Star Wars Meet up. Surrey

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am photography student and I am interested in Star Wars and its following.
I am currently doing a photography project about it.
I am holding a Star Wars gathering in Farnham Surrey.
So if your local or want to come, do so.

its on Thursday 12th November 2009
At the South Kiln Rooms, Farnham Maltings
From 6.30 to 8.30

See link for more details

[IMG http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/robin_godden/starwarssssss.jpg [/IMG]

Thank you.

Christian

Jedi Master
Welcome to the boards Robin.

What's the project in aid of mate? School, University, publication? Or do you just want to gather a load of SW nerds in one place and go all 'postal'? :wink:

Regards,
Christian

A

Anonymous

Its a university project about communities.
I want to bring together a Star Wars community in Farnham.
To meet Star Wars fans and to get a group together, find out why Star Wars has such a big/cult following that spans generations.
Which will also involve me taking a portrait. (everyone gets to keep a copy of theirs too)
And bring along anything Star Wars related.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I don't know if such a large gathering of geeks is such a good idea. May cause the universe to implode on itself. :lol:

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi Robin,

You sure your name's not Han and you're tring to gather us all together
for a mass bump off??

A

Anonymous

Haha.
I'm sure.

I was wondering, What is it about Star Wars that gives it such a loyal following? any thoughts?
and What is it about Star Wars that you like?
Just a couple of questions.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Robin

Bollux

Grand Master
The moves actually mean very little to me anymore, it's more about the toys and the memories that they bring, it's all about the nostalgia!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
As a photographer myself I'll have to give it a miss as I don't do in front of the camera :wink: :lol:

As for why it has such a loyal following? Christ... how long have you got? From my point of view I saw the first film when it was released and even though I was only five I remember it well. It was like seeing a different world at the time and I loved it. It was also one of the first films to be supported by a massive toy/merchandising exercise so kids were hooked and stayed hooked until girls became more interesting or fireworks and matches became accessible without an adult being present.

Once we grow up we all return to our childhood memories from time to time and for many of us the strongest memory is Star Wars. Combine that with a collecting bug and there you go!

JohnA

Padawan
Bollux said:
The moves actually mean very little to me anymore, it's more about the toys and the memories that they bring, it's all about the nostalgia!

Me too, to an extent. It hasn't been about the movies in years but for me it's not even about nostalgia anymore. I never had anything unproduced, prototype, bootleg, or anything like that. It's more about the history of Kenner/Hasbro and what went into making the toys.

John

Grant

Sith Lord
Hello,

I have to disagree you guys on this one. I love all the old Star Wars movies. They are the nostalgia for me.
I love all the different planets etc. I always watch them at least 2 or 3 times a year.

Grant. 8)

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the answers keep them coming. :)

Are there any collectors in the Surrey/London area who wouldn't mind being photographed? With their collections? or wouldn't mind their collection being photographed?

Thanks

Josh

Sith Lord
LOL with a name like robing ;) that's a brave call... I am in Oz anyway so that counts me out :) good luck with it

as for your question about why I collect.."I just do" :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Josh stop being a ****ing tight wad and fork our for them trans-continental flights! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Cheers.
Its Robing Because Robin is my first name and my surname begins with G

Josh

Sith Lord
robing said:
Cheers.
Its Robing Because Robin is my first name and my surname begins with G

Er I know... there was a really bad joke in there somewhere :p sorry it slipped past you :|

A

Anonymous

Well, Had the Star Wars meet today. Not many Fans in Farnham. Well that wanted to come. Only one turned up. Could of been the weather putting people off to I spose.

Grant

Sith Lord
Robin,

Fare play to you for trying to organise something. If it had been local to me in the north of Scotland Im sure I would have made it round.

Grant. 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom