Hoth Trooper Variants

Kneon Light

Padawan
We have just bought a load of Hoth Stormtroopers and there are a number of different variants. I have used the excellent Lando's Locker Website to identify most of the variants but am having trouble with the YPS, Palitoy and Tri-Logo variants. How do the markings vary on the backs of the legs of these variants?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Sorry bout the poor stamp shots on the site. My camera aint really up to the job so I'll try and point out a few differences.

Both the Tri and YPS are made from a hard glossy plastic and have much finer detailed casts than the others.

Both have mold scars on their left legs. YPS has 2 deep holes were the Hong Kong was removed from the Mold and Tri has only minor scars from the Coo removal. The YPS figure was issued with a black GI Joe gun and the Tri was released with the standard blue Hoth rifle. Both come with the thin shiney capes with circular holes.

The Palitoy version comes with the standard Hoth Stormie Rifle and cape with slits. He has No Coo and a mold scar on his lower left boot and reads 1980 LFL. He is also made from the softer white plastic that the China & Hong Kong Coo's are made from.

Kneon Light

Padawan
Many Thanks for your help.
Am I right that this would be a YPS variant?

hothtrooperypsxx8.jpg

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Also if I remember correctly the holes in the cape should be circular whereas normal ones are more rectangular.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom