Bootleg metal Yak Face

Iglomat

I found a bootleg metal Yakface in a charity shop the other day, does anyone have any info on these? It's stamped with a a number 5 on the back and the only one I can find online is Ron Salvatores's which is number 3.

Joe

Grand Master
bootleg-metal-yak-1.jpg

Can read more here - http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48031

I have never seen any for sale, I think they were definitely custom made from a production figure, limited run of god knows how many! Cool find though :)

Iglomat

Here's a couple of pics witha close up of the number stamp. The small copper pipes in the feet that must have held it in the mould are still attached.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Wow that is very cool! I have never seen one of those before. So how much did you charity shop find cost you?!

Iglomat

Just a pound! it was in a box of mixed junk toys....I couldn't believe my eyes when I picked it up.

MikeStrange

Padawan
I've been hunting for one for ages, great find mate. If you fancy giving him a new home, give me a shout :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Hmm, the first bootleg iv'e ever seen that I actually like the look of, almost looks like a solid silver statue.

Neat find! 8)

Joe

Grand Master
MikeStrange said:
I've been hunting for one for ages, great find mate. If you fancy giving him a new home, give me a shout :D

By ages you mean about 6 hours? :lol: :lol:

Bootleg Yak.png

Joe

Grand Master
Mike - You can try users "Dare" and "StarWoz" too as per this thread they both have (or had) one: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29806

MikeStrange

Padawan
Joe said:
MikeStrange said:

By ages you mean about 6 hours? :lol: :lol:

Bootleg Yak.png

Are they the same thing? I've seen the one on the Archive but didn't realise it was supposed to be on a plinth.

For some reason I can't see the pics in this thread, they just show up as P1020683.JPG

Just like Buses, wait and age for one and two show up at the same time.

:lol:

MikeStrange

Padawan
subzero said:
BUH!!!, just realised this thread is from 2011. :lol:

I didn't even notice :lol: someone sent me a link this morning and I didn't even check the date. That's why the pics don't show up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom