Fake hardcopy prototypes discovered.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
This really is a very bad thing. :(

I really feel for all the guys who've been scammed. Not only because they're money has been stolen, but also because they thought they had some really special items which have now been proven to be useless.

A special shout out to the people on the forum that have been stung. Hope you at least get your money back.

Joe

Grand Master
What a train wreck :( this is gonna make billy boy look like a school bully stealing lunch money

Just so sorry for all who got taken, even members of this forum :(

spoons

Grand Master
it makes you wonder what is real out there - I'm glad I could never afford a hardcopy and even if I could I'd think really hard about it now.

I hope everyone gets there money back, but if it's anything like the Billy boy situation it will take a long time

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Hey folks, i got stung big time for some LXW items.
Ill post pics when i get absolute confirmation about said items being not what i was led to believe they were ie. legit Kenner protos.
Its not looking good especially when Scott McWilliams basically gave me the kiss off in an email last week :evil:

After the whole billyboy farce (**** you again Bill if youre reading this) im gutted that i was taken in by the lies, in hindsight, i should have known better.

marc

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Wow! I feel for anyone who is caught up in that situation. It sounds like the pits! Alot of money changing hands for those items. Yet another case of fraudulent ****ers cashing in on peoples lust for the real rarities.

Makes me sick. :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
theguiltyone said:
Hey folks, i got stung big time for some LXW items.
Ill post pics when i get absolute confirmation about said items being not what i was led to believe they were ie. legit Kenner protos.
Its not looking good especially when Scott McWilliams basically gave me the kiss off in an email last week :evil:

After the whole billyboy farce (**** you again Bill if youre reading this) im gutted that i was taken in by the lies, in hindsight, i should have known better.

marc

I feel for you Marc, take comfort in knowing that you have some genuine killer items. Your Revenge logo mock-up card backs will always be fantastic 8)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Holy ****. More scamming, the hobby seems to be riddled with this at the moment. Marc im sorry to hear your bad news buddy, i hope you and everyone else gets their money back.
It does make you wonder how many preproduction items sitting in collections are caught up in this **** storm. I hope some good news comes soon....

spoons said:
it makes you wonder what is real out there - I'm glad I could never afford a hardcopy and even if I could I'd think really hard about it now.

+1 unfortunately

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
e30318is said:
Holy ****. More scamming, the hobby seems to be riddled with this at the moment. Marc im sorry to hear your bad news buddy, i hope you and everyone else gets their money back.
It does make you wonder how many preproduction items sitting in collections are caught up in this **** storm. I hope some good news comes soon....

spoons said:

+1 unfortunately

Way more than you could imagine are sitting in collections, that I am sure of.

sith jawa

Padawan
Marc,

That truly sucks and sorry to hear this joker ripped you off. Hopefully, you get your money back.

Here is a list of "prototypes" Scott sold in July 2004.

lando hand painted first shot. $200 (sold)
Lumat first shot with different color bag $150
Bib Fortuna first shot production colors $165 (sold)
Five unproduced e-woks.
2- chief chirpas
2-paploo
1- Bondo
Adm. Screed
Gaff
Hand painted DT Luke
Hand painted DT Ben
stormtrooper
jawa
Tusken Raider

Personally, I will deem all of them fake. Unfortunately, no pictures were posted. Just in case someone might have purchased back in July 2004, they might be traced back to Scott.

e30318is

Sith Lord
sith jawa said:
Marc,

That truly sucks and sorry to hear this joker ripped you off. Hopefully, you get your money back.

Five unproduced e-woks.
2- chief chirpas
2-paploo
1- Bondo
Adm. Screed
Gaff
Hand painted DT Luke
Hand painted DT Ben
stormtrooper
jawa
Tusken Raider

Personally, I will deem all of them fake. Unfortunately, no pictures were posted. Just in case someone might have purchased back in July 2004, they might be traced back to Scott.

Omg :eek:
In todays terms there must be tens of thousands of pounds sat in collections that are basically worthless. The fallout from this will be years and years. I can imagine, discounting the monetary side of thigs, the main disapointment is the fact the jewels in peoples collections are actually turds. It puts everyone on alert, how can people trust each other in the hobby- am i right in saying this guy was a well respected member of the comunity? What a complete bastard. BTW, who is bill?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
BTW, who is bill?

Bill is a ****-pure and simple.Excuse my french,but the guy is the biggest wanker ever to grace the UK scene,and probably number two worldwide after the twat selling this other fake ****.I never did like that twat Bill,his arrogance stood out to me from day one.Just a shame that he had a lot of real Palitoy stuff that he wasnt worthy of owning.

BTW Marc,im sorry to hear about this bro.I hope you can get something together with the other guys involved.

Lee

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Gutted to hear you got caught up in all of this Marc.
I can only imagine how bad your feeling buddy :(

Hopefully this peice of **** will get what he deserves.

@ Ed, as for Billyboy, just do a search on RS mate its a long but worthwhile read.
This one is gonna be MUCH bigger than the Billy scam imo. I got had in that one (fake parker baggies) but only for £150. Still it sucks to be had over by someone who i thought was a collecting buddy.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Ha, im an hour in and still only one and a half pages down. The common theme i fail to understand is why do people do it? Like i put in a pm i sent somone, im here to make friends rather than money. Ive nothing against picking up a good deal and making a nice profit off it. But to completely scam and lie to fellow collectors and MATES..... I really do struggle to comprehend it.
Will this knock the prices or strenthen of GENUINE preprod items? Once again, my sympathy to all who got shafted.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Well a few years back i would of called Bill one of my best collecting buddies.
I even stuck up for him initially in that thread :roll:

He was always a cocky so and so, but very helpful & friendly.

Its a very similar story.

Bill messaged me just before it all kicked off about the fakes, he was telling me to keep the baggies and never sell them on as they were rarer than 1st thought.

I wonder if he still reads these boards? If so i'd still love my £150 back for the shite you sold me.

sith jawa

Padawan
Concerning my earlier post for the figures below.

Five unproduced e-woks.
2- chief chirpas
2-paploo
1- Bondo
Adm. Screed
Gaff
Hand painted DT Luke
Hand painted DT Ben
stormtrooper
jawa
Tusken Raider

A number of collectors have come forward and stated some, not all can be traced back to a different source but went through Scott at one time. I wanted to list them in case someone purchased them from Scott and wanted to get them reviewed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom