Ebay at it again

itfciain

Grand Master
As if they don't make enough money, fees up to a flat rate of 10%

Final selling price

£0.01* - £49.99 Fixed price final value fees (Current) - 9.9% of the final selling price up to £49.99
Fixed price final value fees (from 21 July 2011) - 10% of final selling price

£50 - £599.99 Fixed price final value fees (Current) - 9.9% of the final selling price up to £49.99 £4.95+5.9% of the final selling price of £50 or more
Fixed price final value fees (from 21 July 2011) - 10% of final selling pric

£600 or more Fixed price final value fees (Current)£37.40 + 1.9% of the final selling price of £600 or more
Fixed price final value fees (from 21 July 2011) - 10% of final selling pric

Vole

Youngling
Yep, just got that email myself.

Thieving motherfuckers can go screw. I'm done with them for good.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thats a ****ing joke. Ebay is more aimed towards business's now, not the everyday Joe. So they take 10% and them Paypal take another %age. ****ing theives. :evil: :evil:

Chewie

Jedi Master
They are just taking the piss! They know we can't live without them.... :( I wish they would at least bring back the ability to search ended listings for items that ended months ago.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It does help simlify the whole process of trying to work out how badly they are going to rape you, but at the expenses of getting even more screwed.

By the time you add up listings fees, FVF's and the PP's (unjust) share you must be looking 15-20% of the sale price. That's extortionate!

Rich.b

Padawan
The thing is most bricks and mortar auction houses these days charge at least 20% of the sale price as a sellers fee. I do agree however that it is a piss take when you have been selling for years and the price just keeps going up, as has already been stated they know you can't do without them so they have you by the proverbial "short and curlies".

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah it's now basically a 10% flat fee, with Paypal costs on top :roll: I rarely sell anything on there any more and if I do just inflate the price to compensate.

It's **** because people have no choice, there is no other alternative. And to be honest 10-15% commission isn't THAT bad for an international trading platform.

wertyu-2007

Padawan
robbing f**kers but they have got the buyers

ebay is only good for getting rid of stuff you dont want any more it hard to run a business off there.

i was selling new bike parts on there for about 4 years but competition grew driving prices down and there fees kept going up.
then paypal , tax and vat .
in the end if you made one mistake or lost one parcel you made nothing on the next 20 parts.

sorry rant over :roll:

olisuds

Sith Lord
It's another ebay rip off!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its only up to a maximum of £40 fees though. So if you sell anything over £400 then the fees don't go higher!

I also noticed the other day that when you set an action with a BIN price, the BIN price has to be 40% higher than the starting price. This change must have come about in the last few weeks cause i didn't have this problem last time I sold on eBay. This really p!sses me off cause I frequently set the a BIN quite close to the starting price. Usually around 20% higher. This way I can make some quick sells but don't loose to much if it sells with a low auction price. Has anyone else noticed this?

PGowdy

Grand Master
it doesn't work like that i'm afraid. I just sold a camera for 750 and the ebay fees were £75 plus another £30 from paypal. :cry:

wertyu-2007

Padawan
yes they definately have made some major changes this last week or so i just logged a car on there and can only list for 10 days on buy now where as before it was 30 days i thought there was something wrong and contacted cust support , but they have cut advert time down form 30 to 10 days .

quote:
t doesn't work like that i'm afraid. I just sold a camera for 750 and the ebay fees were £75 plus another £30 from paypal. :cry:

:shock:
that is terrible 105 pound fee

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
PGowdy said:
it doesn't work like that i'm afraid. I just sold a camera for 750 and the ebay fees were £75 plus another £30 from paypal. :cry:

Thats crap because the way the e-mail looked it would be up to a maximum of £40.00. If thats not for the final value fee then what is that maximum for???

Paypal to me is the biggest rip off more than ebay.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I have no idea. There's loads of other info but basically i think they take 10% of whatever it sells for. All i know is i will never sell anything over £40 on ebay again. I will advertise with them and do "off-ebay" deals from now on. **** em.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
PGowdy said:
I have no idea. There's loads of other info but basically i think they take 10% of whatever it sells for. All i know is i will never sell anything over £40 on ebay again. I will advertise with them and do "off-ebay" deals from now on. **** em.

Sounds good to me. Against e-bay rules doing off ebay deals but as you said, **** em. If they are gonna take the piss out of private sellers they should expect the same back.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah it's against the rules but not illegal (which really bugs them) and there are loads of ways round it. At least half of my ebay dealings are "off ebay" and they haven't caught me yet. Don't care if they do.

ODB

Jedi Master
Aren't the number of Ebay listings going down at the moment? I suppose they have to get their margins up somehow. Its amazing no one has tried to muscle in with a new site that offers far more strict conditions and leave the idiots on all Ebay and allow the rest of us to buy and sell in relative ease.

Point in case another forum I visit saw someone buy something from the US and shipped it to the UK where it got caught in customs for a hefty charge. Seems the buyer thinks the seller should pay the fees and Ebay and Paypal appear to be agreeing with him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom