why has it only got an afa 70 grade

jayjedi

Sith Lord
have i missed somrthing or has this figure only got an afa 70 with sub grades of 75 80 and 85 :?: :?: :?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIG-1978-21-BACK-STAR-WARS-SNAGGLETOOTH-AFA-70-MIB-MOC_W0QQitemZ230072466572QQihZ013QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230072466572

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The card got 80 and the bubble 75 so personally I would have expected an overall grade of 75 but sometimes the grading makes no sense !! :lol:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Is it to do with the bubble being cracked?

I don't do AFA but very vaguely remember reading something about a 70 grade and bubble cracks?

Many sellers just post the grade values as if it is a true indication of what the actual damage/problem is :roll:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
doesn't say the bubble is cracked , but if it is then why did it get a higher rating for the bubble. i would have been well pissed

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, it's weird.
How can a figure get an overall grade LESS than the three sub grades!? :?

Guess that's AFA!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i swear they just have a random label generator, their grading usually makes no sense to me, especially now i have quite a few graded figures and compare them.

inzaman

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
i swear they just have a random label generator, their grading usually makes no sense to me, especially now i have quite a few graded figures and compare them.
Thats what i dont understand, a 75 or 80 i could understand but this is very strange :?

spoons

Grand Master
I know nothing about AFA items, but does the AFA label on this figure look odd? Its all large font and very black and white - is that an older style or is this possibly a fake?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I know nothing about AFA items, but does the AFA label on this figure look odd? Its all large font and very black and white - is that an older style or is this possibly a fake?

not sure , but it got me thinking, how many of you have bought afa graded figures and actually checked when you got them that they are authentic on the afa website :?:

i only have the one afa figure because i think its a load of ****, but does anyone check the numbers

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jayjedi said:
i only have the one afa figure because i think its a load of ****, but does anyone check the numbers
I usually check the numbers before buying AFA items as sometimes you cannot see the label clearly on photos. :wink:

inzaman

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Yes i think that is the older style label.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I have a few AFA graded figures and checked most of the serial numbers before I bought.
I'd like to think if someone did fake one I would notice when it arrived as the case would be different or at least the label would look significantly different to the others I have.

Still no nearer to understanding this grade 70 though! :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom