Does this look real expensive wow

warrachuppin

Padawan
What do you all think of this auction, sorry if is already been posted

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-First-12-PALITOY-CUT-CARDS_W0QQitemZ140069558238QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Daz

sith-smith

Grand Master
It is a shame.

on mint cards, that set would be worth many thousands of Ã'£'s

I think in the past people did that for storage purposes.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well I guess the main advantage to these is the AFA grades they'd get.

So i guess if they all scored 90's plus they are all unopened figures before they arrive to AFA.

Whatever mint graded prices for each figure are, is a realistic price.

warrachuppin

Padawan
sith-smith said:

So i guess if they all scored 90's plus they are all unopened figures before they arrive to AFA.

Never really thought about it like that, I am sure thats were they will be heading.

Daz

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
still, i don't even think i would pay Ã'£200 for them. from what i've seen u graded loose ones sell for under Ã'£30 each, so considering you are going to have to get them graded, it seems pointless paying more than Ã'£100 for the lot!

sith-smith

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
why would you do that :shock:

bet he is sick now

Yeah, I bet.

Hate to think what a set would go for MOC. quite possibly Ã'£6K+ :shock:

He'd feel even sicker if that Han was a large head version.

warrachuppin

Padawan
I wonder if the cards were in a terrible state so this person or another just cut the lot down? Would it have been better keeping them with the cards even being in a very poor state?

Daz

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I wonder if the cards were in a terrible state so this person or another just cut the lot down? Would it have been better keeping them with the cards even being in a very poor state?
Yes. A mint on 12 back card no matter how ****ed the card is will still be worth more than a mint figure. You only have to look on ebay to see how silly bidding can get on sutch cards.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Yeah i would have kept the bubbles on the cards even if they were in a poor state, they still would look better in my opinion!

spoons

Grand Master
warrachuppin said:
I agree about keeping them on the cards, but this Ebayer must believe that without the cards the are worth a dam sight lot more.

Daz

I doubt the seller cut the cards, he's an experienced ebayer and probably bought them like that.

The cards might have been cut by a kid to remove the names to send off for an offer.

The figures might then have been left in a cupboard/loft until they were sold as collectables. If the cards had been trashed by this hypothetical kid it might have seemed better to trim the cards (an AFA trashed 12 back Han only went for Ã'£20 the other week).

Whatever the history of the cards its still a lot of money for some not quite loose figures :shock:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:

If they all got 90 grades, which is unlikely the maximum resale value would be around Ã'£540 for the lot.

The 2 most valuable in the lot would be Han small head (cannot tell which version he's selling) and Luke farmboy as there are very few, if any out there graded that high and they would go for a lot higher than the Ã'£60 I used as a rough guide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom