think i've been conned again

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
my luck with star wars is really up and down at the moment, if it's not a fake recard it's a Ã'£30 palitoy han :lol:

anyway, i recently bought something from a seller called 80svintageland through ebay, who appeared to be reputable, and i'm even sure i have bought from him in the past. however yesterday i got an email from ebay saying that he has been suspended, and as my item hasnt arrived yet i should open a claim through paypal.

now i dont want to jump to conclousions as he seemed like a decent seller with good contact, but i was just wandering if anybody is else is dealing with him, or if they know him personally? i have tried emailing him but had no response (although it has only been 24 hours.)

i opened a dispute with paypal as they suggested, but it said the seller was no longer registered so it went straight to a claim.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry Ed, not heard fo him or had any dealings with him.

Good luck with the claim, hopefully it's not for too much!

bluesnagman

Padawan
If he is a good guy, everything will probably get sorted out and he will be back soon. I had my Paypal account suspended once and they put it back up after a couple of days.

Todd

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i had my ebay account suspenened cause someone had got in to it and i was selling about Ã'£4000 worth of car stereo,s,so give him a chance if he had good feedback

sith-smith

Grand Master
I recently had to open up a dispute case with eBay.

And they've had something like 16 negatives in the past month :shock:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It really depends how much the item is worth. If you have used the seller before and he has good feedback I wouldn't worry about it (yet) !! :wink:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
I have seen a few of his auctions, but if hes a decent guy then he wont have nothing against you having a claim against him!

Hope you get it sorted in your favour!

Adam_Burges

Padawan
It might just be the case that he has forgotten to pay his ebay fees, accounts get suspended because of this reason. Still file a claim, then ebay will contact him where-by he has 10 days to respond. If it is just the case of unpaid fees then he should pay them and his account will be up again soon. If it is something different paypal will either find out from him with email response or if they don't hear from him in the 10 day timespan you will be granted your money back.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
well i guess it's lucky but i've been granted a refnd by paypal. whether or not i actually get it is another matter, it says "on hold" at the moment whatever that means.

the annoying thing is i really wanted this figure, and as mentioned it was replacing one i already had with a lower grade. unfortunately i have since sold that one, so i've gone from having 2 to 0 :(

so in the last 2 month's i've actually reduced my collection rather than added to it, and it's a luke bespin i've lost :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom