Advice Anyone?!

boba frett

Jedi Master
Hi guys

Before Christmas I bought 3 ROTJ carded figures from the US to continue my Jedi focus. I paid for these on the 12th December but they still havn't arrived!

I contacted the seller yesterday and he gave me USPS tracking number, where apparently they left the US on 24th December! The worse thing about the transaction is that I asked the seller to declare their value at $70 - I actually paid $148 including shipping.

So the question is what do I do next? Is it my responsibility to chase USPS or do you think UK customs are holding them? I did pay through Paypal so should I expect to get $70 back from them?

Great start to the new year! :evil:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
What shipping did you use? Ground shipping takes ages. I wouldnt worrry too much yet. I recieved a package on monday that was posted on the 24th november and i am still waiting for one posted on 30th november. Sometimes they can be here in days and other times they can take months but i have never had a large parcel go missing yet.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
they may well charge you customs tax on $70 so that may be why it's taking a while. the official cut off for paying import tax is Ã'£18 GBP, or roughly $30. if you have asked the seller to declare it as less than it's true value, it's your risk i'm afraid mate.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As the others have said, I'd wait a while yet. With the Christmas period the post is a bit hit and miss. I have bought things from the States recently that have arrived in 2 weeks and others have taken a lot longer.
Chances are it will arrive in a week or so.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Don't worry m8, i bought something from Brians Toys in the US at the beginning of December and it only hit our shores yesterday. Talk to them!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
if customs have got it you should get a form through from royal mail saying you owe a customs charge!! like the rest wait a bit longer. a lot of mail gets delayed over christmas and new year, especially from the states. as a postie, im delivering packages now that were posted middle of november, so dont worry yet!!!

boba frett

Jedi Master
Thanks guys - I'll wait for another couple of weeks. I was worried because USPS has recorded the parcel leaving the US on the 24th December but theres no record of it arriving in the UK. If there was a record of it arriving I would know either Customs or Parcelforce have it.

I think Customs only charge on items not declared as gifts after Ã'£18. Items declared as gifts are chargable after Ã'£36 - lets wait and see!

spoons

Grand Master
Everything I bought before Christmas took less than a week too, but the one item posted after Christmas has taken two weeks and counting :cry:

spoons

Grand Master
boba frett said:
Was that from the States too, Spoons?

it was boba, I'm waiting for a 3-legged R2 that the seller 'forgot' to include with a droid factory. Droid factory took 4 days, R2 has taken 2 weeks....

spoons

Grand Master
R2 arrived today (in great condition too :D)

posted on the 29th arrived on the 12th - exactly 2 weeks

hope your figures arrive soon boba

boba frett

Jedi Master
And here's what caused all the problems:

3ROTJ.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom