PALITOY DVD REQUEST

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so please go easy on me. :oops:
Anyway, my first post is to ask if anyone knows where I can get the STAR WARS PALITOY ADVERTS DVD from a few years back. I missed the boat back then clearly but since reading about the compilation I have emailed Dave Tree a few times and even sent money to his PAYPAL account for a copy but no joy. I'm guessing he's not doing copies anymore but I'd dearly love to see this DVD. The Palitoy adverts are so tied up with my childhood SW collecting and as fun as the Kenner adverts are, well ... I never saw them as a British kid, it was always just the Palitoy ads.
Can anyone help out with advice , links etc?
Thanks to all,
Rob

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Hi there Rob, I have a copy of the DVD you mention. It came out shortly after the palitoy archive Dave ran at Celebration Europe back in 2007. If you've just sent him money out of the blue without getting a response from him first, it may be the case he has sold them all and is not planning on a reprint run. I have sent him a message asking him to get back to you.

cheers Jason

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
Thank you Jason, that's really kind of you. I have to say that the Palitoy collection sounds superb and if there's any way I can get to see it then I'm going to try. I did send a few emails and the cash direct with an attached message but nothing back in reply.
I know that a few of those adverts have made it onto youtube but I'd rather have the compilation DVD and obviously get it direct from Dave if at all possible, not least because of the hard work that he put into it.
The ROTJ speeder bike advert in particular is pure nostalgia, myself and my brother re-enacted the weaving through the table legs / Endor forest a good few times with the corresponding toys .... :)
Rob

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
Ha, there's a thought :eek:
Nah, PAYPAL refunded me. i'd rather he had the money though. And I had one of those lovely DVD compilations...
Rob

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Dave is hard to reach sometimes.

I wonder if he has a problem with people copying his DVD (IF he is not planning a reprint).

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
Capetown said:
Dave is hard to reach sometimes.

I wonder if he has a problem with people copying his DVD (IF he is not planning a reprint).

I honestly don't know but I'd PAYPAL anyone the £12.88 for a copy and they can do with it what they like ( keep for themselves, give it to charity, whatever ) I'd just prefer to pay Dave if he had any copies left.

If not then....?

Rob

ODB

Jedi Master
I don't think he'd be too pleased if people start taking copies of his work as his copies of the adverts have been restored to make them cleaner versions than those available on youtube.

I'm sure he'll chip in sometime.

aok

Youngling
I've also been trying to contact Dave re the DVD. If anyone else has another one for sale, I would love to buy.

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
Hello guys, I've not heard from Dave at all so I'm assuming that he's not doing the Palitoy discs anymore. So...is anyone out there willing to part with their Palitoy DVD ( or even knock up a DVDr ) in return for plentiful cash renumeration in thanks this side of Xmas? I may never be able to own the toys again but having the trailers all on one DVD disc to watch and rewatch will almost :( make up for it.
Sent you a couple of messages Ron...
Rob

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Rob. I am sure you will recieve a response from Ron soon but Ron is not a regular on the forum and may take a fair while to respond :wink:

Liam

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hey Rob, I tried with Dave a while back last year and was in contact and the last I heard from him he said he was going to dig up a few copies for me BUT I never received an email after that.

I got a couple of Kenner ones of a guy called Chris as he handled the Kenner ones. I've just emailed Dave again to maybe try n jog his memory so I'll let you know if I get a response. :)

Ham

David Tree

Jedi Master
slower than slow, dug out 8 PAL copies here. £12.50 + £1.80 recorded UK delivery.

ODB is right, I'm not too chuffed with copies.
After the long hours researching and tracking down the adverts in archives and paying PRS License Fees to do the DVD limited run, there are a couple ads on YouTube taken directly from the DVD without giving at least a reference or source material check, which is disappointing.
At shows, folks often ask what upcoming projects there are, but if the previous projects have not covered their costs, the next ones don't happen 8)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
David Tree said:
slower than slow, dug out 8 PAL copies here. £12.50 + £1.80 recorded UK delivery.

ODB is right, I'm not too chuffed with copies.
After the long hours researching and tracking down the adverts in archives and paying PRS License Fees to do the DVD limited run, there are a couple ads on YouTube taken directly from the DVD without giving at least a reference or source material check, which is disappointing.
At shows, folks often ask what upcoming projects there are, but if the previous projects have not covered their costs, the next ones don't happen 8)

Great news that you still have a few. Grab them while you can guys! I bought one of these when they were first available and they are well worth it. In addition to the regular adverts, the DVD has some fun easter eggs to search out and the included booklet is top notch.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
That reminds me Dave, off topic but there was a page about All The Cool Stuff in last weekend's Salisbury Journal 8)

David Tree

Jedi Master
That's right, very cool and unexpected :) if you had purchased the New Forest edition, you would have seen this too: http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/newforest/news/9771762.Window_shopping_/?ref=rss

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom