vc jawa advice

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i dont normally have anything to do with repro,s...........BUT as a origanal is out my league(and more then my life is worth)i am reallt tempted to get a vc jawa as i like how they just stand out in any collection.
i want it to look as much like a origanal as poss so if anyone has any good pictures of one or any advice i would be really grateful

jayjedi

Sith Lord
should be same sort of shade as the jawa

outside of the cape should have a slight texture almost skin like

inside should be smooth

hope this helps :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
does this look something like
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-VINYL-CAPED-JAWA-KENNER-1977-ON-STAR-WARS-12-BK_W0QQitemZ140070091047QQihZ004QQcategoryZ75713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jayjedi

Sith Lord
from what i can see it looks very good mate and to be honest i think they are to expensive and over rated at the end of the day its all that extra money for a bloody vinyl cape

, i was bloody lucky with mine and ended up costing me less than a tenner otherwise i would have bought a repro one too

Jukesy

Sith Lord
I paid Ã'£165 and that was from diezels on ebay, he assured me that it was genuine and he had good feecback so i bought him!

Looks ever so wicked tho!!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
does this look something like
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-VINYL-CAPED-JAWA-KENNER-1977-ON-STAR-WARS-12-BK_W0QQitemZ140070091047QQihZ004QQcategoryZ75713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It looks pretty good although I don't know how high the bidding will go. :?

AndyG

Jedi Knight
jayjedi said:
outside of the cape should have a slight texture almost skin like

inside should be smooth

This, however, does depend on which way the cape has been put on :wink:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I hasve a repro and a real one and the repro one is the exact colour as the real one . It just has a different texture. All of the new repro capes seem to have a very good colour so if you are just using it for display then go for a repro.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
if you are just using it for display then go for a repro.
I know a lot of people do that but personally I don't see the point in spending good money on a fake item.

The more people intentionally buy repro items it will just encourage more to be made IMO !! :wink:

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Very true craig, buy a real one, you will only look at the Jawa and the word fake will come into your head everytime.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom