12-back Kenobi Genuine or Reseal?

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Hiya gang,
Recent purchase of a 12-back Kenobi MOMC as advertised, just received him this morning and i have my doubts on whether or not he has been resealed in the past as their maybe signs of bubble movement. In some parts of the bubble the cross-hatching glue is visible but around the card away from the bubble there is also cross-hatching and looks like it the bubble has moved or slipped resulting in left over glue. Can you guys please have a look and let me know what you think before i go back to the seller (in this case is tlkrs6, previously robsolo30)

http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=tlkrs6

heres some photos:
kenobi2.JPG

kenobi3.JPG

kenobi4.JPG

kenobi5.JPG

kenobi6.JPG

kenobi7.JPG

Thanks lads :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
is it possible it's a factory error, and there were two attempts at putting on the bubble?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i'd hazard a guess that it's genuine mate, i've got figures with really weird/badly put on bubbles.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Hmm i cannot see any uneveness or tearing of the picture beneath the bubble seal but there is a strange square clear plastic part behind Kenobi which i have tried to show up on the following picture, does anyone know what this is?

Thank you all for your help and comments, i wasn't sure if this is genuine or not.

plastic.JPG

spoons

Grand Master
Jukesy said:
Hmm i cannot see any uneveness or tearing of the picture beneath the bubble seal but there is a strange square clear plastic part behind Kenobi which i have tried to show up on the following picture, does anyone know what this is?

Thank you all for your help and comments, i wasn't sure if this is genuine or not.

plastic.JPG

i've got the same thing on a Palitoy ESB Han - it's fine, don't know why its there though :?:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
they put those plastic squares in the bubble behing all figures with capes to stop them sticking to the card. you also find them in other figures with easily rubbed off paint, such as boba fett and dengar.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
yes mate im pretty sure its genuine. even my tri logo leia has that plastic behind the cape! i guess with most of the older figures with tighter bubbles you cant see it unless it's been put in wonky.

sith-smith

Grand Master
If you need any other 12/20/21 backs, let me know.

I'm selling up my Kenner star wars collection.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
of course i need some more 12, 20 & 21-backs....

i need the Stormtrooper, Solo (large head), Chewbacca, Death Star Droid, Power Droid and Greedo!!!

Always on the lookout for thee to complete my SW collection :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
A 12 back Han large head is going to cost you at least Ã'£500 for an AFA 80 so expect to pay big money when one appears, unless Gary still has a spare ungraded one as I seem to remember he had 2 or 3 a while ago !! :lol: 8)

sith-smith

Grand Master
The two I had were palitoy ones.

The only kenner han I have is a small head.

I definitely have some of the ones you listed left, Jukesy When I sort my collection room out, I'll dig them out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom