Bubbles

artoo_cu

Youngling
Just looking for some clarity :lol: on bubbles.

Always wary of recards / reseals :evil: & interested in Kenner v. Palitoy production methods and quality standards.

In my limited experience Kenner bubbles are generally tight around the figure, pressure sealed (causing the 'waffle' print) and sometimes prone to lifting / cracking because of a the nature of the seal / type of plastic. POTF bubbles are almost always yellowed - possibly because of the reaction of the metal coin with the plastic bubble.

Palitoy bubbles (and I've only got 'hands on' experience with 45A & onwards) are made of a softer plastic, hence prone to denting. With 'air-space' around the figure from 65D (?) onwards. They sometimes seem to be squared-off around the outer-edge where the bubble meets the card (giving a lower quality look), and may have been glue(?) sealed as I often can't detect evidence of a 'waffle' print.

Anyone got any more / different opinions or good photos for comparative purposes? Cheers. :D :D

spoons

Grand Master
Sounds about right artoo, the earlier Palitoys had the same bubbles as Kenner though, waffle and all. Later Kenner bubbles are not all necessarily 'waffle' sealed. I don't know how the non-waffle cards were sealed, but I didn't think glue was used. If you look at the Tri-logos its like they are almost pushed through the card.

Also the two-pronged/H shaped Palitoy bubbles are very tight around the figure and seem a little thicker

here's a pic of a Palitoy 41 back with Kenner style bubble

Hanhothpalitoy41bkfront.jpg

and a pic of a Palitoy 65 D with the two-footed bubble and no lifting :wink:

Han65Dfrontsmall.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom