bloody hell

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-CARDED-12-BACK-DARTH-VADER-AFA-95_W0QQitemZ170072709055QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170072709055

:shock: :shock: how much

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
good joke. and it's ungraded, case fresh price? about $500 :lol:

i like the way he says it's one of only 8 graded examples in the world - i definitely have carded figures that there's less than that known to exist at all, let alone graded!

i'm sure some AFA fanboy will buy it though.

inzaman

Sith Lord
There was also a Leia one at a similar price.

The AFA population report, once up and running, should show the number of the various items at the various grades :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:shock: JESUS!

At that price I'll take two! :wink:

Imagine the look of delight on Customs's faces if they saw that coming through!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I wouldn't think it Mash!

You'd be afraid to touch it incase you dropped it or the bubble cracked!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
brians toys is a bit like 21345 (whatever his ebay user name is). prices stuff way over the top just because it is afa graded. fair enough its a 95 grade but $11,000, he must be crazy!!!!!

Jukesy

Sith Lord
I was considering it...until i saw the price :shock:

Im desperate for a 12-back Vader but not willing to pay that much!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i like brians toys , does anyone else get his magazine , about once every 2 months, i love looking through it . most things are to expensive but sometimes he has something reasonable

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
There won't be many around with that grade so if you want top quality you've got to pay top prices !! :wink:

I get the Brians Toys magazine but every issue is nearly always identical !!

boba frett

Jedi Master
Brians Toys and other vintage dealers must love AFA, its given them license to print money!

They are probably in cahoots IMO :evil:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
boba frett said:
They are probably in cahoots IMO :evil:
It's unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me if they occassionally got favourable grading due to the amount of business they must do together.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
They were going to open a branch in the UK about 2 years ago but they cancelled it and haven't mentioned it since. :(

I like afa pieces even though you are basically paying a premium for whatever is printed on the label inside a perspex case !!

boba frett

Jedi Master
I think we'll need AFA because eventually the recards are going to be almost impossible to spot!

I've been offered a set of the first 12 blisters - all perfect in design etc and someone has replicated the waffle pattern by pressing down a slow drying glue on a metal file!

So its only a matter of time :evil:

boba frett

Jedi Master
jayjedi said:
i have noticed that you can get afa peices cheap in the US lately , so maybe the bubble bursting a little bit

Well i guess its simle demand & supply - the more figures AFA grade the lower the prices should become as they get more abundant.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jayjedi said:
i have noticed that you can get afa peices cheap in the US lately , so maybe the bubble bursting a little bit
For the loose figures most people will be going for the 90 grades wherever possible so I see the prices rising for them and lower grades struggling to sell for much more than an ungraded figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom