Need some advice

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Need a bit of advice;

I bought an AFA 80 Slave 1 from a seller in the States before Christmas. It arrived today (5 weeks after I bought it) I was already pissed off about it taking so long, even allowing for Christmas. That was before I realised he had posted it on the 21st of December, having marked payment received on the 1st of December (about a week after I actually paid for it) taking three weeks to post something after it's been paid for is taking the piss IMO. :evil:

Anyway, it arrived today and the case is badly cracked in both corners indeed parts of the perspex have snapped off and are floating around inside the box (no digital camera to take pictures with). I can't tell if the damage was caused in transit or before, the box it arrived in is in good enough condition though. Whilst the Slave 1 itself and its original box seem to have escaped any damage, I am reluctant to keep a graded toy with a broken box, as if I ever sell it it will surely fetch less than it would have otherwise.

Any idea's what I should do?
I'm planning on nabbing my Sisters digital camera to take some pictures and email them to the seller, is it worth me just sending it back and asking for a full refund?

Need a bit of advice or some ideas!
:(

Cheers,
Weaz

Adam_Burges

Padawan
in my opinion and this is speaking from experience you should recieve what you have paid for in the right condition. I know in the uk if something gets broken in transit you can claim up to a certain amount from royal mail, but from over the pond it is a different story, insurance issues etc get brought into it. I would suggest you should mail the seller with pictures and say your not happy, ask about the postal system and see what his reponse is.

warrachuppin

Padawan
weasel said:
Need a bit of advice;

I bought an AFA 80 Slave 1 from a seller in the States before Christmas. It arrived today (5 weeks after I bought it) I was already pissed off about it taking so long, even allowing for Christmas. That was before I realised he had posted it on the 21st of December, having marked payment received on the 1st of December (about a week after I actually paid for it) taking three weeks to post something after it's been paid for is taking the piss IMO. :evil:

Anyway, it arrived today and the case is badly cracked in both corners indeed parts of the perspex have snapped off and are floating around inside the box (no digital camera to take pictures with). I can't tell if the damage was caused in transit or before, the box it arrived in is in good enough condition though. Whilst the Slave 1 itself and its original box seem to have escaped any damage, I am reluctant to keep a graded toy with a broken box, as if I ever sell it it will surely fetch less than it would have otherwise.

Any idea's what I should do?
I'm planning on nabbing my Sisters digital camera to take some pictures and email them to the seller, is it worth me just sending it back and asking for a full refund?

Need a bit of advice or some ideas!
:(

Cheers,
Weaz

Hi Weaz

How did you pay for the item? If it was by Paypal then I suggest as Adam has to contact the seller first and see what they say.

If you have paid by Paypal and the seller is not coming through I would start a claim asap as you dont have that much time.

I have had a few claims with Paypal, which turned out well for me.

Daz

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Firstly why would you want an AFA graded vehicle so that you cannot open the box to actually display it !! :lol:

I would inform the seller of the damage and see if you can get some sort of refund from him and from the postal service.

I believe to make a paypal claim it has to be within 45 days of payment so you need to work out when that date will be up to make sure you are within the time limit. :wink:

I don't know what the costs would be but you could always send it to AFA and get them to recase it for you, providing you want to risk it travelling to the US and back again !!! :lol:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Unfortunately thats the risk we all take when buying from abroad, we never know how people treat our packages during the transit. I would contact the seller with pictures first then if he doesn't reply/is negative with his response start a claim!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers guys, I've emailed the seller and will have to wait and see what he says.
Unfortunately I paid with "Auction Checkout" first (and only) time I've used it. Just checked their site and they dont seem to interested in helping obtain refunds. :(

Just gotta wait and see what the seller says I guess, worse case scenario I suppose I can resubmit it to AFA. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that though.

Ohh and Craig, I might be in a big minority here but I reckon the boxed vehicles in AFA cases look well cool 8)
Still got most of the vehicles anyway from when I was a kid, although they are missing pretty much every part that you can lose/break!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom