How can you tell if it is a recard?

the rancor

Youngling
I have been collecting for a long time and usually the best way to tell is if it really is shiny and glossy. Nowadays, it is becoming harder and harder to tell if a figure is a recard or not. How do you tell?

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
If you are looking at a picture you can never be 100% sure. If you have it in your hand thats a different matter. The best way to tell is to get the seller to take a close up picture of the bubble with a macro lense (all digital cameras have them) and look at the edge of the bubble where it has been glued. And if you doubt the seller actually has the item ask him to send you a picture of the item with a piece of paper with todays date written on it. If the seller is genuine he should be happy to help you out.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
afa is a good way but expensive. try buying from a reputable seller . if its from ebay and not as advertised most will refund you if not then just claim through paypal.

spoons

Grand Master
the rancor said:
That's is good advice guys. I guess we all take our chance if the item is not AFA. In a way though, I kind of enjoy taking a chance on ebay.

I agree Rancor, part of the buzz I get from collecting is getting a bargain, i just dont think that's possible with most AFA stuff :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom