Thinking of a focus

shrek

Padawan
Heyup everyone im starting a new collection and i fancy doing a focus. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas ive got a couple of ideas but i would like to do something a bit different but im afraid that money will play a big part so i think certain ones that go for big money will be a no go im afraid any advice would be welcome cheers.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
It took me about 2-3 months to finally decide on a focus I wanted, so think long and hard Shrek

When I first started collecting about 11 years ago I liked a certain character and I decided then to try and get at least one of each on a Star Wars card, an ESB card, an ROTJ card and then a POTF one

I will never be able to put together a set of 12 backs as I don't think i'll ever have that amount of money! So I've decided to start a collection of 65C backs on the ROTJ card and they look like this:

IMG00337-20110514-2350-1.jpg

Good luck mate

shrek

Padawan
silver grin said:
It took me about 2-3 months to finally decide on a focus I wanted, so think long and hard Shrek

When I first started collecting about 11 years ago I liked a certain character and I decided then to try and get at least one of each on a Star Wars card, an ESB card, an ROTJ card and then a POTF one

I will never be able to put together a set of 12 backs as I don't think i'll ever have that amount of money! So I've decided to start a collection of 65C backs on the ROTJ card and they look like this:

IMG00337-20110514-2350-1.jpg

Good luck mate

Thanks for the advice mate your right it is really hard to decide on a focus as money really does play a big part but im trying to think about it and not just dive in but i wake up with a idea and think yes thats the one then i look on the forum and change my mind :roll: :D

Joe

Grand Master
Over the years I have had a bit of everything toy related, boxed vehicles, loose and loose variants, US, Euro and Canadian MOC, baggies (even an Ewok focus! LOL) I think the only thing I haven't actually tried to get into is bootlegs, I still can't although I love the look of a few of them.

For me what has worked out is a character focus, the reason is, if you choose a good figure you can build up a nice collection with bits from every category, if you choose a figure linked to a vehicle (Luke X wing etc) or even a playset, you can buy vehicles and boxed stuff to go with your MOC and loose and baggies and then if you want to venture into pre production items you can with proofs and other stuff.

Good luck!

shrek

Padawan
Joe said:
Over the years I have had a bit of everything toy related, boxed vehicles, loose and loose variants, US, Euro and Canadian MOC, baggies (even an Ewok focus! LOL) I think the only thing I haven't actually tried to get into is bootlegs, I still can't although I love the look of a few of them.

For me what has worked out is a character focus, the reason is, if you choose a good figure you can build up a nice collection with bits from every category, if you choose a figure linked to a vehicle (Luke X wing etc) or even a playset, you can buy vehicles and boxed stuff to go with your MOC and loose and baggies and then if you want to venture into pre production items you can with proofs and other stuff.

Good luck!

Thanks mate good idea hadnt thought about a character plus vehicles focus this is what i need different ideas cheers

PGowdy

Grand Master
Figures with a vehicle, creature or playset-

Fett + Slave 1
Yoda + Degobah
ATAT Driver or Commander + ATAT
ATST Driver + ATST
Luke X-WIng + X-Wing
Rancor Keeper + Rancor
Luke Farmboy + Land Speeder
Han Hoth + TaunTaun
Tie Pilot + Tie Fighter
Vader + Vader's Tie
Han Solo + Millenium Falcon
B-Wing Pilot + B-Wing
A-Wing Pilot + A-Wing
Coud Car Pilot + Cloud Car + Land of Jawas
Biker Scout + Speeder Bike
Jawas + Jawa car
Ewoks + loads of different bits
Hoth Stormtrooper + MTV 7
Rebel Soldier + Radar Laser Cannon

Joe

Grand Master
I've got a good friend who collects Rebel Commando items, that opened him up to the Endor Forest Ranger as a side focus and you would be amazed at the amount of stuff he has turned up for that mini run - it's great to have a finger in every pie so to speak!

shrek

Padawan
PGowdy said:
Figures with a vehicle, creature or playset-

Fett + Slave 1
Yoda + Degobah
ATAT Driver or Commander + ATAT
ATST Driver + ATST
Luke X-WIng + X-Wing
Rancor Keeper + Rancor
Luke Farmboy + Land Speeder
Han Hoth + TaunTaun
Tie Pilot + Tie Fighter
Vader + Vader's Tie
Han Solo + Millenium Falcon
B-Wing Pilot + B-Wing
A-Wing Pilot + A-Wing
Coud Car Pilot + Cloud Car + Land of Jawas
Biker Scout + Speeder Bike
Jawas + Jawa car
Ewoks + loads of different bits
Hoth Stormtrooper + MTV 7
Rebel Soldier + Radar Laser Cannon

Thanks for the list mate this has give me plenty to look into

shrek

Padawan
Joe said:
I've got a good friend who collects Rebel Commando items, that opened him up to the Endor Forest Ranger as a side focus and you would be amazed at the amount of stuff he has turned up for that mini run - it's great to have a finger in every pie so to speak!

Ive been thinking about what to choose as a focus, its harder than i thought it was going to be theres so many i like the look of so i agree it would be good to have a finger in a few pies :D

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Are you set on only collecting vintage? A couple of ideas from Bryan : first 12 loose on the display stand, then the first 12 modern on same display stand & then first 12 Lego figures & Kubricks.

shrek

Padawan
aussiejames said:
Are you set on only collecting vintage? A couple of ideas from Bryan : first 12 loose on the display stand, then the first 12 modern on same display stand & then first 12 Lego figures & Kubricks.

Thanks mate i was only thinking about vintage at first BUT that is a nice idea would look great in a display cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom