Beware this auction!

Kneon Light

Padawan
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120074846171&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Seller is using the id the kenner kid and claiming to know nothing about star wars toys and says that they have been in his loft since the 1980's.

However he reponded to a question I asked from a different user ID - 12backman.

Checked out items the 12backman had been selling/buying and he has been buying replacement bubbles and selling re-cards! I therefore very much doubt that this auction is for figures that have been in his loft for 20+ years as he claims.

Buyer Beware!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's a good spot!

The way the light catches the card beside the Scout walker, it just screams repro. The cards also look very crisp and crease free, even if they have been in his loft ( :wink: ).

Wouldn't go near that one with a bardge pole!

Saw the Fett as well Jabba, nice and strategically placed so it almost looks like it's just been dumped on there by someone who doesn't know its value. No doubt to try and entice someone to pay serious money on the off chance its real. Which I'm pretty sure it isn't! :wink:

Bollux

Grand Master
I asked him how he managed to get hold of a rocket firing fett 20 years ago and this was his reply:

"its not original,its an old one but its a copy all the same."

boba frett

Jedi Master
All his carded figures are definetly recarded :twisted:

The bubble on the Bespin Guard is way too wide and the pinch at the bottom is too short.

Also the cardboard insert below the Luke X-wing & Snaggletooth are wrong - his are coloured white at the bottom, all the ones I've ever seen are plain grey cardboard colour.

What a wanker :twisted:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
And what makes it worse is he is FAR from alone when it comes to trying to rip people off on Ebay! :(

spoons

Grand Master
she's tried to shift those before boba :wink:

Kneon, If you have email evidence that 12backman is kenner kid report him. Ebay's been quite good at getting rid of dodgy sellers recently.

wozza35

Jedi Knight
I agree with spoons kneon ,if you can prove its the same person or even that there is some connection then report it,if its all above board then he's nothing to worry about

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
it amazes me aswell how all 12 have crystal clear, perfect bubbles!!!

she damn well knows they are recards, why do you think she says in her auction:

"if you have any doubts dont bid, as there will be know refunds"

only guilty people say stuff like that!!!!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
weasel said:
That's a good spot!

The way the light catches the card beside the Scout walker, it just screams repro. The cards also look very crisp and crease free, even if they have been in his loft ( :wink: ).

Wouldn't go near that one with a bardge pole!

Saw the Fett as well Jabba, nice and strategically placed so it almost looks like it's just been dumped on there by someone who doesn't know its value. No doubt to try and entice someone to pay serious money on the off chance its real. Which I'm pretty sure it isn't! :wink:

agree with all of that , plus the colour on the vader card is far to dull and lighter than an original. can't believe these people have offered Ã'£300 ( and he cant think why) :evil: ......... why dont we have an emoticon for a wanker :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Jukesy said:
Wouldnt like to see there reaction when they open there package to find 12 recards!!
Well if they can't tell they were recards by looking at the photos then they probably won't realise when they receive them. Unless of course this is another case of shill bidding.

Of course we could always tell the winning bidder they are a load of crap and not to send any money.... :wink:

boba frett

Jedi Master
Is there anyway we can charge for this good will service? :lol:

Or you just trying to be a modern superhero Craig? We could call you Ebayman :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
boba frett said:
Is there anyway we can charge for this good will service? :lol:

Or you just trying to be a modern superhero Craig? We could call you Ebayman :lol:
I can't be bothered to tell them, if they are prepared to spend that kind of money without doing their homework then they must be crazy !!

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Tell them, otherwise your putting money into the pocket of a con artist who will then go out and get another 2000+ or whatever of these conjured up and do the same thing over and over again!

I informed people the last time i knew about a dodgy auction and they thanked me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom