collecting....

gustie

Sith Lord
Just lost momentum and i think im gunna put my SW aside for a bit

i have some pressing concerns outside of the hobby i need to sort out so maybe once that is sorted i might catch the collecting bug again

its weird but its like i cant be arsed and even looking at my figures to sort them out seems to be a chore lol

ill still be about here and there but just not as involved i guess

hopefully ill come round and want to find those missing variants! - unless burnsy beats me to them lol

jezza124

Jedi Master
it'll come back to you it always does,JUST DON'T SELL UP as u will regret it,or send all your figs to me and ill look after them for u ontill u get the bug back :twisted: :twisted:

gustie

Sith Lord
if thats a "first refusal" hidden message...

the answer is yes lol

think ill hold my burgundy squidie tho ;)

BatintheBelfry

Padawan
That's a shame to hear, mate.

Guess I'll have to find someone else to teach me about the wonderful world of variants and cheesecake-scented figures! :wink:

Hopefully things get sorted quickly and that we'll keep seeing you round here.

A

Anonymous

gustie said:
Just lost momentum and i think im gunna put my SW aside for a bit

i have some pressing concerns outside of the hobby i need to sort out so maybe once that is sorted i might catch the collecting bug again

its weird but its like i cant be arsed and even looking at my figures to sort them out seems to be a chore lol

ill still be about here and there but just not as involved i guess

hopefully ill come round and want to find those missing variants! - unless burnsy beats me to them lol

Sorry to hear that i hope everything is ok, you are the soundest guy ive meet through the hobby, i hope you will still be the top man for helping others with variants!

Bollux

Grand Master
I feel the same to be honest Gust, just cant be arsed to collect them at the moment, its weird as i only have 7 left to complete my loose set but I just dont have the motivation!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I'm exactly the same too Gustie, and even thinking about selling up (well maybe). I'm still interested to an extent but I have so much else going on and its not my main hobby these days. I'm sure I'll come back to it (and I'll still be around here) but maybe my focus will be a little less expensive :(

****, just realised I'm a post away from a pishy saber. I like my green one :evil:

Bollux

Grand Master
I am not thinking of selling mine though, no chance! Even my wife commented on how good they looked the other day!

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I took a year off in 2005, i had completely lost interest in collecting.
I had a couple of rough months and just decided to quit. I sold everything off and put the money towards a new car.

I regret selling up now as about 80 of my figures were childhood one's, and i had loads of cool variants.
If i ever get that feeling again i will just pack my baggies away and forget about them, i wouldn't sell up, or if i did cus i needed the money i would not sell the hard to find/expensive peices.

Just sit on your collection for a while, box it up out of sight. And if you don't get the urge to re-collect in say a years time, just sell up.

Bollux

Grand Master
mine is all on display in our box-room and i have no desire to box it all away and chuck it up the loft but neither do i have the desire to complete it at the moment, its strange because up until christmas i was obssessed with finishing it!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I think we all lose the bug at various points. As the others say, just leave the collection for a few months and if your still adamant you've had enough, then, consider flogging it all off.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I am forever losing the star wars collecting bug and go onto gi joe then back to star wars then transformers then action man then back to star wars, I get bored very easily and decide to sell something to buy something else then end up wishing I didnt as if you sell up you do end up missing your stuff

gustie

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Besides, who am I gonna slag off for being a variant nut!?

coco?

burnsy?

jezza?

theres a few lol

ill see how it goes

before i joined the forum i had about 35 figures that i think i have held onto for over 18 years - they fitted in a small box out of the way - all these vehicles are really lumpy and take up loads of room lol.

anyone need any imperial blasters?

burnsy

Sith Lord
Drop me a line on email Gust.

It's you who got me on the variant hunt you git so don't bail out now!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom