** It's Back!! **

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
After 2 weeks and many hours of messing around, I've finally managed to get the forum working again (big thanks to Dicky over at phpBB for fixing the final posting issue 8) ) For those interested, it was a combination of moving the forum to a new server with newer software, and also trying to upgrade the forum software at the same time. I basically bit off more than I could chew :oops:

As far as I can see, the only thing that has been lost is the Star Wars logo from the top of the page. You may have to choose your avatar again, but they're definitely all still on the server. Pease let me know if you notice any other oddities.

Again apologies for the down time, the board is now fully updated and hosted on a new server so it should run faster, and won't need me to tinker with it/break it for the forseeable future! :lol:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Well done bringing it back Edd. I was afraid I'd have to without my urine coloured saber forever. :lol:

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Hi Edd, thanks for all that!
You mentioned costs involved running the site, i have to admit thats something that never crossed my mind :oops:
Is there a way to make a contribution, say bi annually or the likes?

Thanks

marc

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Great work Ed! I too was worried that Id never be logging on here again. Im gla you got it all sorted. This is a great forum! 8)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Seconded

theguiltyone said:
Hi Edd, thanks for all that!
You mentioned costs involved running the site, i have to admit thats something that never crossed my mind :oops:
Is there a way to make a contribution, say bi annually or the likes?

Thanks

marc

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ehhh fourthed (is that a word?)

Good to see you got it sorted Edd, now I have another excuse not to work!

Josh

Sith Lord
Thank **** for that :)
If it is ever a question of money etc Ed! PLEASE let someone know? I am more than willing to contribute some coin and I am sure there are others willing to do the same.
Thanks again, for making the effort to keep SWF going mate.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for the kind words guys. A lot of forums offer paid accounts with more private message storage, ability to sell etc but I've always wanted to avoid stuff like that, it really doesn't cost that much to host a website over the course of a year, and the time I've just spent fixing it is probably the only time I've touched it for a couple of years!

Luckily this time I managed to salvage all the data, unlike last time (Anybody remember the 2006 crash!? :oops: )

benbob

Padawan
Well in Edd, good to have the place back, I may only be a lurker, but I've missed lurking all the same :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom