would you pay the extra

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-Cantina-Adventure-Set-Early-Bird-CB-STAND-/120584127463?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c135fc3e7

bought this from the states last week and then got an email today saying that the postage was not enough and if i want these then i will have to pay an extra $23 postage in addition to the $8 i have already paid... dont know if i want to they are not the best condition

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'm pretty sure when the seller states the amount of shipping it is binding by the rules of ebay. Personally i wouldn't pay it in a million years on principle alone and would open a dispute with ebay.
They are out of order.

Boba 71

Padawan
PGowdy said:
I'm pretty sure when the seller states the amount of shipping it is binding by the rules of ebay. Personally i wouldn't pay it in a million years on principle alone and would open a dispute with ebay.
They are out of order.

I agree, this guy is trying to rip you off! It bugs the hell out of me when people charge over the top prices for P&P :|

plantman

Sith Lord
to post that would cost no more than $10 mate

tell him to **** off, forward his email demanding more money to ebay and give him a negative, he obviously wants more for the item

im in a bad mood lol. but thats what id do.

I mistakenly charged someone £9 for postage to australia insured, i soaked the £25 cost up cos it was my fault, i would never have asked them for more

PGowdy

Grand Master
plantman said:
to post that would cost no more than $10 mate

tell him to **** off, forward his email demanding more money to ebay and give him a negative, he obviously wants more for the item

im in a bad mood lol. but thats what id do.

I mistakenly charged someone £9 for postage to australia insured, i soaked the £25 cost up cos it was my fault, i would never have asked them for more

100% agree. He is taking the piss and and whatever it "should" cost, he's stated 8 so 8 it should be. Report him and leave bad feed-back. He'll be gutted and think twice about it next time.

Boba 71

Padawan
Your right the price he put down is the price he should charge. The extra $2-$3 I would pay should be for insurance and tracking so he can't say it got lost.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed, guessing postage costs is all part of the fun :lol: but seriously who takes everything they ever sell to the post office to get weighed BEFORE listing for sale? I always just guessed, more often that not it was pretty much right but I remember a few times it being way over or under - you win some, you lose some. As long as you stick to what was quoted before money changed hands, nobody has a reason to moan.

Dub

Padawan
Open up a dispute and report the thieving twat to ebay. He entered into a contract with you and must abide. He set the P&P, he isnt allowed to change it coz you managed to get a bargain

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Pay the extra, then put in a Paypal claim- the buyer(you) always wins. If they don't send it signed for with tracking- just say it never showed up and get all your money back. That will teach the seller for being a twat :p

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I have shipped similar things to the UK from here ...that would not cost more than $10 to ship...even at that I probably would pocket a couple dollars. He is a douche bag.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
thanks guys, i have sent him an email saying that he quoted for the packaging and i would pay an extra few dollars for tracking so i will have to see how it goes, also contacted ebay via live help and they were quite helpful saying that i shouldn't pay it and were dealing with the buyer , so hopefully they can lean on him enough to send them.... or i it will piss him off and i'll get a message telling me to eff off :D

jayjedi

Sith Lord
ok, got a very short email today from the guy... it just said " shipped 6.22.10" :D
so i will wait and see, thanks for all the advice 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom