Enough to make your eyes water... (but we all did it!)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Found these on a thread on flickr. Kids opening their pressies on Christmas morning...

RIIIIP.jpg

Not even playing with it... :lol:

Brutal!!
3196320006_39c4df598a.jpg

Brings back a lot of memories. Wish i had pics like these.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
awesome mate, wish i'd had some of my youth :mrgreen:

you can almost hear the rest of us screaming " DONT OPEN IT ... KEEP IT SEALED " :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah i know. It makes me squirm seeing that Imperial Commander meeting his end.
An aunt of mine used to fold the card-backs in half before wrapping them for me for christmas. That used to annoy me even back then. :x

Bollux

Grand Master
I disagree, I think its brilliant that they it got ripped open and played with, its what they were created for!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Of course. Just seeing it retrospectively makes you cringe a bit. Not actually expecting kids to not open their toys. :lol: I remember i never used to open mine till i got home. I used to love sitting in the car looking at the unopened figure. Then once home... riiip! yay! Good times. :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
Funnily enough I think those toys were the lucky ones, the ones that sat unloved (and unsold!) for 30 years that now reside in acrylic cases in even bigger display cases, watched by balding, overweight sweaty fanboys are the real victims ! :lol:

No I don't really, but I agree with Chris its great to see kids enjoying them :) I bet many times we even forget their toy status as we are intent on "collecting" them and they have achieved that collectibles status! :p

Bollux

Grand Master
I have nothing but the fondest of memories of both buying, ripping open and then playing with those toys!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Funnily enough I think those toys were the lucky ones, the ones that sat unloved (and unsold!) for 30 years that now reside in acrylic cases in even bigger display cases, watched by balding, overweight sweaty fanboys are the real victims ! :lol: :p

who you calling overweight and sweaty... cant argue with the balding bit though :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
For some reason I have no memories of getting any SW toys as a kid.
I remember having them, but not actually getting them or unwrapping them................does that mean me or my folks must have stolen them from some unsuspecting smaller kid :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Or perhaps you hit your head at some point... :lol:
I have so many fond memories of looking at in shops, buying, opening at Christmas/Birthdays and playing with SW stuff. I don't think i ever got any SW back stuff as i'm a little young for that but i remember ESB stuff well enough and ROTJ vividly.
No pictures of it all tho sadly. :cry:

benbob

Padawan
PGowdy said:
An aunt of mine used to fold the card-backs in half before wrapping them for me for christmas. That used to annoy me even back then. :x

Little did they know then that this is the first signs of the modern day Vinatge SW's collector :p

PGowdy

Grand Master
benbob said:
PGowdy said:

Little did they know then that this is the first signs of the modern day Vinatge SW's collector :p

I think it was. :lol: I used to keep the card backs as neat as could and collect them in a drawer. Used to have as much fun looking at them as the toys. :oops: Plus i was able to send off for a free Nein Nunb which i think you needed about 6 POP's for.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
first , wesel i to had loads of sw toys i dont remember where some even come from.but do have some
great christmas sw memories specialy my falcon and looking in toy shops and wishing.

Second , about that pic .tight parents wrapping 4 figs together is one thing but getting 2 of same figure would have really pissed me off .as a kid

Dub

Padawan
I'm with Bollux, many happy days were spent playing with my Star Wars figs and ships. Even if I had have known they were gonna be worth something, they were just great toys to me. Just wish I had kept the buggers.

Bollux

Grand Master
I only wish I had kept my own toys for just nostalgic reasons, I would probably have needed to upgrade them anyway in order to display them as I did something wacky and actually played with them!

iDrew

Padawan
Bollux said:
I only wish I had kept my own toys for just nostalgic reasons, I would probably have needed to upgrade them anyway in order to display them as I did something wacky and actually played with them!
I still have some of my original figures from when I was a kid . Like you say, I have upgraded them, but the originals stilll have pride of place due to their history :mrgreen:

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:p
yeah i pretty much have all of them, and i love the idea they were played with and that adds more value than you can buy.

steves001.jpg

chewed,abused and probably set on fire at least once but MINE SINCE 1979 :mrgreen:

a few years back i discovered peebay and sold off a few , my fett, tie fighter pilot and a few others and i am gutted i did cause even if i went out and bought the mintyest mint mint version of each of them they would not be the same.

And so far my collection has focused on only picking up the toys i thought were cool when i was a kid ,, or wanted but never got, which means buckets of tie's and AT-AT's

i would like a few moc's of my favourite figures but i dont really wanna get em all. well maybe.

"still looking for that uber rare spear christmas twin pack that has yak face doin cameltoe variant leia while blue snag watches" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom