what made you all start recollecting

threepio

Youngling
i have many happy childhood memories of the films and the toys and it is why i have begun to recollect the toys. after recent fallings out with my family they remind me of happier times.
is it why you all begun to buy the toys again

sith-smith

Grand Master
Nostalgia mainly.

I had them as a child up till about age 14. Put them all up in the loft. Then at 19 I decided to start recollecting. That was round about the time the first post jedi star wars novels came out.

Collecting now does remind me of my childhood obviously. But it also reminds of regaining my love of star wars in 92 8)

spoons

Grand Master
I'm exactly the same as Sith, I sold mine when i was about 11 or 12. Then started rebuying them from bootsales when I started uni, about the time the new SW novels came out.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
it was 1994. i had vague memories of the films as a kid, but knew i was well into the toys. all my old ones got taken to the tip in the late 80's though!

then in tesco i saw a display for the re-release of the films. im pretty sure this is the first time the trilogy was showcased since it came out.

so i bought all 3 films, expecting them to be ok and a bit of a nostalgia trip at best. but i was amazed how good they were, and watched them for weeks on end. in fact at one point i watched one of the films every single day for a few weeks. i loved them!

so well and truly back into star wars and having played a few of the video games out at the time on the snes and pc, i then stumbled across a junk shop that sold loose figures for a couple of quid each. i assembled a fairly modest collection over the next year or so, and then at a market saw a carded figure. that was it - i got serious deja vu seeing that packaging again! so i sold all the loose stuff and started buying carded figures from a local sceience fiction toy shop.

obviously with no ebay then it took a lot of time and money to put together a carded collection that would be pretty crummy by todays standards. but once i found ebay, it was full steam ahead! :lol:

wampa

Padawan
I am a bit of a collector deep down really and will collect almost anything if i get bitten by the bug, star wars, 2000ad comics, trainers and ceramics are my main things, but i went to a carboot sale when i was a student in 1991 and there was a lady with ywing,falcon and a whole tub of figures, the ships were boxed the tub contained a yak face,all for Ã'£15, i got hooked again there and then!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Like most of us I sold my collection when I was a teenager and I always regretted it. :(

I started to use ebay as I wanted to buy a SNES, (another item I regretted selling) and it was on there I discovered I could still buy all the figures. 8)

My bank account has never recovered since !!! :oops: :lol:

Dom

Jedi Master
Same as the rest of you guys, im in it for the nostalgia. I just can`t work out why im buying all kinds of new things? I think I just have a problem :D

inzaman

Sith Lord
I am a bit of a collector at heart and will also collect things when i get the bug. I had a few SW figures back in the day but sold them all to fund an Action Force/GI Joe collection, not to collect but to play with as this was early/mid eighties; i still have all the AF/GI figures and some are in quite good condition considering the hammering they have taken.

I have been wanting to collect SW figures for the past few years now but with one thing or another never got round to it, this was for nostalgia reasons but also because i really like some of the figures, love the movies, and wanted a display in my cinema room. I have been collecting for about 12 months now and really enjoying it.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Dom said:
Same as the rest of you guys, im in it for the nostalgia. I just can`t work out why im buying all kinds of new things? I think I just have a problem :D

yeah proberly from prague,get to doctors

lee gray

Sith Lord
when the potf 2 range came out and i saw how crap some of the figures looked ike han and luke, it made me want to own the original figures again and thats why i restarted

mash

Sith Lord
i just think they look awesome and i can have what i couldn't have when i was younger

couldnt agree more Jay i didnt own half of the figures and ships when i was younger but now i can (in theory) get whatever I want, esp last 17 figures which came out when i got into skateboarding and BMX all the figures went into the loft :cry: :cry:

besides that i seem to buy any toy from the 80's maybe i have the same problem as Dom?? :lol:

mash

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Fond memories and nostaglia, love star wars...there was alot of SW figures and vehicles that i never had when i was younger as i was born in 1981 so i missed out on a few items.

I stumbled across ebay really and noticed the amount of items listed ao just started out buying the items that i never really had, now that has grown into all the 12,20 & 21 backs as well as MISB vehicles and playsets!!

wozza35

Jedi Knight
I think most of us are nearly the same,i too had a few star wars toys when i was younger but being the eldest boy they got passed down and wrecked :cry:
so now that i can get them i am ,not really looking to buy eveything ,just want a nice complete loose collection an at at a millenium falcon and an imperial shuttle
Im about 25 short on the loose collection (mostly last 17)and need an imperial shuttle then i will be happy,unless i then look at carded :?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
wozza35 said:
I think most of us are nearly the same,i too had a few star wars toys when i was younger but being the eldest boy they got passed down and wrecked :cry:
so now that i can get them i am ,not really looking to buy eveything ,just want a nice complete loose collection an at at a millenium falcon and an imperial shuttle
Im about 25 short on the loose collection (mostly last 17)and need an imperial shuttle then i will be happy,unless i then look at carded :?

that sounds familar,though i am not even thinking of ships yet

spoons

Grand Master
when I first started collecting it was my goal to own one of everything Kenner made, though I only discovered that the POTF minirigs existed a year ago :oops: I never had a falcon or ATAT as a kid so I wanted them as an adult.

15 years on I've decided I just don't have the room for it, my loft was filling up with ships I forgot I even owned. It's a shame as I was only missing a couple of major ships (Shuttle and Sandcrawler) to complete what I originally thought existed. There's too much I want carded to justify paying for them. When I'm a mansion owning millionaire I might start agin. I might try and complete a knackered loose set for my daughter though 8)

(I've still got an ATAT and Falcon for sale Wozza if you're interested)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom