Wolff Scam highlighted by the TIG Team

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Hi Guys i need to make people aware of the following thread -

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/watch-out-section-f7/watch-out-me-myself-and-i-t1902.htm

I have had a crazy 48 hours dealing with this family life and a chaotic work schedule guys so please bear with me.

Cheers Jay

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Ummm naughty! Some severe message board self-flagellation going on there.

I hope he doesn't go into a downward spiral of depression which eventually leads to him being found curled up murmuring Ewokese and clutching a Jar Jar doll.

Josh

Sith Lord
phreatobite said:
Ummm naughty! Some severe message board self-flagellation going on there.

I hope he doesn't go into a downward spiral of depression which eventually leads to him being found curled up murmuring Ewokese and clutching a Jar Jar doll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure what to make of that at all.
He posts admitting his **** up, after he's ben tipped off that he's been rumbled. Then tries at first to cover it up but finally comes good and refunds the costs in full.

PGowdy

Grand Master
He admits his **** up because he got caught and saw it as the only way to save himself. Not buying it.
He should be banned from that forum. Certainly from selling.
He knowingly attempted to scam a fellow collector and forum member and when he got found out he was all sorrys. That is weak.

Joe

Grand Master
The disadvantage of banning Wolff instantly is that this issue might not be over, I am 99% sure this is a one hit wonder for him but that's me wanting it to be true and taking him at his word as a friend.

If he is banned now, and 10 more people come forward how on earth do you want them to get refunds or things resolved, a ban if its placed will need to be done once everything is in its right place.

There are many people on RS that ****ed collectors over that are still around, their name is tarnished but they remain on the forum primarily so they can have an eye kept on them.

How many scammers actually sit on the forum sorting out their mistakes? 1 in 100? Yeah thats right. I can't stand by his side on this but hes not run off, he's taking the punches and I am sure many more want to throw some.

Ban - Yes it will most likely come, but not while this issue is 2 days old.. It is in the public eye - lets see what happens.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Fair dos. Certainly let everything get sorted out then i think the forum MODs need to think very carefully about what it means to let a scammer stay as a member on their forums. Tho i do see the point in keeping him around so you know where he is.

One thing i have no doubt about is he should be banned from selling on that and all other forums. Permanently. This will at least send out a strong message. I also think his full name needs disclosing. I assume he has ebay accounts and whether this was a one off or not i am not willing to deal with a scammer. Self confessed or not.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
People have jobs and busy lives though mate. This is the first I've been on since Monday afternoon!
I'd give him a few days to sort it all out before I worried too much about it not being on RS. Plus I reckon, if he doesn't highlight it on there someone will do it for him, probably quite soon.

Josh

Sith Lord
I don't buy it was a one off. Not for one sec. He does some damn fine custom work ;)
You are really not that stupid are you people, to believe that are yah? Well...I know some of you are :lol:

Josh

Sith Lord
weasel said:
People have jobs and busy lives though mate. This is the first I've been on since Monday afternoon!
I'd give him a few days to sort it all out before I worried too much about it not being on RS. Plus I reckon, if he doesn't highlight it on there someone will do it for him, probably quite soon.

Yeah true... but they are the same people who manage to still buy and sell, comment on OTHER forums about it, in the mean time also.

And wouldn't it be good to have Han around here then? So we can "keep an eye" on him? I love it when he comes trolling anyway :) It is the fun police who have a problem with it.

Josh

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
This is not about you and Joe Josh. Let's not do this again. :|

Oh now what? What have I done now that could of possibly upset that guy? ****all...I am sure he will moan about it if I have Emiel :roll:

My point stands! If you are dumb enough to believe he has never touched up a figure before this, YOU ARE A ****ING MUPPET.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
handbags.jpg

burnsy

Sith Lord
Not a good day for the hobby when a well known and well respected member
of the community tries to scam his fellow collectors.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Josh said:
Capetown said:
This is not about you and Joe Josh. Let's not do this again. :|

Oh now what? What have I done now that could of possibly upset that guy? ****all...I am sure he will moan about it if I have Emiel :roll:

My point stands! If you are dumb enough to believe he has never touched up a figure before this, YOU ARE A ****ING MUPPET.

Josh stop sitting on the fence and say what you think, would you!? :lol:

I think you may be right, it would be naive to think that this is the first time he has done something like this, although it is possible (just not very likely). I'm just going to reserve judgement on this one ATM.
I can see the issue TIG have when it comes to banning him or not. After all if they do ban him what's to stop him setting up a new account using his missus' PP and picking up where he left off!?
Unfortunately scammers are all to common in the hobby, I don't know if banning them is the best way to deal with them. Saying that, I'm not sure letting him stay on the forum is the solution either. I wouldn't be too happy if he was allowed to stay on the boards ahving scammed me, even if he did make good in the end.

It's complicated. Both ideas have advantages and disadvantages. I think Jay and the MOD's on TIG are ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't.
But, lets be honest though who is gonna buy a loose figure from him again knowing he has done this!?

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
But, lets be honest though who is gonna buy a loose figure from him again knowing he has done this!?

I'll have his dark legged Han Solo Hoth any day of the week :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry, what SENSIBLE (ie non Gooner) is gonna buy a loose figure from him again!? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom