Who here collects Bootlegs?

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Hi guys, I know all of the folks that collect cheesy unlicensed SW junk on RS, but what folks here that don't post on RS are fans/collectors of bootlegs & knockoffs. Polish, Mexican, Uzay, Hungarian, Model Trem?? What are you all into?

Cheers
Joe

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi Joe, I collect bootlegs. I have around 15 trems now along with some Hungarians, polish and Mexican. I'm only really actively collecting Trems and pick up other bits and pieces when they come up. Would love to see your Trem collection mate. I believe I offended you recently Joe by suggesting a price for a load of the bootlegs you are selling on RS. My apologises if you feel I was being cheeky.

chazgreentooth

Jedi Knight
There are some Bootlegs for sale on ebay ending in an hour or so I think? I was tempted to have a bid but know nothing about them. :lol:

burnsy

Sith Lord
When I first saw Trems I thought they were a pile of shite.

But they are now some of my favourite pieces in my collection.

I think the irony of a childs toy being made out of lead with a toxic paint covering is funny and the rarity of the figures just adds to the collectability.

And like you say Josh, the boxes they came in just top them off.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
burnsy said:
Hi Joe, I collect bootlegs. I have around 15 trems now along with some Hungarians, polish and Mexican. I'm only really actively collecting Trems and pick up other bits and pieces when they come up. Would love to see your Trem collection mate. I believe I offended you recently Joe by suggesting a price for a load of the bootlegs you are selling on RS. My apologises if you feel I was being cheeky.

Nah Burnsy, yours wasn't the offer I was refering to in my RS sale post. I thought I'd replied to your PM at the time with a reasonable retort to your offer. I'll check my inbox on RS and get back to you if you're still interested. The person being cheeky was a scummer that wanted to buy about 20 figures figures and offered me something insulting that worked out to less than $3 ea for them, I almost typed a reply to him that would have rivaled any of my insulting anti AFA rants, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

As for pics of my MT collection(or the rest of my bootleg collection for that matter)....there'll be some big bootleg things happening in the next few months. I just recently bought some hosting and an address for what will hopefully become the bootleg only equivilant to the SWCA. I'm just waiting to have a web design savy friend of mine set up an easy to upload and add to template for me to put it together from. I've taken a ton of new pics,and written a lot of text. A lot of info thats not out there yet.

J

Martijn71

Padawan
Do think most of the EU/UK collectors who collect bootlegs already post both on RS as overhere.

My all time favourite are ofcause the MT closely followed by Uzay and Polish. Hungarian will be my 2010 (and beyond) goal.
Haven't troubled yet to go into Mex as I do not see a structure, it's too complicated for my brains :)

Did branch out to some MOTU bootlegs which are very cool too.

Anyone who wants to get into bootleg MUST certainly read the articles on the SWCA by Joe and John, this will be 95% of the knowledge you need, the other 5% you have to ask the authors self...or wait for an update :p
[edit] just read Joes reply: wait for the bootleg ARCHIVE :)

~Martijn

burnsy

Sith Lord
I think I posted these on here before.

EBaystarwars018.jpg
#

I listed them on the bay a while back but luckily they didn't sell as I think they're pretty cool

Joe

Grand Master
Hey Stu you still owe Shawn a favour mate?

That He-man would look awesome in his he-man collection!
:mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
Wow really? He does keep it under wraps, he is a huge fan though, I don't think he has any bootlegs either!

burnsy

Sith Lord
I'll get in contact with him as I have a lot of He Man stuff I'm gonna be selling.

Thanks Joe, and you're right I still do owe him big time.

Joe

Grand Master
Awesome! :D

Shawn deserves his weight in he-man stuff for all the help he gave me this year as well!

He has the power :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
burnsy said:
I think I posted these on here before.

EBaystarwars018.jpg
#

I listed them on the bay a while back but luckily they didn't sell as I think they're pretty cool

Those are pretty cool, in a "look-like-shite" kinda way! 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I bought the "He-man" boxed yet a few years ago, and about 5 mins into the first episode I relaised He-man was gay!
Seriously, if you watch of one of those cartoons now, he is blatantly batting for the other team.
Needless to say I haven't bothered with the rest of the episodes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom