Comprehensive Guide to Baggies , please do not post here

Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Comprehensive Guide to Baggies , please do not post here

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Toltoys - country of origin Australia

It is worth noting that all Toltoys mailers came with palitoy baggies as I believe Palitoy supplied them for these offers & as with the palitoy one they came simply in a box with the baggie, no paperwork at all.

4-Lom NOTE that the 4-Lom was issued in a Kenner logo baggie unlike all other TT mailers, it is speculated that this is due to production of TT's baggies (same style used by palitoy) had not started at the time this offer was available & they were supplied Kenner baggies for the first available mail away offer they ran.

Admiral Ackbar Palitoy-b baggie

Nien Nunb - photo courtesy of Mike - please NOTE that NN was available with 2 font styled mailers, large font as shown & also a smaller font version see below photo with them laid side by side for comparison - Palitoy-a

Survival Kit Boxes shown with Toltoys sticker, would have had palitoy baggies in them

List of cardback offers courtesy of Robert Heron -

41-A with the survival kit offer
41-D with the 4-LOM offer
45-A with the display arena offer
47-A with the 4-LOM offer
65-B with the Nien Nunb offer (in both 'Revenge' and 'Return' labels on the front)

Other info as to where the Ackbar offer came in also courtesy of Robert Heron -

Seems he was never offered on a cardback & this is the way it was found - It was advertised on ice block wrappers by the company Paul's (in conjunction with Toltoys), and never advertised on any card back, see below photos -

Last edited by Frunkstar on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Kenner - country of origin U.S

America had more mail away offers than any other country & not just single figure mailers, lots more great photos & information on the other offers as well as the single figure mailers can be found on Shawn K's great website here, well worth a look as there is some very interesting infomation on all things mail away -

http://powerofthetoys.com/mailers/

Survival kit offer - offered as a way of bulking those hoovered up weapons up your mother relived you of on a daily basis, well if your mum was anything like mine that is. photo courtesy of Mike

4-Lom photo courtesy of Mike

Admiral Ackbar - photo courtesy of Mike

Anakin - photo courtesy of Mike

Boba Fett pre issue, with brown envelope - no Image currently available

Boba Fett 1st issue

Boba Fett 2nd issue - Photo not available yet

Bobba Fett - Sealed mailer exciting discovery, first ever sealed fett mailer to have surface, would have been 2, sadly the seller opened one to show the contents :o what a sad loss, but hey at least there is still a sealed example out there :) PHOTO COURTESY OF ROBBIEZOMBBIE

Bossk - I always thought it was rather odd that this ESB issued figure was put out in a SW-a first issue white text baggie, not sure what the reasoning behind this was TBH EDIT (26/1/15) : It has not been confirmed beyond a shadow of doubt that the Bossk mailer has also turned up with both the ESB-a & ESB-c baggie, confirmed from sealed examples opened for grading - now that is odd! as ALL other know single figure mailers came with the same bag type throughout its short lifespan.

Emperor - the most commonly found mailer out there as I am sure most of you will already know - photo courtesy of Mike

Nien Nunb - photo courtesy of Mike

& a photo I found on an auction site with them all laid out nicely together which I figured would make a nice addition.
Last edited by Frunkstar on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 pm

POCH/PBP SPANISH ISSUED MAILERS

Right folks, all I can say about the PBP offers is that we do not have a lot to go on to date, thats actually a bit of an understatements as it goes, we have 2 craps of paper to show what was offered & no actual mailer images, we do not know if they were ever sent in baggies let alone mailer boxes like the other we are accustomed to.

These are the 2 known flyers in question which depict 5 figure, it is not even clear at this time if indeed all 5 figures were offered, but I can confirm the Nien Numb was & some collectors in Spain got those sent to them, it's speculated they may well have just been sent out in a padded envelope as loose figures,sadly as said nothing can be confirmed 100%

Please do reach out to me if you know of anything about the PBP mail away offers as it's all a bit of a mystery for now.

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Star Wars Issued Brown box early issue Multi-Packs - this is going to be a long haul & an on going project trying to compile as many as I can, this will be happening with the help of Andy_R & Pat O'Brien both from RS, so please be patient.

Multi packs (MP's) were issued by several companies in the U.S to provided a cheaper alternative to Carded figures & a way for folk to add multiple figures to there collections, these packs were available via post from retail stores Sears/J.C.Penny/Wards/Spiegel & Aldens with some companies only offering a few & others offering many, some packs were specific to just one outlet while other being available from multiple retailer, hence some having many issue numbers on them rather than just a single order reference number, they had from 2 to 16 figures in them which came in baggies with a small catalog showing other items from the toy line & were a perfect way for parents to give kids a lot of figures as a gift without breaking the bank, there are to date at least 85 known packs but I have heard that there may be as many as 98 (unconfirmed) with some others intended for release in the POTF line, though no example has ever surfaced & it is likely they never made it to the production stage, nowhere near as many of these pack exist as with MOC as the packaging was at the time not regarded as something of any value & was in most cases discarded as simply being a cardboard box :o

There are 3 eras of MP's Star Wars E.S.B & ROTJ, each era having different box types.

In this first section I plan to cover the early issue plain brown or white box early issued MP's, please note that although the number of MP's issued is one thing, confirmed remaining examples of some is still a matter of debate, with several still not having been found to date, bear this in mind when looking at the visual reference/photos available of them.

If you have a pack that is not shown in the guide below I would be most grateful if you could help out & provide photos of any you have so they can be added to the index.
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 am

White Creature packs were I think the first issued (not 100% if they came before the brown boxes or at the same time TBH)

Please note there were also red text versions of these packs available (no image available at the moment)

Sears 49-59412 - 2 pack Greedo - Blue Snag -

PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

Sears 49-59412 - 2 Pack Greedo Red Snag - PHOTO COURTESY OF REBELALLIANCE

Same pack as above but showing the baggies - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Sears 49-59413 2 Pack Hammerhead Walrus man PHOTO COURTESY OF - Andy Raymond

Spiegel/Penny/Aldens 57T4489 – 4 pack Hammerhead Walrus man red Snaggletooth Greedo (BLACK TEXT VERSION)

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:24 am

BROWN BOX SW ISSUED MP'S

Great photo of a freshly opened pack, figures never removed COURTESY OF LandoSkiff (Dan) which I think makes for a great introductory photo for this section

Please note I am only including one of the available catalog numbers for simplicity, please refer to the photos of the numbers from other companies or cross check them in the fantastic Kellerman book

Sears 49-59414 Death Squad Commander Luke (Farm Boy) Han Solo (Large Haed?)

Wards/Penny/Spiegel/Aldens 49-24489 Leia Organa Han Solo (Large Head) Chewie Jawa - 4 pack NOTE THE 2 VARYING FONT STYLES ON THE LEIA & JAWA -Both SW-d, but there seem to be more & more minor variations creeping into the mix so both large & small font like with the SW-a's so do need subclassing SW-a/1 /2 etc at some point, noticed by snaggletooth
thanks mate ;)

Wards/Penny/Spiegel/Aldens 48-24490 Ben Luke (farm boy) C-3p0 R2 D2 - 4 pack

Sears/Wards/Aldens - 49-59415 Darth Vader Stormtroopers x 2 - 3 pack

Sears 49-59416 - Chewie R2 3p0 - 3 pack

Sears 49-59417 - Jawa / Tusken Raider's X 2 - 3 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF - Mike Horn

EDIT: - New addition 29/6/16 same pack as above but a bit of an oddity picked up recently, this pack has been printed incorrectly with an additional digit in the code, same as the above one (Sears 49-59417 - Jawa / Tusken Raider's X 2 - 3 pack) but has an additional number 4 in the code (factory typo 49-594147) first & only such code error I have seen, confirmed as the same pack as has been X-Rayed to confirm, PHOTO COURTESY OF WILLEM-JAN BOS

Wards/penny/spiegel/aldens - 48-24496 Darth Vader Tusken Raider Stormtroopers x 2 - 4 pack

Penny/Spiegel/Aldens - 924-3346 Luke (X-Wing) R5 Boba Fett Power Droid - 4 pack

Pack shown is a signed QC sample & "to date" the only one known to exist for this set.

Sears - 49-59451 Luke (X-Wing) Boba Fett - 2 Pack

Quality Control Sign off of the same pack & the same signature as my 2 packs, again the only known example - PHOTO COURTESY OF theguiltyone

Sears - Luke (Farm Boy) Leia (Organa) 3p0 Death Squad Commander Tusken Raider Chewie Greedo Hammerhead Darth Vader Snaggletooth (Red) R2 Walrus Man Stormtrooper Jawa Han solo (Large Head) Ben - 16 Pack - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A REPRESENTATION OF WHAT IS SUSPECTED TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PACK, THE BOX IS NOT CORRECT FOR THE PACK, THOUGH THERE IS A SEALED EXAMPLE SHOWN ON THE SWCA GUIDE FOR REFERENCE

Please Note not all the baggies for this pack are correct, but its a work in progress putting them all together for this set.
PHOTO COURTESY OF Pat O'Brien baggies that need correcting are Ben & 3p0 to SW-d & the 4 creatures to SW-e's

Sears/Aldens - 49-59458 Chewie R2 Death Star Droid 3p0 - 4 Pack the one pictured is another signed QC sample & again the only one known to date, same signature as the one above.

Sears - 49-59459 Darth Vader Stormtroopers x 3 - 4 pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE AS YET

Sears/Aldens - 49-59461 Jawa's X 3 Tusken Raider - 4 Pack

NO EXAMPLE HAS EVER SURFACED TO DATE So with it being what I would regard as a bit of a grail pack as I as a lot have a huge soft spot for Jawa's, have managed to pickle this approximation of what it may look like, I have put all SW-b baggies into the set with a box that only has half the factory code on I got cheap ( the prefix part of the code is the same as this pack), I know it may well not be right, but I think its as close as we are ever likely to see unless a genuine pack surfaces, hell we have no idea what baggies would be in the pack bar that they would be SW era ones, it could be for all we know 3 VCJ's :o so please bear in mind this is NOT the actual pack, just an approximation of what it should be

Last edited by Frunkstar on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:23 pm

ESB Issued Plain White Box MP's

As with the SW issued packs above, generally the baggies in all the packs were identical, this era covered a lot more packs & figure combinations than the previous ones due to more figures having been released & the success of the previous packs as store MP's, most were plain white boxes with just catalog numbers much like the SW issued ones above, but there were a small number released with line art of the included figures in Blue on the packet front, the line art packs are regarded as highly desirable & always command a huge premium, maybe one day eh!.

Wards/Aldens - 48-24511 Darth, Fett, IG88 ,Hoth trooper - 4 pack

PHOTO COURTESY OF PAT O'BRIEN

Wards - 48-24512 Han Hoth, Leia Bespin (crew neck), Lando Bespin, BSG (White) - 4 PACK

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Wards/Spiegel/Aldens - 48-24513 Luke Bespin, Yoda, R2, FX-7 - 4 Pack

Wards/Spiegel - 48-24514 Hoth Troopers X 2, Hoth Rebels X 2 - 4 Pack

PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY_RAYMOND

Penny - 928-0439 BSG (White), Lando Bespin, FX-7, Han Hoth, IG-88, Hoth Rebel, Luke Bespin (Blonde), Hoth Trooper, Yoda (Orange Snake),Leia Bespin (Crew Neck) - 10 Pack

There are alternate spellings of "Fatigues" on the ESB 9 and 10-packs, and also light blue and dark blue print variants.

The misspelling of "Fatigues" as "Fatiques" was corrected but both packs can be found with either spelling.
This makes 3 variations for the 10 pack alone: dark blue print with "Q" spelling, dark blue print with "G" spelling, and light blue print with "G" spelling.

INFORMATION ABOVE PROVIDED BY ANDY RAYMOND

Penny - 928-0454 Hoth Trooper, Chewie, Darth, IG-88 - 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Penny - 928-0488 BSG (White), FX-7, 3p0, R2 - 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Penny/Spiegel -928-0496 Luke (X-Wing),Leia Bespin (Crew Neck),Han Hoth, Lando Bespin, - 4 Pack

Sears - 49-59032 Ben (White Hair), 3p0, R2, Chewie, Stormtrooper, DSD, Death Squad Commander, Hammerhead, Luke (farmboy - Blonde), Leia (Organa), Luke (X-Wing), Greedo, Snaggletooth (Red), Walrus Man, R5 - 15 Pack - PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY_RAYMOND

Line art alternate packaging 15 figure pack same as the one above, but much harder to obtain & more costly - PHOTO COURTESY OF MARK YEO

Another 15 pack but this one's a QC sign off sample - PHOTO COURTESY OF THEGUILTYONE

Sears - 49-59035 Luke Bespin (Blonde), Leia Bespin (Crew Neck), Lando Bespin, BSG (White), Hoth Rebel, Han Hoth, FX-7, Hoth Trooper, IG-88 - 9 Pack, this one has also been issued uder another number 49-59035 from the same store just to confuse the issue. PLEASE NOTE THAT 2 OF THE BAGGIES SHOWN ARE INCORRECT FOR THE PACK (IG88 & HOTH TROOPER) SHOULD BE IN ESB-c BAGGIES

Sears - 49-59051 3p0, R2, Yoda (Orange Snake), Luke (X-Wing) - 4 Pack

Further image of the above pack, but a QC sign off sample - PHOTO COURTESY OF THEGUILTYONE

Spiegel 57-4870 - R2, 3p0, Han (Big Head), Chewie 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Sears/Spiegel - 49-59054 Bossk, Fett, Vader, IG-88 - 4 Pack - I have two photos available for this pack, each with differing catalogs, I would suspect that it is possible that it could have been found with either, but I suspect (speculation) that the black background ESB one is the more likely correct one for this pack.

PHOTO COURTESY OF PAT O'BRIEN

Sears - 49-59057 Hoth Trooper, Hoth Rebel, FX-7, Han Hoth - 4 Pack

Wards/Penny/Aldens 48-24545 Darth, Fett, Hoth, Troopers X 2. - 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Wards/Penny/Spiegel - 48-24546 Chewie, R2-D2, 3p0, Yoda - 4 pack. PHOTO COURTESY OF - BENJAMIN

Wars/Penny/Aldens 48-24547 Dengar Rebel Commander, At At Driver, Imperial Commander, 2-1b, Leia Hoth, Ugnaught, lobot. - 8 Pack

Wards 48-24548 Han Hoth, Yoda, Luke (X-Wing), Lando Bespin. 4 Pack - PHOTO COURTESY OF THEGUILTYONE

Sears/Wards 49-59176 Stormtrooper Hoth Rebel, Hoth Stormtrooper, Rebel Commander. 4 Pack

PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears 49-59179 Rebel Commander, Leia Hoth, Ugnaught, Lobot, 2-1b, Han bespin, At At Driver, Imperial Commander, Dengar. 9 Pack

Sears 49-59182 Darth Vader, Yoda, Chewie, Ben Kenobi, 3p0, R2, Luke, FX-7, Tusken Raider, Jawa, Hoth Stormtrooper, death Squad Commander, Greedo, Hammerhead. 14 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Penny - 929-4216 Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, Tusken Raider, Ben Kenobi, Greedo, Jawa, Walrus Man, Stormtrooper - 8 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Penny/Spiegel - 929-5056 Hoth Rebel, Han Hoth, Luke X-Wing, Lando Bespin. - 4 Pack

Photo Courtesy of ANDY RAYMOND

Spiegel - 57-4869 Hoth Rebel Commander, Hoth Rebel, Stormtrooper X 2 - 4 pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Wards/Penny/Spiegel - 48-62351 Vader, Fett, IG88, Stormtrooper - 4 pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Wards/Penny/Spiegel - 48-62352 Chewie, Han (first issue), Leia (organa), Luke (farm boy) - 4 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears Wish Book from 1982 depicting some of the MP figures offered that year, figured this would make a nice addition to this MP post, PHOTO COURTESY OF THE EVER HELPFUL - Andy Raymond

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:20 pm

ROTJ ISSUED MULTI PACKS

The most common of all the multipacks issued by the catalog distributors & still widely available for sale if you know where to look, some are readily available frequently, others are much tougher to track down.

They came with a huge verity of figures/figure combos with some figures making an appearance in several packs, with the toy line being so well established & its popularity huge, lots of these packs were produced, with a vast selection of figure in them with all 77 figures already being in production by the time these hit the catalogs.

They come with a large round red sticker depicting several charterers on it, including the very bright red cape bib fortuna pre production figure we are all accustomed to seeing, but never get the opportunity to own.

They came with a catalog folded over inside the box as the previous catalog multi packs did, just this time obliviously related to the ROTJ era & sporting its logo.
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 pm

ROTJ ISSUED MULTI PACKS

Wards – 48-62354 Luke Hoth/Zuckuss/At AT Commander/CCP/C-3p0/R2-D2/Tie Pilot/bespin Security guard -(Black) - 8 Pack

Spiegel – 57-6250 Luke Hoth/Lando calrissian/Ben/Leia Hoth/FX-7/Bossk/Darth Vader/Han Hoth/At At Driver/DSC/At At Commander - 12 pack

Wards/Penny/Spiegel – 48-62355 R2-D2/Yoda/Luke X Wing/Ben - 4 pack

Sears/Wards/Penny/Spiegel – 655-1659 Lando calrissian/Leia Bespin (turtleneck)/Lobot/Ugnaught – 4 pack Note the Lobot white arm variant (both arms white) & also note - this is the sole pack & sold baggie type the turtle neck Leia can be found in, also I think the only box to be plain on all side bar the side with the P.O.P - no code on it just plain white.

Penny – 655-1758 Luke Hoth/Tie pilot/Zuckuss/At At Commander/R2-D2 (sensorscope)/CCP/C-3p0 (R.L)/Bespin Security Guard (White) - 8 Pack

Sears – 49-59231 Luke Bespin/2-1B/FX-7/CCP/At At Driver/At At Commander/Tie pilot/Imperial Commander - 8 Pack

Sears – 49-59242 Luke Hoth/Han hoth/Yoda - 3 Pack

Sears – 49-59243 Rebel Commander/Hoth Rebel/Hoth Rebel - 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF - Andy Raymond additional pack shown (without catalog) has a weapons error, the Hoth Commander had no weapon in the baggie, but there was (odly) a loose one within the pack as shown

Sears – 49-59244 R2-D2/C-3p0/Chewbacca - 3 Pack

Sears - 49-59245 Darth Vader/stormtrooper/stormtrooper,- 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears - 49-59245 Darth Vader/Hoth Trooper/Hoth trooper,- 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

MAJOR HEADACHE & am totally confused now both the above packs are quite obviously different, in fact the only common denominator is the fact both come with darth vader & seem to oddly share the same Sears product code :? I have checked & cross checked the Kellerman guide & no mention of a second pack with the Hoth Stormtroopers is listed, so as of 27/9/15 you can regard this as another pack guys, really threw me out this has, as you can see they both share the same code, but one has an earlier issue ESB style white box, the other a ROTJ Red Sticker one - if anyone can clear this up & shed some light on this issue I would greatly appreciate your input.

Sears – 49-599246 Boba Fett/Stromtrooper/IG-88 - 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 49-59247 Dengar/Zuckuss/Bossk - 3 Pack

Wards – 48-62372 Biker Scout/Darth Vader/ERG - 3 Pack

Wards/Penny/Spiegel – 48-62687 General Maidine/Rebel Commando/Lando (Skiff)/Luke Jedi knight (know with blue & green saber)/Chief Chirpa/Logrey/Admiral Ackbar/Boussh - 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Same pack from my collection with Luke Jedi with the blue saber -

Wards/Penny/Spiegel – 48-62688 Gamorrean Guard/Ree Yee's/Bib/Biker Scout/ERG/Klaatu/Weequay/Squid head - 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears/Wards/Spiegel – 49-59181 ERG/Biker Scout/Ben/Nien Nunb/C-3p0/R2-D2/Tie Pilot/Yoda - 8 Pack - sadly only a photo of the box to date, if I find photo conformation of the baggie types I will include that info or photos if possible guys.

Penny – 655-3861 Dart Vader/Luke X Wing/Yoda/Boba Fett – 4 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Penny – 665-3879 Stormtrooper x 4 – 4 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Penny - 665-3887 Ben/R2-D2(Sensorscope)/Chewbacca/C-3p0 (R.L) – 4 Pack

Sears – 49-59035 Admiral Ackbar/General Madine/Rebel commando – 3 Pack - this catalog number is a repeat of one used for an earlier ESB Issued 9 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 49-59041 Gamorrean Guard/Squid Head/Bib Fortuna – 3 Pack 2 examples shown below with baggies they were issued with, just as an example that not all ROTJ issued packs came with the same baggie types

Sears/Spiegel – 49-59222 Lando Calrissian/Boussh/Luke jedi (available with both blue or green saber) – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears -49-59444 Klaatu/Ree Yee's/Weequay – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 49-59872 Chief Chirpa/Logrey/Chewbacca – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Penny/Spiegel – 655-6153 Chiief Chirpa/Lumat/Logrey/Wicket – 4 Pack

Penny – 655-6161 Leia Organa/Luke FarmBoy/Darth Vader/Han Solo (large head)

Penny – 655-6179 Chewbacca/IG-88/C-3p0/R2-D2 – 4 Pack

Penny – 655-6237 Emperor/Klaatu Skiff/Nikto/8D8/Rancor Keeper/At St Driver/ERG -7 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Penny -655-6245 B-Wing Pilot/Leia (Endor)/Wicket/Han (Trench)/PruneFace/Teebo/Papaloo – 7Pack worth noting the supposed ESB-h baggie for papaloo, which is a twin heat seal overstock baggie, which is correct (see single figure baggies for details)

Wards – 48-62381 Luke Jedi/Leia (Endor)/Lando (Skiff) – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 48-59010 Klaatu/Nikto/8D8 – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears/Wards – 49-59012 Wicket/Papaloo/Teebo – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 48-59014 Rancor Keeper/Prune Face/At St Driver – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Spiegel – 57-6287 C-3p0/Ben/Chewbacca/R2-D2/Han Hoth/Leia/Luke X Wing – 7 Pack

Sears/Wards/Spiegel – 49-59017 Darth Vader/Emperor/ERG – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears/Wards – 49-59021 C-3p0/Ben/Yoda/Chewbacca/R2-D2/Han Hoth/Leia/Luke X Wing – 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Sears – 49-59023 Gamorrean Guard/Squid Head/Imperial Commander/Boba Fett/Bike Scout/Hoth Trooper/Stormtrooper/At At Commander – 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Please note the below 3 x 3 packs do not sport the red ROTJ round sticker & were not included in the Kellerman matrix, but are mentioned in the book in another section & were offered exclusively in a Wards envelope stuffer & assumed to have been offered in credit card statements according to the Kellerman book

Wards – 48-62372 Darth Vader/Biker Scout/ERG – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF PAT O'BRIEN

Wards – 48-62373 General Madine/Admiral Ackbar/Boussh – 3 Pack I only have a sealed example of this pack, sorry no baggie pictures yet

Wards – 48-623374 Boba fett/Bib Fortuna/Squid Head – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF LIONEL sadly again just a sealed pack so no photos of the actual baggie types for you as yet.

Picture showing the promotional flyer advertising the above 3 great packs PHOTO COURTESY OF - Patrick O'Brien

Penny – 655-7128 Warok/Romba/Wicket/Logrey – 4 Pack – Never seen this pack & may never have been released

Penny – 655-7136 Luke (Poncho)/Han (Carbonite)/Luke (Stormtrooper)/Amanaman?Barada/EV-9D9/R2-D2 (pop up)/Imperial Gunner – No example of this pack has ever surfaced & It is unclear ifit was ever actullay issued, though unlikely
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Special Offer Items (vehicles & play sets)

A lot of these special offer items if not all were issued to catalog stores like Sears & Wards (US/Canada) so they could offer something that was not readily available through the larger high street retailers.

There is a huge point of contention with many of the special offers, being did they come with carded figures or baggies?,for the sake of completeness I will include some offers here where little to nothing is known about them

This is an area of baggies which is a little bit of a mystery for some of the released items, many of the Canadian issued items came with MOC's rather than baggies but I am not 100% sure which ones did come with baggies, from my understanding to date only these few Canadian issued SO items have turned up with baggies, but can not be confirmed as having come with them as no sealed examples have been found & opened :o to confirm this one way or the other & after so many years it is highly unlikely this will ever happen, so please do not regard everything in this section of the guide as set in stone, rather speculation & assumption, it may simply be a case that some had baggies substituted for the tough to find GDE 12/20 back MOC's, but it is also quite probable that these 3 came with baggies -

GDE Bi-Logo

These came with all sorts of special offer stickers as you can see below -

Death Star (cardboard) 2 x stormtrooper PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Millenium falcon with Han solo & Chewbacca PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Creature Cantina with Yoda photo courtesy of the Final Frontier Normally found with a 20 Back GDE Card, but I have heard of it being found with a baggie - sadly I can not confirm this :|

Sandcrawler with 2 Jawas (SW-a) photo courtesy of the Final Frontier more commonly found with 2 x GDE 20 back MOC's

Dewback with stormtrooper - confirmed with baggie rather than MOC, not saying that it was not also issued with a MOC at some point though, these GDE special offers are a bit of a minefield TBH

Land of the Jawas now confirmed to be with a Jawa baggie not a GDE MOC PHOTO COURTESY OF THE FINAL FRONTIER - may also have been available with a GDE 20 back but I can not confirm this to date

Land of the Jawas ultra rare with a yoda figure, though as it is the world's only known example, its likely we will never know if this came with a baggie or a GDE MOC PHOTO COURTESY OF THE FINAL FRONTIER

Kenner USA

The Kenner issued SO items came with large yellow stickers usually in one of the corners on the box fronts like the one at the top of the post, they sported photos of the figures that were included in vehicle/play sets & have become a very iconic & sought after item, many of them are hard to obtain with some of the mini rigs near impossible, due to very small numbers of them having survived & sadly I do not have images for 2 of them yet (Cap-2 & INT-4) - please do get in touch if you have photos available & they will be added.

X-Wing with Pin head han & Luke farmboy SW-a's -

Imperial Tie Fighter with Darth Vader & Stormtrooper SW-a's -

Landspeeder with R2-D2 & C-3p0 SW-a's -

ESB Action Display Stand - never actually issued, but salesman samples & toy fair mock ups have been discovered though extremely rare, the backing card & stand remained the same, presumably to be updated when released with an ESB scene, the only difference from the first issue one was the name tag stickers, but it was intended to be issued as a special offer item (presumably?) due to the inclusion of 6 baggied figure (Bossk/FX-7/Luke Bespin?Leia Bespin/Lando Calrissian & Hoth trooper), examples have been found with ESB-c baggies, but 2 sets surfaced with SW-a baggies, making these SW-a baggies some of the rarest & most desirable baggie know to exist (bar the Bossk which was issued in a single figure mail away & is quite common) - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Twin Pod Cloud Car - Bespin Security guard (White) ESB-c or D (presumed ESB-c)- PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set with Hoth trooper - no idea which baggie type was included - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Rebel Armored Snowspeeder - Hoth Rebel Soldier ESB-c

Darth Vader Collector's Case, bounty hunter pack including IG88/Bossk & Boba Fett & confirmed to be the sole way to find the very rare & highly desirable ESB-b baggies, though to Date I have only ever seen two of the 3 figures in this baggie type with IG88 never having to my understanding shown up & could in fact be in an ESB-e baggie (unconfirmed) PHOTO COURTESY OF MR KENNER

Close up of special offer -

& now 12/10/15 a fantastic conformation of the baggies & also a conformation they were now always as previously thought to be ESB-b's but also in some cases ESB-a's, this one as you can see shows both Fett & IG88 in ESB-b baggies, but the Bossk is an ESB-a bag, though Bossk has also been found several times in the very rare & pack specific ESB-b baggie, which confirms (finally) that all three of the figures can be found in this ESB-b baggie, but as said not in every case, good to put this one to rest at last, please also see IG88 ESB-b baggie in the single baggie section for further details. PHOTO COURTESY OF - Chris Fawcett

Darth Vader Collector's Case 2ND issue with Luke Bespin/Yoda & Darth Vader, I have to date not confirmed which baggie type came with this set, but it is presumed to have been either ESB-e or ESB-f but I think? its the ESB-e's - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Further photo of another example which shows it a little better but minus the protective bag -

MLC-3 - 2 versions 3 & 5 back Hoth Rebel Commando presumed ESB-c - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

MTV-7 - 2 versions 3 & 5 back, again presumed ESB-c but may have been ESB-a - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

PDT-8 - 3 back 2-1B either ESB-c or ESB-a - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

INT-4 - 5 BACK At At Commander presumed ESB-c PICTURE FROM THE KELLERMAN GUIDE

CAP-2 - 5 Back, Bossk Presumed ESB-c PICTURE FROM THE KELLERMAN GUIDE

Toltoys Australia/New Zealand

Usually found with a smaller yellow rectangular sticker without pictures of the figures like there Kenner counterparts - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

But have also cropped up with small red circle stickers & also huge yellow strip like the ones at the bottom

Landspeeder Luke Farmboy/R2-D2/C-3p0 - not confirmed which baggie, could even have been MOC's, but baggies are presumed to have been in this (speculation) PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Dewback - 2 x stormtroopers baggie type unknown PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Hoth Wampa - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

TaunTaun - Sadly the only example to have surfaced was just a cut section from a box front - so again no clue as to which figure was included let alone the baggie type, but it is logical to assume it was a hoth figure, maybe Han & another figure?? we will just have to keep guessing eh

TaunTaun Version 2 this one was offered in the Australian equivalent of the Sears wishbook (Waltones Greatest show on earth) & as you can see by the sticker it was Han Hoth included with this version of the special offer & it also still sports a Waltone sticker in the top right hand corner of the box front, I am assuming this was an earlier offer that the other one above as its a solid belly Tauntaun rather than the open belly version in the other offer.

Waltones Greatest show on earth toy catalog as mentioned above, this is the 1981 issue which shows the above special offer Tauntaun as well as some stunning 3 packs & the death star playset 8) PHOTOS COURTESY OF - Paul Naylor

Meccano France

Troop Transporter -new addition 24/3/15 just found out thanks to Matthieu Barthelemy via FB that an obscure baggie I picked up is in fact a legit baggie rather than an aftermarket botch, great news!, photos of the vehicle box & special offer sticker courtesy of Matthieu Barthelemy

Sadly the baggie is split & missing one stormtrooper.

Special offer Troop Transporter ESB issue, same Star Wars log box was used but the stormtroopers were replaced with Hoth troopers for the ESB release

Baggie for the above Troop Transporter

Same baggie as above but with a double weapons error - all 3 above images COURTESY OF Stéphane Faucourt

PALITOY

Land Of The Jawa's - at last a palitoy item to include, though not technically a special offer item as the jawa came as standard with the palitoy version of the play set, this one is rather special as it has the elusive Sw-a baggie for the Jawa, the general consensus is that either A - this was issued prior to palitoy getting there own baggie stock, or B - low stock levels, so this being a substitute, though I assume scenario A is more likely PHOTO COURTESY OF Andy Clarke

Close up of the baggie is in the Jawa section of the guide if you want a closer look.

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:15 pm

General Issue Vehicles & Playsets

As well as offering special offer items that included baggies Kenner/palitoy etc also offered sets that were widely available which included action figures as standard as a way to entice folks to buy items that may well not have sold as well had they not been offered due the the limited playability of some of them.

Palitoy Land of the Jawas - included a Palitoy-a or sometimes though rarely Sw-a PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Jabbas Dungeon playset 1st issue, 8D8/Nicto & Klaatu Skiff in ESB-c baggies PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Jabbas Dungeon playset 2nd issue, Barada,EV-9D9 & Amanaman in ESB-c's PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Cloud City playset, Lobot/Dengar/Han Bespin & Ugnaught ESB-d's PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Rebel Command Center (Adventure Set) At-At Commander & Luke Hoth in ESB-d with R2 sensorscope in ESB-c PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Sy Snootles & the Rebo Band, there is a tri logo & a Kenner version available with baggies, one version with Black vertical font Palitoy baggies, the much more common version having no text baggies PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Hoth Adventure POTF Line, Luke Hoth & Han Hoth usually in Palitoy-a's PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Endor Chase POTF line, 2 X Biker Scout/Wicket & Leia Poncho, have seen this set with various baggies types & can not confirm exactly which are correct, but are Palitoy baggies either Black Vertical or Blue Horizontal font. PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Ewok Combat Catapult POTF Line, has been found with all baggies & a mix of baggies & folded over MOC's included, not sure of baggie type, but assume Palitoy's PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Popys from Japan

Huge thanks to yogi for all the help with detailed photos for this section.

Released for the Japanese market, these great looking single figure packs came with 2 little leaflets & a baggie in them, the artwork on the boxes makes for a stunning display piece & are becoming hugely popular with at least 2 fett's knowing to have been sold in the last year for seemingly astronomical value for what is a box with a baggie in.

They are considered to have come with ESB-c baggies, but have also cropped up with ESB-d & there are also several know to also have come with SW-a baggies, sadly only 15 figures out of the line made it to the Japanese market to be released under the Popy brand, each came with a token on one of the bottom flaps for some kind or redeemable offer, these are more often than not missing & can drastically affect the value of them even though its not something that's visible when they are displayed (always the little things)

Catalog showing the figures available PHOTOS FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Counter top popy display sales box PHOTOS FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Box fronts PHOTO COURTESY OF YOGI

Box Rear PHOTO COURTESY OF YOGI

Side View PHOTO COURTESY OF YOGI

Displayed showing baggies PHOTO COURTESY OF YOGI

A very rare (only 2 confirmed examples) of a DSD Popy with Sw-a baggie, PHOTO COURTESY OF A FRIEND

List of figures with their known baggies that have been found to date

1. Boba Fett - ESB-a & the only figure in a popy to have come in this baggie type
2. Darth Vader - ESB-c & SW-a
3. R2-D2 - ESB-c
4. C-3p0 - ESB-c & very rarely SW-a
5. Luke Bespin - ESB-c
6. Han Hoth - ESB-c
7. Chewbacca - EDB-c
8. Luke Farmboy - ESB-c
9. Han Solo (fat head) ESB-c & SW-a
10. Hoth Stormtrooper ESB-c
11. DSD - ESB-c & very rare in SW-a
12. Hoth Rebel - ESB-c
13. Luke X-Wing - ESB-c
14. R5-D5 - ESB-c & SW-a
15. Stormtrooper ESB-c
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:10 am

Other Promotional Stuff from Around The World & End of toy line /dead stock items

During the life of the toy line, many baggies were offered in a variety of formats, some to reduce costs for the collector on a budget, some to promote other products for sale & some just to get rid of overstock, this is IMO one of the most interesting areas of baggie collecting & also some of the rarest baggie related items available or should I say unavailable, it would be killer to add some of these items to the collection in the coming years, sadly I know many are out of reach to us mere mortal collectors & the playground of the rich & famous.

Meccano red sticker baggies - not much I know about these TBH bar they were offered as a free "gift" for customers who bought a vehicle & were displayed in a counter top box (as shown below) over in france I believe in the ROTJ era as most of the figures that have been seen in them appear to be from the later issued ROTJ line, they came in a cardboard counter top filler box with catalogs, these are quite rare to say the least, some great info from Joe on these - thanks buddy!

Close up of the sticker -

Some photos of ones that have been found below -

Couple of promotional items up next, firstly the free figure offer from the glue manufactured UHU, all figures offered as far as I am aware to date were Ewoks & there were a few figures available, most came loose in the blister pack, but at least the Teebo has been found within the pack still sporting its Kenner baggie PHOTO COURTESY OF Stormtrooper37 -

UHU Stic

Additional photos courtesy of Robert Heron

Colgate Spanish offer-

Next up this has to be the rarest of the rare baggie items known to exist & from what I understand (to date) there is only the one example in existence which is owned by Steve Sansweet, oddly enough when speaking about this piece he admitted he has no recollection of how it came into his possession, it has a bagged Bib Fortuna in it, due to its rarity & no other known examples having surfaced it is unclear if all the figures available on the back of the pack were available through this Colgate offer over in Spain or if they were all in baggies or loose figures, though I have a hunch they would all have been bagged due to the weapons & accessories coming loose otherwise, I will try to contact him at some point to ask if he would be willing to share a photo of it for this guide, in the mean time you will have to sadly make do with this repro box flat photo of ones they gave out at the Spanish talk over at CE2which I was lucky enough to get one of, I hope to make this up & add a baggie to it in future, which I will post photos of if I ever manage to get round to it -

& Below what I think is Steve Sansweet's one, but can not confirm this.

Woolies 8 packs - Woolies 8 figure 99pence offer bags, these were overstock bought up by the Woolworths chain directly from Palitoy right at the end of the the toy line when production ceased & palitoy were looking to offload their remaining stock, it is not 100$ clear if they were bagged up in store by Woolworths but it is the most likely option with the large plain black & white offer sticker which is very similar to the 49p mini rig offer price tags & large vehicle 4.99 offer stickers, they usually come with a total jumble of figures, some with weapons & accessories, others with just figure, some with figures & incorrect weapons & accessories, some but few still turn up with individual baggies in them (palitoy issue baggies frequently Palitoy-i's) but have been found with many palitoy baggie types like the ones pictured below, some have even cropped up with every figure in a baggie, though I am highly sceptical about these after the Bill Rodgers scandal, he was known to have faked these so be very cautious if looking to buy one, he used overstock Palitoy-a baggies, so if there are baggies in the pack or all baggies in the pack & are Palitoy-a one, I would avoid them at all costs, an interesting side note is that this is the only known source of POTF figures in baggies bar the few know kenner examples & the Palitoy issue Jabba's dungeon set,all examples to date of these have been n Palitoy-i baggies with very wide tape.

Takara wind up R2-D2 Display Bin - PHOTOS COURTESY OF MARK YEO

Young Jedi Mailer offer [ QUOTE FROM SHAWN ] something sent out by Kenner direct to children to help renew interest in Star Wars when the line was starting to die [END QUOTE] I could not really have worded it any better, thanks Shawn, I am including the below link kindly sent over to me by Shawn of this write up on the young jedi offer by written by Tom Nieheisel which goes in to great detail about this offer I know little about myself -

http://swspaceclub.com/mailaways/mailer/

PHOTO OF CHEWBACCA COURTESY OF SHAWN K

PHOTO OF THE LANDO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Below is an example of a pre sale sample pack of the young jedi mailer which from what I gather are more commonly available that the standard production ones, though neither are what one would call easy to come by courtesy of Robert Heron

Super Group tear off strip - well I have been on the hunt for one of these for many many years, having first seen something similar when I first started collecting, like the woolies 99p 8 packs these are something I presume would have been out right towards the end of the toy line in an effort to get rid of remaining stock, its a simple cardboard hanging strip which would have had 10 baggies stapled to it, 5 on each side with a special price, initially 99p per figure, but later examples were further reduced to 49p to clear stock, from what I know they were available through the woolworths chain, but may well have also cropped up in other stores with the super group header not from what I understand being a brand specific to the chain, most I have seen have been just the Emperor figure in pality-i baggies, but some came with a mixture of ROTJ era figures, to date I have heard of a few other figures being offered on these strips including Rancor Keener/the ever popular Klaatu & lando Skiff, but I am assuming they would have at the time had quite a wide selection of other figures which had not sold well, I have also seen similar cardboard backing strips with 3 maybe 4 rows of figures on, again in baggies & stapled to them but without any kind of header to them,I am still not sure to this day what exactly the larger backers were for, if for onward sale in stores or for on the production line for carding, but I have seen enough examples turn up over the years to convince me of their authenticity, IMO a bit of a grail item for any baggie collector & one of the rarest things to find in baggie collecting, infinitely rarer than say the woolies 8 packs.

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Shipping Cases

An area not of huge interest to most but one I am truly fascinated by as they are so stupidly rare they have to be only available in palitoy VCJ numbers :lol:

Baggies & single figure mailers like most of the Star Wars toy line items were shipped overseas in cardboard outers, 99.9% of these were discarded & destroyed after the shops/factory removed the toys within, there are many size & shape variations to them (no not round ones) as well as a variation in numbers of figures/mailers included in the cases, many came with 200 figures like the Luke jedi (green saber) one & the know C-3p0 Removable Limb's type, but there is word of 500 figure overstock baggie shipping cases, Kenner Darth Vader no text baggies to be precise, some of the single figure mailers like the Palitoy Emperor one only had 144 mailers in it, odd number though :? & further to that odd number point, a little tit bit of odd information I deem worthy of inclusion - I managed to obtain some sealed palitoy emperor mailers as I had intended to try & make the shipping case fill, to my dismay when I tried to fill it just the other day, I found that the others I just got are in fact 2mm wise than the ones I already had, so they will not bloody fit in the shipper as it was a very tight squeeze with the ones it came with (huge bummer), but this brings up the question - were there other size shipping cases for these mailers, either slightly large boxes to still sport 144 mailers, or maybe even larger outers with say 200 count in them, maybe smaller with 100, I guess this is a mute point as I can't see more turning up, but if you hear of one, please do LMK so the info can be added to the guide.

Kenner Jabba the hutt, technically a baggie as well even though not a sealed one, came in one with just 24 pieces obviously due to his waistline :lol: presumably the rest of the playset & parts came in separate shipping cases?

It is rumoured that some of the more readily available baggies came in these shipping cases like the At-St driver & B-Wing pilot & the ever present jabba's Pipe & bowl set/Salacious Crumb's EDIT 32/9/15 Pipe & Bowl shipper located please see below, but it's just speculation to date as I have not been able to find any hard evidence to confirm nor disprove this theory.

Jabba the Hutt 24 piece case, most readily available baggie shipping case known to my understanding, I have seen several of them including full ones -

Kenner Luke Jedi 200 figure case, only known example to date, baggie type ROTJ-h

C-3p0 Removeable Limbs Baggie Shipping case - (ROTJ-c) 200 count, one of if not the most easy baggie to find as numerous examples of this shipping case have turned up, think I must have the worst one out there as its beat to hell, but I have one & am thankful I do, interestingly this one has a airline shipping sticker on it.

Palitoy Emperor single figure mailer shipping case 144 count with plain white box & no flyer for the figures like its Kenner counterpart, but the white box outer is the exact same dimensions as the Kenner one, palitoy single figure mailers as I have said earlier in the guide are a bit of a missing link, until I was lucky enough to almost accidentally stumble across this shipping case, I had been chasing the seemingly non existent mythical palitoy version for several years, never having seen one, its Kenner counterpart ( the individual mailers that is) crop up week in week out on ebay, though I have never once seen a shipping case available for them.

Jabba the Hutt, pipe/bowl & slave Leia restraints sets Shipping case (100 count) oddly these came with no printed markings on the boc outer like other shippers, just a hand written description, which leads me to wonder if they were shipped several boxes at a time in a larger box outer, which may have been printed with codes etc on, though I have never heard of one PHOTO OF SEALED CASE COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

Palitoy Nien Numb single figure mailer shipping case - same as the emperor one above, but 200 count & again with plain white overstock boxes
Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Early Bird 4 Packs

Huge thanks to Mark Yeo for his contributions in this section.

I don't think this set needs much in way of introduction, as most will know this was the first way kids could get their hands on the toys from the films, being a mail away promotion of the 4 four available figure, which came with stands (pegs) & various paperwork shown below, there were a great many variations within these packs including baggie types (SW-a white text large font & small font & no no font/SW-b/SW-c/SW-d) & two catalog types.

Non Dt Set Large catalog Photo courtesy of Mark Yeo

DT Set Small Catalog - Photo courtesy of Mark Yeo

Transition set with luke DT in the much rarer SW-c baggie, this one is with a large catalog - Photo courtesy of Mark Yeo -

A EB set sporting all SW-a baggies - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

DT SET with Luke in palitoy-k baggie, so another variation with this Set, I wonder if this is the one folks have been classing as SW-b? PHOTO COURTESY OF ALEX PARDI comes with small catalog, baggie types - Chewi in SW-b /Leia in Palitoy-k /Luke in Palitoy-k (DT) / R2 in SW-a

Last edited by Frunkstar on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”