AT-AT Commander (Palitoy)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

I have a AT-AT Commander on a beautiful ROTJ card.

The figure is a super light grey with a bright white face. Whats up with that? Is he a PBP?

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
While I can't confirm the COO to be sure these figures are an exact match, I do believe it is likely to be the same figure as the one found on the Meccano (Made in Spain) Trilogo AT-AT Commander seen here (two bubble variants) :

arwarsjoker_42697_24bd9b654bcf4beffbb5a0bd145a10d3.jpg

img8833s.jpg

We can confirm that PBP produced figures for Meccano (Trilogo above) and Palitoy (ROTJ Walrusman etc) around the ROTJ/Tri period as well as Kenner (Made in Spain ROTJ cards like Greedo etc) so it is a good bet this is a Spanish variant yes.

Joe

Grand Master
Hmm well I have seen a couple of Palitoy pale faced figures but they definitely aren't all pale faces, seen quite a few with the tanned face like your Palitoy Trilogo above.

Not sure if anyone collecting MOC is all that fussed about the variants inside the package, it seems only loose guys get off on different coloured paints/COOs!

flycasual

Jedi Master
There are quite a few "pale face" AT-AT Commanders which everyone calls "PBP". They have a slight pink hue to the face.

Apparently there is a "true white face" PBP AT-AT Commander that is much rarer.

Don't quote me on this though. :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Well I looked on the reference guide on TIG and there's other ways of checking using poor painting with bubble marks and plastic tags on the moulds so will have a closer look.

flycasual

Jedi Master
You're more likely to find these characteristics on Poch figures. I think PBP figures are of higher quality, in general.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Hi Guys, I'm not aware of there being an AT-AT Commander that is exclusive to PBP. To my knowledge they can be found through out Europe so i would call it a Euro Variant. Always liked the white face though as its very striking!

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
flycasual said:
There are quite a few "pale face" AT-AT Commanders which everyone calls "PBP". They have a slight pink hue to the face.

Apparently there is a "true white face" PBP AT-AT Commander that is much rarer.

Don't quote me on this though. :lol:

That is the one that gets the "PBP" Exclusive label and is a nice figure but not exclusive though as can be seen here, there's other face colours to that are found on the same cards with the same scars and they get the PBP/Euro label.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom