Best MOCs to start with?

AssyrianDrummer

Padawan
hey guys

Now that I've got a good start on my loose figs collection. was just thinking about what cardbacks would be best to start collecting?

I'm not going to be putting alot of money into yet until i get my place sorted then I'll be spending my hard earned cash on it. expensive hobbies eh? :wink:

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
I think the best way to do this is start with a Jedi card, then an ESB card and finally a 12/20 or 21 back Star Wars card. One of each of the main three. Maybe then stretch to a Trilogo and a POTF. Try to get a theme - rebels, creatures, imperials.

PGowdy

Grand Master
If money's tight but you want to build up a nice little collection of MOCs, rather than investing in one expensive one, then i'd suggest ROTJ backs or Trilogo (ROTJ & ESB characters). Many of these can be picked up in good condition for 30-60 pounds. There are also a few ESBs that can be picked up for around 40 but that's if you don't mond having a random mix of carbacks (like me!).

Here is my rough price guide for ROTJ trilogos -

Cheapest options
£20-30 - (many of these can be found for under 20. ATST driver, Nikto, Prune Face, Klaatu etc)
General Madine ...(joke)
Prune Face
Teebo
Logray
Bib Fortuna
Weequay
Nikto
Klaatu
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot

£30-45
Wicket
8D8
Squid Head
Ree Yees
Rebel Commando
Chief Chirpa
Han Solo Trench Coat
The Emperor

£45-50
Biker Scout
Gamorrean Guard
Rancor Keeper
Liea Poncho
Lando Skiff Disguise (can be cheaper. Price between the last category and this)
Admiral Ackbar (ditto)

Most expensive (50 to 100+)
Liea Boush (usually over 100)
Nien Nunb (top end)
Luke Jedi (top end or over)
Emperor's Royal Guard
Paploo (part of ROTJ line and Last 17)
Lumat (part of ROTJ line and Last 17)

Unaffordable
General Madine £5-10,000 depending on condition.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!

AssyrianDrummer

Padawan
thanks alot guys.

My thing has always been bounty hunter, so the fetts,guards,fortunas, bossk jabba play set etc. that and stormies cause to have any army of those on card would be kick ass! 8)

PGowdy

Grand Master
The cheapest carded Fett would be a ROTJ one. Probably set you back between £250 and £350. The most expensive either the SW or the tri. SW around a thousand and tri anything up to 2500. He's almost the most expensive figure on every card back, bar tri which he's probably the 3rd after Madine and the Jawa.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
To be honest there isn't a specific 'cheap' range OR figure. Pretty much every figure will be rare on one cardback or another. Some tri logos are very cheap but many are also incredibly expensive.

I'd say overall Kenner ROTJ are pretty cheap, but the original Luke and Leia will cost you a lot.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Isn't it true that the Boba 21 back isn't that rare at all and it's just that he's so popular which is the reason for the mega high price?!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
silver grin said:
Isn't it true that the Boba 21 back isn't that rare at all and it's just that he's so popular which is the reason for the mega high price?!

It's not as rare as some 21 backs (eg the Stormtrooper) and is certainly more common than a lot of other production MOCs I can think of. He's just very popular.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom