cool display dioramas

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
not sure if anyone else has seen these yet, but they look like a really cool way to display loose figures!

http://www.opentasks.org/html/dioramas.html?PHPSESSID=bf4a6e5857dac13ab7a8590777e05d1b

the empire one will be interesting when they do it, i wonder what scene they will choose.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
8)

They seem to be picking scenes from the start of the films so I guess it will be Hoth.

Strange choice for Jedi, I would have thought one with Luke, Vader and the Emperor would have been more obvious

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i think the jabba's palace one is because there are more figures from those scenes, what with all the monsters i think there are about 18 figures and thats without chewie, boba, c3po .

i would have picked the endor moon though ...love them speeder bikes :D

spoons

Grand Master
the company went bust a while ago - there won't be any other displays. You can still pick up the SW one though, there were a few at memorabilia.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
does look nice spoons, and i dont think for Ã'£250 it overly expensive, but just no good for the carded collection :(

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i would do
pm-saber fight at end
aotc -arena battle
sith-only watched it once so dont know(shame on me)
nh-when vader drops ben with luke and everyone watching under the falcon
esb-hothwith plenty of snowspeeders
rotj-over the pit as artoo fires the saber to luke

boba frett

Jedi Master
spoons said:
the company went bust a while ago - there won't be any other displays. You can still pick up the SW one though, there were a few at memorabilia.

Were the Jedi or Sith displays ever produced?

spoons

Grand Master
boba frett said:
spoons said:

Were the Jedi or Sith displays ever produced?

Jedi definitely wasn't produced and I don't think the Sith one was either.

'does look nice spoons, and i dont think for Ã'£250 it overly expensive, but just no good for the carded collection'

That's a good price for that cabinet Jay but I'm not sure they were ever on sale either.

These were though 8) 8)

http://ta-designs.net/ultimatedisplaycases/home.htm

boba frett

Jedi Master
That looks good too spoons but shipping & customs would be too expensive for me.

It dosent look that hard to make actually - for a handyman that is :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
I looked into virtually every kind of cabinet going and settled on the Ikea route, cheapest by far :D

spoons

Grand Master
its the time and space jay - I'd like to give it a go, but I'd need a bit of practice first and clear out the shed to work on it. It would probably look **** after all that as well - wood isn't my forte

jayjedi

Sith Lord
spoons said:
its the time and space jay - I'd like to give it a go, but I'd need a bit of practice first and clear out the shed to work on it. It would probably look **** after all that as well - wood isn't my forte

i used to be the same but got some decent tools and it made the world of difference. i will post some pics of my masterpieces tomorrow, and then you lot can take the piss :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
I look forward to it, if it's any good you can make me one too, and an extension to put it in :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom