is this real

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-24-original-vintage-figure-collection_W0QQitemZ280068451862QQihZ018QQcategoryZ50281QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280068451862

do you think its a genuine vc jawa
could be a bargain

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I would allmost guarentee its a fake. Vc jawas were never released in this country. And if the seller knows nothing about star wars as he claims then how has he managed to put the correct weapons with the right figures?
I smell a rat.

IMTech

Padawan
I agree - definately suspect. The VC is hard to tell from the picture, but as I have found out the hard way generally if something is too good to be true itââ'¬â"¢s for a reason. Anyway with 40 minutes to go the bid is up to Ã'£77 ââ'¬â€œ which is halfway towards a genuine VC Jawa from a reputable seller.

On the UK release point I appreciated peoples factual wisdom of these matters, but as a kid (around 1980/81) I distinctly remember an older friend having a VC Jawa who had collected the toys since the first film came out.

I canââ'¬â"¢t be 100% certain but I never knew about the VC any other way until I started collecting again years later. He was the son of a friend of the family so one day I might see him again and ask him. He also had the only Death Star I ever saw as a kid (which I now know to be the Palitoy version), but I had a Millennium Falcon - which was almost as cool!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
IMTech said:
) I distinctly remember an older friend having a VC Jawa who had collected the toys since the first film came out.

I canââ'¬â"¢t be 100% certain but I never knew about the VC any other way until I started collecting again years later. He was the son of a friend of the family so one day I might see him again and ask him. He also had the only Death Star I ever saw as a kid (which I now know to be the Palitoy version), but I had a Millennium Falcon - which was almost as cool!

good to get some input from a new member, hi imtech

i too remember a mate having the vc jawa, i mentioned him before on the old forum. he was the spoilt bastard who lived in my village. his dad was a rep for some company in america, he was never around and i wondered if he existed for 2 years :lol: , but he also had a rocket firing boba fett , palitoy death star and every new figure as soon as it came out
so some of the kenner figures made it across the pond somehow

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i think it looks pretty genuine.
right length , colour and shape.
and if you look closely to the pic the outside of the cape seems to have a slightly dull effect , like not shiney against the camera flash.

its impossible to tell without holding it to see if it has the veiny effect and the shiney smooth inside but if not then Ã'£104 not to bad , about Ã'£4.50 each isn't a total loss

spoons

Grand Master
there's obviously some people out there who think its real

Q: will you be posting these for Ã'£4 for recorded delivery or just pick up. would you offer a 'buy it now' for Ã'£25. i will pay immediatly if you agree. its my childrens birthday soon and he wants these figures. thanks
08-Jan-07
A: Hi, will be posting with recorded delivery for Ã'£4. Thanks Les

the crap some people come out with.

I might ask if he'll sell them for Ã'£30 because its my dying granny's wish to old some knackered old toys

I think the jawa might just be legit, the length and colour of the cape look fine, bit of a gamble still

edit: just noticed they sold for Ã'£100 - a good deal if it is real, you could sell the other figures for at least Ã'£30-Ã'£40.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I might ask if he'll sell them for Ã'£30 because its my dying granny's wish to old some knackered old toys

i have some old toys somewhere and if i can fullfil the dying wish of an old lady then so be it .

is that cash or cheque spoons :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
spoons said:

i have some old toys somewhere and if i can fullfil the dying wish of an old lady then so be it .

is that cash or cheque spoons :D

a cheque of a dying woman......shady 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
In fairness to the seller he never mentioned there being a vinyl jawa in the auction, it's only the bidders asking if it genuine or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom