To flame or not to flame!?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm not a big fan of flaming people, unless they blatantly deserve it (here's looking at you Han), but I've just been ****ed around on a deal and I'm a tad pissed.

As most of you know, I'm flogging off a few of my MOC's. I had them listed on Evil bay and was contacted by a buyer who wanted extra pictures of a few etc. We chatted over email/evilbay messenger etc and he made me an offer for one item outside Ebay, but said he wouldn't be able to pay for it until the 20th (ish) of this month when he got paid. Now I don't have a problem holding items for people, be it for late payment or payment plan etc. I know not every one has the cash at their disposal then and there, and I've been helped out by sellers in the past so I try and help out buyers as much as possible.

We agreed a price and that he would pay on June 20th (ish). I specifically asked him to make sure he was 100% as I didn't want to be ****ed around, and he assured me that he was. So I foolishly ended the listing and sent the invoice. Can you guess where this is going yet!?
Today he contacts me to say he has somehow managed to find an AFA 85 and thus no longer wants to do the deal, AND then he turns round and makes me a very cheeky offer for one of my other items (the offer was below one he had made on the same item about a month before).

Am I alone in thinking that if you agree to do a deal with someone that that then means you are actually going to do a deal!? Not that you keep it as an insurance and go looking for a better deal in the interim?
I know there's a recession on and people are keen to save cash ect, but surely once he saw the 85 and was tempted, let-alone had an offer accepted on it, contacting me would have been the decent thing to do!?

As it stands I'm not out anything, other than the cost of an auction, but I can't help but feel severely ****ed off. Especially as I specifically stated I didn't want a situation like this to happen and for him to make sure he was 100%.

What do you think, Flame or just chalk it up to an arsehole buyer!?

e30318is

Sith Lord
I have been in the same position- buyer wanted to wait until payday to pay, in the mean time he found another lot and left me high and dry. It is frustrating, I shrugged it off and forgot about it.
I wasn't out of pocket though- I assume it was a high value item so the listing would have been an expensive fee- it does leave a bad taste.

Am I right to assume it was a forum member?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Yep, I've been selling off a lot of Non SW vintage figures on Evil bay of late and I've had three buyers pull out of the sale stating that their kids accessed their ebay accounts and purchased without their knowledge. Bull ****ing ****. So I get lumped with final sale fees and all and if I get shitty with them I risk copping unwarranted neg feedback. The scales a definitely tilted in the buyers favour with little to no repercussions for dodgy buyers. Time wasting ****ers

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil:

Sorry I've had a bad day :twisted:

Chewie

Jedi Master
Yeah Flame away! He went into a deal with you made you wait around and then back out because he found it somewhere else....and then has the cheek to ask if he can buy something else off you......Yeah Right! Send him a message saying you are going to block him from your future ebay sales for ****ing you around :wink:

Rich.b

Padawan
Flame away mate, that's a proper shitty thing to do. Then send them an invoice for the cost of the original auction.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Our word should be everything. Maybe you're not out a lot of money but what if this guy does it often. If no one says anything he'll think it's OK- & it is not. Flame him, next time he asks someone to hold someone they can tell him to get stuffed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree, flame. Point him here and tell him you're going to drag his name through the mud for being a time waster. It really pisses me off too.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
e30318is said:
Am I right to assume it was a forum member?

Nah not a member on here, that I know of.

His Ebay ID is; Nextgen45

I'll add him to the relevant thread in a minute.

Ohh and he got a message back from me thanking him for wasting my time. I was uncharacteristically polite, and even managed not to swear.

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
Consider it a lesson learned and move on. Definitely let him know you are not happy about it and put him on your blocked bidder list.

No deal is done until the money is exchanged.

wertyu-2007

Padawan
Ron said:
weasel always try to get a non refundable deposit if some1 wants you to wait for full payment

yeah thats what i do least you know straight away if there serious if they dont you can relist it quick and not wait for weeks for nothing.

its happening a lot more than it used to non payers .

plantman

Sith Lord
i agree with ron, if they want you to hold onto it get £5-£10 deposit for loss of fees ect so if he pulls that **** its less of a hassle as you get a free beer and apcket of pork scratchings out of it.

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
plantman said:
i agree with ron, if they want you to hold onto it get £5-£10 deposit for loss of fees ect so if he pulls that **** its less of a hassle as you get a free beer and apcket of pork scratchings out of it.
Freakin Pork Scratchings??? :D

plantman

Sith Lord
:lol:

God i love pork scratchings and especialy crackling!

I went to a wedding recently and they had a full roast pig on a spit, i went up and got a breadbun with stuffing and apple saucce, and i asked the guy doing the cutting for crackling only, no pork! It was gorgeous, greasey and crispy....droooollll

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom