern! :mrgreen:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom