Greatest collecting moment?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Since you've started collecting again, which single purchase has filled you with the greatest sense of happines?

I think mine is my first shuttle that I bought just before Christmas in 2000 I think.

Being just before Christmas increased the nostalgia thrill I think 8)

jayjedi

Sith Lord
job to say really , as i get a bit happy everytime something arrives

one of 2 ... either the afa luke stormtrooper i got with the money my nan left me when she died or my vinyl caped jawa for about Ã'£6 :D

jayjedi

Sith Lord
bought a lot for Ã'£30 sold the rest for Ã'£20 and kept the vc jawa and a perfect vader and anakin loose so Ã'£10 for the 3 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Buying my first MOC Palitoy 12 back in a shop in London for half the advertised price of Ã'£300.

:lol:

Jason

lee gray

Sith Lord
My greatest moment since i started collecting again was travelling to acton parcel force depot to collect my potf yak face and opening it up on the way back to the train station to check for creases as was my worst fear as you never ever know what you might end up with and couldnt wait until i got home and it had none and it made my day

mash

Sith Lord
Greatest purchase i have had was when i bought what i thought was Paploo for Ã'£11 and it turnes out to be Warok!! when he arrived he was so minty mint he still had that sweet plastic smell to him! (you know that smell?)

mash

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mash said:
Greatest purchase i have had was when i bought what i thought was Paploo for Ã'£11 and it turnes out to be Warok!! when he arrived he was so minty mint he still had that sweet plastic smell to him! (you know that smell?)

mash

yeah got it the other day ,and will again soon when i open that logray and leia poncho

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
probably my 21 back x-wing luke. i got it when i was about 15 from a local toy dealer. i had to save up for weeks to buy it!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
mash said:
.......you know that smell?

mash

:lol: Reminded me of Kilgore in Apocalypse Now

"......The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "

sith-smith

Grand Master
I do have another.

Going to a shop and seeing the R/C sandcrawler that I'd been after for ages being demonstrated on top of the counter.

I'd wanted one of those since I'd first seen it in a book in 94. Had to wait until 2001 though.

But it was great to finally have something I'd only dreamt about.

Scruffy Looking

Padawan
I'm going back a fair few years nows, as I stopped collecting donkeys ago.

Watching my boyfriend buy Luke in storm trooper gear from a car boot stall, and me finding the helmet in a box of crap on the same stall.

Top tip....don't collect as a couple. When you split up no cares about who gets the fridge! It's blood and tears over the Star Wars collection though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom