Header image

Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm

TBH it looks to be a fake reseal, sorry I had not spotted this post :oops:
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 pm

New Euro baggie has just been classified & added to the non kenner guide - Euro-j
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:20 pm

& another, Palitoy-r now added to the non jenner guide ;)
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:38 pm

& another with the inclusion of the Euro-k

Feel free to input any time you like folks :lol: :lol:
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3346
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby SAVORY100 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 am

Frunkstar wrote:& another with the inclusion of the Euro-k

Feel free to input any time you like folks :lol: :lol:


I have a question (or two), which I'm sure you will be able to answer and will add some more knowledge to the thread/subject for others that like me find it so useful.

Clearly a single known example does not necessarily make a new classification/variant. It could be a factory error (including at the bag printing factory before it arrives at the figure producing factory that used the printed bags), someone processing/working on the line doing a seal differently or picking up a baggie from another line that was being made in the factories and therefore (as with loose variants) it isn't actually a different variant/classification. So, how many known examples do you see/record and then compare before assigning a new classification for the baggie type?

Do you set the number as a hard rule? Are there other guidelines/rules that you have in place to define both the classification of types and also the contents of mailers etc?
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6491
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 am

Great work Frank, more baggies classified, more information on hand for reference for baggie collectors, you are providing a massive contribution to baggie collecting and to the hobby as a whole. Outstanding 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:
Frunkstar wrote:& another with the inclusion of the Euro-k

Feel free to input any time you like folks :lol: :lol:


I have a question (or two), which I'm sure you will be able to answer and will add some more knowledge to the thread/subject for others that like me find it so useful.

Clearly a single known example does not necessarily make a new classification/variant. It could be a factory error (including at the bag printing factory before it arrives at the figure producing factory that used the printed bags), someone processing/working on the line doing a seal differently or picking up a baggie from another line that was being made in the factories and therefore (as with loose variants) it isn't actually a different variant/classification. So, how many known examples do you see/record and then compare before assigning a new classification for the baggie type?

Do you set the number as a hard rule? Are there other guidelines/rules that you have in place to define both the classification of types and also the contents of mailers etc?


Good question & a very relevant one!

I try to make it that I have seen & confirmed at least 3 examples of a baggie type before I consider it for classification, ideally all from different sources to be cautious, though on occasion this is not always possible, for example I just added the Palitoy-r to the line up & there are only 2 confirmed examples know, I have had detailed pictures sent to me of one residing in Australia (font / heat seals) & had the other was sent to me to inspect by hand so I could check the text & seals in hand &close up.

There are also a couple of other exceptions to the rule, but if a baggies is the sole example it MUST be able to be traced back to a Kenner or Palitoy source for provenance, the Palitoy-l for example which i got direct from an ex Palitoy worker in my first ever batch of baggies, though the baggie type has since been confirmed, the luke farm boy on the guide is the only known example of that figure in that baggie.

Factory errors do occur as we all well know, but this does not qualify for a separate classification under any circumstances &would be just regarded as such a factory error or oddity.

Hope thats the answers you were looking for
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3346
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby SAVORY100 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Frunkstar wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:
Frunkstar wrote:& another with the inclusion of the Euro-k

Feel free to input any time you like folks :lol: :lol:


I have a question (or two), which I'm sure you will be able to answer and will add some more knowledge to the thread/subject for others that like me find it so useful.

Clearly a single known example does not necessarily make a new classification/variant. It could be a factory error (including at the bag printing factory before it arrives at the figure producing factory that used the printed bags), someone processing/working on the line doing a seal differently or picking up a baggie from another line that was being made in the factories and therefore (as with loose variants) it isn't actually a different variant/classification. So, how many known examples do you see/record and then compare before assigning a new classification for the baggie type?

Do you set the number as a hard rule? Are there other guidelines/rules that you have in place to define both the classification of types and also the contents of mailers etc?


Good question & a very relevant one!

I try to make it that I have seen & confirmed at least 3 examples of a baggie type before I consider it for classification, ideally all from different sources to be cautious, though on occasion this is not always possible, for example I just added the Palitoy-r to the line up & there are only 2 confirmed examples know, I have had detailed pictures sent to me of one residing in Australia (font / heat seals) & had the other was sent to me to inspect by hand so I could check the text & seals in hand &close up.

There are also a couple of other exceptions to the rule, but if a baggies is the sole example it MUST be able to be traced back to a Kenner or Palitoy source for provenance, the Palitoy-l for example which i got direct from an ex Palitoy worker in my first ever batch of baggies, though the baggie type has since been confirmed, the luke farm boy on the guide is the only known example of that figure in that baggie.

Factory errors do occur as we all well know, but this does not qualify for a separate classification under any circumstances &would be just regarded as such a factory error or oddity.

Hope thats the answers you were looking for


Perfect answer Frank and I'm sure, very reassuring for all collectors that there is such rigor behind the guide and the way you've constructed it - Cheers
Steve
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:31 pm

It's why it is & always will be a work in progress, it's take a lot of checking & cross checking before I am happy to included anything, I also only ever work on the guide when I am in the right fully focused & committed mind frame to do it, it's all or nothing, no half measures, it has to be right.

Hence why it happens in splurges, I am sitting on a hell of a lot more stuff that needs to be included in the guide, soon as I am focused & motivated I will start work again on it in earnest, some cracking new things to get included - coming soon :lol:
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6491
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:43 pm

And that is why it's such a fantastic tool for baggie amateurs ( like me) and seasoned baggie collectors.
The drive and enthusiasm and sheer hard work that is put into the guide is massively appreciated.
I constantly reference the guide, which allows me to form an opinion on prospective buys out there, ensure I'm not looking at fakes, and be safe in the knowledge that things are kosher, which is such an important aspect of collecting in today's climate.
OCD is a great thing Frank :wink:

Big thanks from me for one :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3346
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am

Is there anything to suggest that baggies were (as well as mailers etc) part of the production process? I was thinking that maybe the figures and weapons may have been shipped to Kenner/Palitoy in baggies from the Far East... only came to mind as we often receive samples of gift product in a similar fashion as well as many small and easily scratched items come individually bagged into the warehouse too.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

User avatar
SOJ
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby SOJ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Apologies if this is a repeat question, I've search the forum and can't find the answer though.

I've got a palitoy mailer box for Dengar the one with D1108 printed on the box. What Baggie with the come with?

I picked up a Dengar palitoy A Baggie at the Xmas FF and wondered if it was a match to go with the mailer box?
i see your schwartz is as big as mine

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6491
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

Take a look at Franks ace guide :wink:

Click the link and scroll down to .....part 2 single figure mailers....

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937&start=75
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:26 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby Bunglebubs » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

SOJ the Dengar baggie that came with my mailer box was this one, I have a photo of it somewhere here on this forum after it was cased and graded by UKG.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no spoon!

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5901
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Wow that's cool, I haven't seen that baggie before!


Return to “Vintage Reference Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest