Comprehensive Guide to Baggies

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Firstly may I request that NO discussion takes place on this thread as it is intended to be solely a guide & for everyone's help, this can only be achieved if it is easy to navigate, so your cooperation would be appreciated.

For discussion regarding the items on this thread & any help in construction of the guide please may I ask that you post in the thread linked below thank you -

Or do please feel free to Private Message me on here.

I aim with a lot of help to in time create a comprehensive guide to all baggie related items which will include all baggies not just Kenner (U.S) issued ones like the former SWCA guide -

Baggies were available in many ways, primarily in America in the form of store mail order multipacks like the one below, which spanned the entire film era from SW to ROTJ & were available from US stores like J.C Penny & Sears ETC -

IMGP2993_zps2f53b631.jpg

I will go in to detail about these further on in the guide after I have covered the individual figure/baggies & single figure mailers, so the guide will cover in this order (please see list below), please bear with me as said it is a work in progress & will be added to as & when I can & as & when the information becomes available -

1. First individual baggie
2. Single figure mailers
3. Multi-packs
4. Special offer items Kenner US/Canada & Toltoys Australia
5. almost forgot! - popy's :p
6. fakes & what to look out for

They were also packaged together with ships & play-sets toward the end of the toy line when sales had dropped off & many companies like Kenne/Palitoy/Toltoys etc were wanting to try to sell off all their remaining overstock.

This will be a very long road to travel but one I feel really is needed if we are ever to overcome the stigma of the "Billy Boy Scam Monkey Rodgers" incident, a man who has sadly single handed brought any non US issued baggies into disrepute, not idea why TBH though as from all the reading I have done to date he only did fakes in 1 baggie type (Palitoy-a - see below link) & also the Woolworths 8 figure 99p special buys multipacks, but 90% of baggies collectors seem to feel that if it ain't US issued it ain't worth collecting & is most likely FAKE, this is one of the major hurdles this guide is going to face I am sure.

The Revised Kenner baggie Guide - PENDING CONSTRUCTION

Basic rough guide that I did to None US issued baggies that is still a work in progress -

There are a great many baggies circulating that are not covered by any form of guide to date & it is these I hope to shed a little more light on, there are also a great many fakes floating about, another point I will be going in to at length in hopes to save others from falling foul of some of the expense & disappointment/frustration I have had when first getting in to collecting baggies.

Remember baggies are one of the easiest items to fake for the untrained eye, so ALWAYS be on your guard when buying a baggie type you are not familiar with or a figure that has not to date been found in that baggie type, if there is a market that is profitable, there will always be those unscrupulous sellers willing to cash in on it for a quick buck.

This is intended to be an "open ended project" that I & with luck YOU will be helping to make into a definitive reference over time.

Here are a few IMO useful links to start the thread in the right direction, if anyone who had made any of the below threads/guides has any objections to them being linked to, please inform me via PM & they will be removed.

Facebook Baggie group for discussion - buying/selling & trading

Shawn k's mailer guide -

Andy_R's Catalog Multipack collection -

SWCA Special offer guide -

SWCA Multi Pack Guide, sadly not many of the packs are show with the baggies -

Couple more threads I have done that may prove useful -

& another new one if you want to hurt your head regards font variations added 9/7/16 -

There is a tonne of information I will keep adding to this first post, so do keep checking back on the first page.

AFA have kindly covered photobucket hositing fees for the foreseeable future so we will no longer be having issues with blurred images & hosting problems, big thanks to AFA for doing this - luckily we have now managed to move all images to forum servers, so no more need of photo"con"bucket woo hu.

Also great news that they are now using all the extended & amended new classifications on this guide / the non kenner guide & the revised kenner guide for correct baggie classifications on their grade labels going forward, think that is great news all round.

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
2-1B

IMGP0126_zpsmi4foq9e.jpg

Pali
toy-a

IMGP9881_zpsi6vwous0.jpg

Pali
toy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF Laurence Dyer

sdc12846_zps13c78d0a.jpg

ESB-f - Photo courtesy of AJ

IMGP6607_zpsab9af7b5.jpg

IMGP6608_zpsfb3e5e6c.jpg

ESB-f - Metallic Paint variant

IMGP6955.jpg

ESB-c

So far I have only ever seen the plain finish figure in a baggie, never the metallic version EDIT: -Found one see above :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
4-Lom

IMGP3930_zps50b24555.jpg

Palitoy-b / Toltoys - Found in Toltoys single figure mailers

IMGP8374.jpg

ESB-d - Found in single figure Kenner mailers

IMGP7306.jpg

ROTJ-c EDIT: (from heat sealed to tape as it should be) - If legitimate I assume would have come in a multi-pack, I am however not convinced this is legitimate & it is one of only a couple of baggies I have that is "in question" the seals are correct by the looks of it for a vintage baggie, though no CONFIRMED example has been found to date, EDIT: - now confirmed legit as has been confirmed to be found in multi packs as suspected, I bought this when I first started collecting baggies in 2006

image1%201_zpsdnekntsl.jpg

(suspected) Kenner 500 figure shipping case overstock baggie - PHOTO COURTESY OF Snaggletooth

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
8D8

Dedicated to Joe

SAM_8825_zpslfgduzjc.jpg

Palitoy-i (open bag) PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe Under normal circumstances I do NOT include open baggies in the guide, BUT due to the fact that these Palitoy-i's have been encountered on numerous occasions in this fashion, both on their own with mint figures & accessories as well as no tape residue on the baggies whatsoever & also in sealed woolies 8 packs, I have to assume that they were found both open & in tape sealed formats.

IMGP8587.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP0058.jpg

Euro-a

IMGP0112_zps8wdlajha.jpg

Euro-a - same as above, but with the inclusion of the Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

IMGP6209.jpg

UNCONFIRMED baggie knotted baggie, there were several of these available around 2006/7 time & I took a chance on them after seeing so many of the same figure/baggie combo, they are in a Palitoy-i baggie, but are knotted rather than tape sealed, I can only assume that either

A - they are fake
B - & IMO simply a case of the factory being out of tape on a day & going ahead with the run & knotting them as not to hold up the production line.

I know - I know, a lot will simply scratch these off as not legitimate baggies, but bear in mind the fact that back when these were being made they were never considered to be collectible or likely to be staying in the baggies, so may well be just a production glitch, I am NOT endorsing these as legitimate in ANY way, only stating my opinion, but consider this - if indeed a fake - why bother??, not an expensive figure baggie combo in the first place & where would they have found the cardboard parts for the legs?, it would make little sense to fake this one IMHO.

EDIT 21/9/15 - due to new information, the find of non sealed Palitoy-i baggies from kevin B, I looked back at this baggie again closely & IMO I think this is indeed a Palitoy-i baggie which has been knotted shut, so assuming many of the Palitoy-i's came unsealed, this would add weight to the argument that this is indeed an authentic baggie :)

There are the circle on hip variations out there if you wanted to go for completeness, I however decided not to go down that route, but have seen circle on both hips/circle on left hip & no circles variations.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Admiral Ackbar

IMGP6140.jpg

Palitoy-b

IMGP7691.jpg

ESB-c as found in single figure Kenner Mailer

ESB-d AA Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-d - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ESB-h Brett J Meyer.jpg

ESB-h Photo Courtesy of Brett Meyer

IMGP8413_zps8313bacf_1.jpg

ROTJ-a

IMGP8369.jpg

ROTJ-c

IMGP9908_zpstxzio7sw.jpg

ROTJ-h - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer & to date the only confirmed example as Kenner never used this baggie in multi-packs or special offers, this came in the 3p0 case find from palitoy

OTHER KNOWN BAGGIES FOR THIS FIGURE - NO PHOTO AVAILABLE AS YET - Palitoy-n

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Amanaman

Often thought to only be found in one baggie type this fellow.

IMGP8955.jpg

Palitoy-b -?? EDIT: - not sure of the origins of this one TBH, but see the EV-9D9 in the same baggie, possible woolies 8 pack refugee?, as from what I now understand the jabba's dungeon was a sears exclusive?

IMGP8590.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP2041.jpg

Not as thought previously POTF-a - EDIT - Amended - to POTF-b - reasoning - The EV-9D9 is tape sealed, its only just hit me that (like ESB-c/d for instance) its the same baggie but one is tape sealed (EV-9D9) & Amanaman is Heat sealed, a miniature revelation & also a new classification for a baggie not covered by the old SWCA guide,although shown on it :) EDIT 13/6/16 see below other know baggies -

OTHER KNOWN BAGGIES FOR THIS FIGURE - NO PHOTO AVAILABLE AS YET - POTF-a

Frunkstar

Grand Master
At-At Driver

IMGP9880_zpsam9o7ihu.jpg

Palitoy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP1610_zpsgepeokd0.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

ESB-cAT-ATDriver.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP7671.jpg

ESB-d

IMGP7204.jpg

ESB-h (Weapons Error) packed with a Luke Hoth Rifle

IMGP7201.jpg

ESB-h (Orange Logos)

IMGP7198.jpg

ESB-h (Red Logos)

Both the Orange & the Red logo baggies above in ESB-h came from the same warehouse overstock find in Canada, I know the argument on actual variation vs Discoloration rages on, but IMO this is another little bit in the puzzle & for me I regard it a true variation - make up your own minds as I am not getting involved in that one! :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
At-St Driver

ROTJ-c At St Driver Andrew Neo.jpg

ROTJ-c Assumed to have been found in Bulk 200 figure shipping cases due to the sheer number of these out there, but not confirmed - EDIT - NOW CONFIRMED see baggies shippers section! - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP0279.jpg

ROTJ-h

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
B-Wing Pilot - This ones for you Tim!

IMGP6135.jpg

Palitoy-a

IMGP9878_zpsxqjsvmyi.jpg

Palitoy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP0099_zpsrzlnv0mn.jpg

Euro-j - Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

IMGP0985.jpg

ESB-i full Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-i (EX - ESB-h Extra wide) - Note the pistol is in tape, this is normal, both versions shown here (bleed off trimmed & bleed off complete) Complete version Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP0162.jpg

ROTJ-c - Found in a ROTJ Multi-Pack

ROTJ-f B-Wing Pilot Andrew Neo.jpg

ROTJ-f - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7670.jpg

ROTJ-i - which is often overlooked as an ESB-f

IMGP8423_zpse72af1b6.jpg

Kenner internal baggie V2

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Ben Obi Wan

ben_cr10_zps0be114d9.jpg

Palitoy-a PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

ben_so10_zpsd9ea6d1c.jpg

Palitoy-I PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

IMGP6370.jpg

Palitoy-p

IMGP9884_zps4djlyjqp.jpg

Palitoy-k PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP7459_zps34faecb1.jpg

SW-a - Small font

SW-b Ben Andrew Neo.jpg

SW-b (White Hair)

SW-d - IMAGE NEEDED

BENBAGGIEGaryBorbidge_zps2d8e5d8f.jpg

SW-f - Photo courtesy of Gary Borbidge

ESB-a 1st issue Grey Edd.JPG

ESB-a - 1st issue (grey hair version) - Photo Courtesy of Edd Grant

ESB-a 1st issue White Hair Andrew N.jpg

ESB-a 1st issue (white hair version) Found in the rare 15 figure Multi-Pack

IMGP1457.jpg

ESB-h - Note the thin tip Palitoy issued saber tip

ESB-c Ben Andrew N.jpg

ESB-c (white Hair) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ROTJ-c Ben Andrew Neo.png

ROTJ-c Grey Hair

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bespin Security Guard (BLACK)

ESB-c BBSC Andrew Neo.jpg

BBSC SWCA error.png

ESB-c, only just adding this now 12.12.21 - it would seem there is also an ESB-c version & I suspect this is likely where the confused Cat IV rarity classification on the SWCA baggie guide came from as this one is a dam site tougher to find than it's ESB-d counterpart below which has been found in huge numbers (screenshot above)

IMGP6941.jpg

ESB-d - Said to be a Cat IV but IMO is not a Rare baggie at all, but I presume a large cache of these has been found since the SWCA baggie guide was written??, see new info regarding that last statement on the newly added ESB-c version above.

IMGP6615_zpsc2aefb90.jpg

ESB-h - You could class this one as Cat IV or even V IMO, first one I have ever seen & likely not correct sadly, consider this as a maybe at best & possibly fake =( CONFIRMED FAKE & opened / figure removed (from the usual suspect) after tracing it back

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bespin Security Guard (WHITE)

IMGP0127_zpsaj0lnwhf.jpg

Palitoy-a

IMGP9900_zpssjqirteb.jpg

Palitoy-b - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP2258.jpg

ESB-c Said to be a Cat III on the SWCA guide, but IMO MUCH harder to obtain than the supposed Cat IV BBSG above, I also have always found it very odd that this is the sole Kenner issued baggie type that this figure has been found in.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bib Fortuna

IMGP8934.jpg

Euro-a

IMGP9395.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

IMGP0178.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-h_Bib.jpg

ESB-h

IMGP6175.jpg

Possible ESB-h/Euro baggie - UNCONFIRMED I got this one a long time ago & the "bleed off" from the seal is missing, the bag is soft feel like Euro/Meccano type baggies, but I have no more to go on than this, I am unsure as to its authenticity, but both seals are mint & look correct & the figure is mint, shame I can not see the inside of the cape or the coo - take this one with a pinch of salt!

IMGP3849_zps82dd964b.jpg

ROTJ-a

IMGP9906_zpsaftfipbz.jpg

ROTJ-h - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer & the only known confirmed example, again 1 of the 4 ROTJ-h baggies found in the palitoy case find, never intended for onward sale

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Boba Fett :p

IMGP8405_zps5a2a3fb8-1.jpg

Palitoy-b Crisp bag

IMGP9226.jpg

Palitoy-o - Nearly always mistaken for a kenner issued SW-d, please see this thread for details - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13576

SW-f Chris Edlleman.jpg

Palitoy-k - Courtesy of Chris Edlleman

IMGP8870.jpg

Palitoy-a Tri Logo fett with Blue not blue/black blaster & to date the only known example of a tri-logo palitoy fett in a Palitoy baggie, EDIT:

IMGP2018-1.jpg

Palitoy-h - soft heat sealed, this one came to me directly from an ex palitoy worker

IMGP0098_zpsa972bfnw.jpg

Euro-f / Meccano, please note this is a no text baggie type & not all red sticker baggies are Euro-f's, no fett Euro-f baggies have been confirmed to date without the red stickers, these came stapled, please see the "non kenner guide for details"

IMGP6603_zps18fcd0f2.jpg

SW-b, note this is the correct font for a SW-b Kenner issued Fett baggie, not the same as the one shown in the group shot on the SWCA Baggis guide, which IMO is a SW-f baggie

IMGP1746.jpg

SW-d - Large Font

IMAGE NEEDED

SW-d Small font V1

IMAGE NEEDED

SW-d Small font V2

SW-f.png

SW-f Photo

ESB-a Fett Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-a 1st issue - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP6602_zps20d5127d.jpg

ESB-a (2nd issue) I am actually not 100% convinced this is the 2nd issue or just a really minty 1st issue, will be double checking asap.

IMGP9227.jpg

ESB-b - Exclusive to the Special offer Darth Vader carry case (Bounty hunter Edition)

ESB-h Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-h Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ROTJ-a Chris E.jpg

ROTJ-a Photo Courtesy of Chris Edlleman

Andrew_Fett.jpg

ROTJ-j one I almost sold a while back as I thought it was a SW-b, but when Scott (snaggletooth) popped in on me he noticed the font is actually a different type to the SW-b, which is really hard to make out as a lot of the print had worn off (photo since updated to a better one), but on super close inspection it is indeed a ROTJ-j type, which until now has never been documented before from my understanding, the heat seals are correct for the ROTJ-j baggie, so a very exciting find & one I almost let slip through my fingers, big up to Scott for saving my bacon & my fett baggie.

Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bossk

AW-a Bossk Andrew Neo.jpg

SW-a - Small font - available in the ESB mail away offer & ESB 12 figure toy fair mock up stand

IMGP2256.jpg

ESB-a

bossk%20baggie_zpsndzczst6.jpg

ESB-b - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

IMGP5738_zpsa19638ab.jpg

ESB-c

photo6_zps006e387a.jpg

Kenner Internal PHOTO COURTESY OF Gary Borbidge

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
C-3p0 (Fixed limb first issue) dedicated to Vince

IMGP5723_zpsd1411f93.jpg

SW-a - Small font - regard this as a super tough one to come by as it was only ever found in the special offer Landspeeder

IMGP1749.jpg

SW-b

IMGP2996_zpse3600d24.jpg

SW-d - Small font

SW-d Large Font Andrew N.jpg

SW-d Large Font Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7164_zpse85d2119.jpg

SW-f

ESB-a 3p0 1st Andrew N.jpg

ESB-a 1st issue - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7715.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP7447.jpg

ESB-h

photo4_zpsc4b753d8.jpg

Kenner Internal PHOTO COURTESY OF Gary Borbidge

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom