serious money

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-LILI-LEDY-TIE-PILOT-AFA-80-80-90-MOC_W0QQitemZ280074819940QQihZ018QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280074819940

could well be the dearest thing put on today

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
an ungraded one didnt get any bids starting at $300 on ebay usa last month.

i seem to have very bad luck when selling, i've seen tatty common ledy's sell for Ã'£200+ regularly, then i try and sell my rare mint one and nobody offers more than Ã'£250 :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
no mate best offer i've had so far is Ã'£300 on RS, but that's pretty much waht i paid for it so not really worth letting it go for that. i'm sure it's worth more to the right person, i've never seen another one and it's not even on toys r gus!

i'd be happy to trade it for something for my luke bespin focus, not much on that front either at the moment :(

jayjedi

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
no mate best offer i've had so far is Ã'£300 on RS, but that's pretty much waht i paid for it so not really worth letting it go for that. i'm sure it's worth more to the right person, i've never seen another one and it's not even on toys r gus!

i'd be happy to trade it for something for my luke bespin focus, not much on that front either at the moment :(

got a brown hair, 41 back kenner :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
im very surprised how little this went for. just goes to show how unreliable ebay can be - a resealed ledy c3po sold for $800 recently, and then there was that opened jawa bubble and card that sold for Ã'£70! crazy!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
A lot of collectors won't look at AFA 80's though. :?

If he'd taken it out of the case and sold it as ungraded he might have got more !! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i've heard that lili ledy/uzay etc buyers are very sceptical of acrylic cased moc's because the bubbles are so fragile, they can just sheer off apparently!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how can being in an acrylic case make the bubbles more likely to come/sheer off? :( :oops:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
my guess would be that if it was dropped, there is no padding so the shock might make the bubble come off. where as if something is wrapped in bubble wrap, it has a bit of cushioning. in fact the last afa graded figure i sold arrived to the seller with a cracked bubble.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Fair enough.

I guess if we wait long enough all the bubbles will eventually crack or come off. :(

jayjedi

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
im very surprised how little this went for. just goes to show how unreliable ebay can be - a resealed ledy c3po sold for $800 recently, and then there was that opened jawa bubble and card that sold for Ã'£70! crazy!

that jawa card came back on though edd aas the original winner didn't pay and only went for Ã'£35 quid second time round

inzaman

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Fair enough.

I guess if we wait long enough all the bubbles will eventually crack or come off. :(
Thats a good point, a bit off topic, but do you think that eventually (i.e. in our lifetime) that the bubbles will eventually fall from the cards??

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I don't think they will all just fall off although even now there are cards with bubbles that are starting to lift, whether that is down to production error or climate I don't know !!!

Ones that are going yellow wil probably go brown and fragile and end up cracking.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Like Craig, I don't know if they will actually fall off. But, those that are yellowing probably will continue to yellow and end up cracking.
I guess we find out in 10-15 years. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom