snipe station gayness?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i'm really annoyed now :evil: just missed 3 auctions i would have won by quite a bit because snipestation didn't work!

it says my password is entered incorectly, and every time i try and test it, it still says it doesn't work. but i know it's right as i can log into ebay fine!

has it gone tits up or something?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not used Snipestation for a few days, but I had problems with it before. It didn't enter my bids and I would have won quite comfortably as well :twisted:

Maybe just a glitch in it not sure though.

spoons

Grand Master
it's been fine for me recently. Though it didn't bid on one item because of heavy traffic :?: :?:

Before it disappeared that time, I had the same problem as you Ed. I just changed my password and it worked ok after that

artoo_cu

Youngling
Used Hammersnipe recently. Subsequently, when logging in to 'my ebay', for the first (and so far only) time got the pictorial security verification that's designed to prevent automated logins. :eek: Coincidence? :? Or the start of enhanced security to prevent sniping / ensure bid 'wars' drive up prices & make more cash for ebay? :evil:

bluesnagman

Padawan
You guys make it sound like you win every time you use a snipe service. Is that true???? I use one and I have lost plenty. There is always that nut that seems to bid an ungodly amount. Maybe you guys are those nuts! :D
Todd

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Snipe station went wrong for me once a few weeks ago when it claimed it didn't fire because of a password problem even though the password was okay to place the snipe. :?

Since then I haven't used them and probably will never again now I have lost faith in them !! :x

spoons

Grand Master
it failed to bid for me because of a password problem yesterday - I changed the password to something completely differsnt and it was fine today - just got outbid :cry:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Got it set up to bid on a few things tonight (they end about 3 am, and I'm bolloxed if i'm waiting up) will see if it plays on me as well.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i tend to only use it for items im not really bothered about. i do quite a lot of buying and selling, so often place snipes on multiple items im not really interested in as if i get them for that price, it will be worth my while selling them on/trading them.

if anything turned up i really wanted (which hasnt happened for ages now :( ) i would sit it out properly :evil:

but yes i've had plenty of success with it before.

spoons

Grand Master
:evil: :evil: :evil:

it did it again

:evil: :evil:

what other bidding sites are there? I know about bidmate but you have to pay if you want last second bids

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It didn't bid for me last night but that was because the auctions had gone beyond what I was willing to pay.

You haven't got a second Ebay account you could use Spoons?

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
It didn't bid for me last night but that was because the auctions had gone beyond what I was willing to pay.

You haven't got a second Ebay account you could use Spoons?

no second account, but bidmate worked for me yesterday, I just got outbid :cry: .

I tried changing my password with snipestation and it worked for one bid then stopped working again - too unreliable for me.

spoons

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
just use your fingers lads :wink:

not if you want the bargains - the ones that end at 3.30 in the morning or during the working day.

Whenever I try to place a bid at work someone comes in and wants something. When they've finished the auction has ended :cry:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Ok now I'm ****ed off with Snipestation as well!

The one thing on Ebay this year I was actually after was due to finish about 3 last night/this morning, no way I could stay up and watch it so I set up snipestation to bid on it. Checked it this morning and the ****er hadn't bid!
What makes it worse is I would have won, my max bid was well over what it went for :twisted:

If I was only a few quid off winning I could understand it but this wasn't even close!

No idea why it didn't bid but I don't think I'll be using it again, not for something a really want anyway. :evil: :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom