Made in Macau baggie

Thanks

Vince

**Delboy75**
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Non Kenner Baggie basic Guide

Postby **Delboy75** » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Do you own it now Vince or is it still locked in Dennis's collection.

When I bought that one from eBay (France) the seller said he had 2.
I bought them both, but when they arrived one was in a regular Kenner Baggie.

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: None Kenner Baggie basic Guide

Postby snaggletooth » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
**Delboy75** wrote:Not Frank, but im here so can answer as best i can lol.

The Ig88 looks palitoy to me.

Now the Greedo is one of those that confuse things as it could easily be kenner or palitoy. However, i'd imagine if it was palitoy it would be the no coo, the boots look quite dark so check the boots for coo or lack of.

Memorys a little bad now on coo/baggie combos, but i think the china bagged luke bespin DOES contain the pal figure.

Hi Del, Thanks for the reply and thats some great info you have posted above.

I was hoping you might still be around and thanks for confirming that the IG-88 is a Palitoy, James quoted you in another thread which gave me the impression it was a palitoy.

The greedo as fas as I know is known as the Meccano baggie, no COO scar. Now this confuses me as the figure is made by PBP just like the light green walrus man, snaggletooth and the Vader above(Clipper)

I know the greedo appears on Palitoy cards as well as other euro cards, so him being found as a Palitoy baggie makes a lot of scence but to me this baggie is very similar to the Vader(Clipper) but a slighty thinner plastic.

Also the Meccano Walrusman and Snaggletooth are very similar to my IG-GG Baggie, maybe thats a clue to where he was made and these baggies in my opinion should be PBP maybe PBP/Palitoy or PBP/Meccano. I'm not sure on the IG-88 but love to hear what peoples thoughts are?

Hi Frank, any chance you could add pics of your PBP Lando?

That's Greedo, Vader and Lando now that are found in this Type of Baggie and all have Scar COO's made by PBP, the thickness of the plastic bags are slightly different but IMO there the same type. It wasn't unusual for PBP to use what ever materiel they had available at the time and Maybe the YPS ST could also be this type of baggie but made with a much thicker material?

This is where I get confused, PBP Snaggletooth and Walrusman both come in a different Type of baggie, the same type as our IG-88, james Greedo and my Luke bespin IMO. Those COO's don't match and after looking again I thought I'd cracked it as I noticed the snag and wally baggies have one overlap longer at one end than the other, so does James Greedo and that COO doesn't match up to PBP.

I always thought James Greedo and my Luke and IG-88 where HK No COO figures, are all those figures actually made by the PBP factory or are all of these figures actually all made in Hong Kong/Macau?

I've added pictures of all mine to see what you guys think

aussiejames wrote:Not IG88 but a similar baggie?
Del confirmed this as legit (Palitoy) it is a very thin plastic- almost like gladwrap (cling film- not sure what you guys call it?)
It's also a no COO figure #2

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 am

Sorry I totally forgot to get back & answer this Scott & TBH after much head/ass scratching I am also a little in a grey area about this lot, I think we should meet up & compare them all & see if we can get a handle on these once & for all - up for that?
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby snaggletooth » Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 am

Frunkstar wrote:Sorry I totally forgot to get back & answer this Scott & TBH after much head/ass scratching I am also a little in a grey area about this lot, I think we should meet up & compare them all & see if we can get a handle on these once & for all - up for that?

Sounds good to me mate, I'll bring them with me when we meet up for the fishing 8)

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Sorry for the huge delay in getting this one posted up Scott -

If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

snaggletooth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby snaggletooth » Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 am

No worries Frank, he's awesome mate and that's the 3rd PBP deep scar figure that's showed up in that baggie type 8)

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Palitoy-q baggie added to guide

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Wed May 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Just noticed that you've done the Jawa in the thread- made me think if there is any VC Jawa examples?

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed May 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Maulster79 wrote:Just noticed that you've done the Jawa in the thread- made me think if there is any VC Jawa examples?

Here you go -

Just been bought in the states by a fellow collector I know, sadly I am pretty convinced its a fake, but its been sent off to AFA so we will see what they have to say about it, I have spoken to Del regarding the possibility of one existing & we are both of the same mind in that if there were one it would have come in a SW issued one rather than an ESB or ROTJ era one, most likely a SW-a (White text one) & would have been "most likely if produced" have come in a early bird SW brown box multi-pack, though there is ZERO evidence to support this bar a promotional photo in (I think?) a store catalog.

EDIT which was shown loose BTW

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 pm

New baggie type added to the guide (Euro-g)

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Just read through this, excellent guide Frank. Fair play.... :D
Looking for Toltoys/Harbert Boxed Landspeeder....

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Jeff ;)

Yet another new baggie now classified Euro-h, many thanks to Del yet again for the photo. :D

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:56 pm

One palitoy baggie re classified today after new info has come to light, more work to re edit the comprehensive guide :lol:

Palitoy-k has changes, see first page.

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 am

Frunkstar wrote:
Maulster79 wrote:Just noticed that you've done the Jawa in the thread- made me think if there is any VC Jawa examples?

Here you go -

Just been bought in the states by a fellow collector I know, sadly I am pretty convinced its a fake, but its been sent off to AFA so we will see what they have to say about it, I have spoken to Del regarding the possibility of one existing & we are both of the same mind in that if there were one it would have come in a SW issued one rather than an ESB or ROTJ era one, most likely a SW-a (White text one) & would have been "most likely if produced" have come in a early bird SW brown box multi-pack, though there is ZERO evidence to support this bar a promotional photo in (I think?) a store catalog.

EDIT which was shown loose BTW

Did the VC Jawa end up being legit?

Cheers
Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”