looks very good

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Vintage-Star-Wars-21-Back-Boba-Fett-MOC_W0QQitemZ200065126109QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200065126109

i think we had a thread on the old forum about recards getting better . it looks like this chap is really making an effort

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Nice card/figure.
Just looks a bit too perfect though.

But, at $51 surely a Boba in that condition is worth that alone?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It looks great and would fool alot of people, which is where problems may lie in the future as it changes owners....

inzaman

Sith Lord
It does look a nice item, the Boba looks mint.
However as stated it is quite frightening going forward as this changes hands and the truth about it gets stretched somewhat.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I agree that its frightening these can be produced. Looking at those pictures I could certainly be fooled. Alright I'm no expert at spotting fakes - you'd have to be a touch suspicous when coming across items in such fine condition. However I just can't see any signs that give it away as a recard. If these become mass produced I would probably start looking for those items either graded or with obvious wear/sticker residue etc. Even this I supposed could be faked. Worrying.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The quality of some of the fakes out there is part of the reason I buy mainly graded stuff.

It is a bit scary that something that good can be made, I bought a few fakes/recards when I started out and as soon as they arrived you could see the difference between them and a Vintage card. Just have to hope that one would be the same, although if the seller sells with "no returns"............

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
However I just can't see any signs that give it away as a recard.
They still have not managed to recreate the waffling effect of the glue yet. When the customs start to have that then it will be a dark day for collectors of vintage figures.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Although it looks great in photos, without actually holding the item it's hard to say how good the quality really is, plus all cards have some edgeware and minor creases after 30 years.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
Although it looks great in photos, without actually holding the item it's hard to say how good the quality really is, plus all cards have some edgeware and minor creases after 30 years.

your are right craig , but after you have paid Ã'£200 for something and it turns out to be fake , you know what a pain in the arse it is to get a refund :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
also in 30 years time it will be just as battered as a real one - though I probably will have cashed in on my collection then though to supplement the pension and wont really care. The next generation of collectors may have to be careful though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom