Information on variations, weapons, cleaning and repair etc
plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: **COO VARIANTS** by Plantainman

Postby plantainman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:39 am

**Post grab for first post page 6 to edit later**
note to self : New Han Bespin group shot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by plantainman on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:55 am

The Dengar guide has had a massive update, visit it here...
>
DENGAR GUIDE
Or you can visit the links in the post above to navigate through the whole thread.

Cheers
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:43 am

Just a quick note to say thank you for the work you are putting into these guides, logging the variants, let alone the difficulty of photographing the COOs should be applauded! 8)
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

plantainman wrote:*
>
DENGAR GUIDE
Or you can visit the links in the post above to navigate through the whole thread.

Cheers

is the lemon face a cause of paint degradation or genuine variant in your opinion. dengar is my guilty pleasure. im on the hunt for pbp pink face on the cheap very htf.....sigh

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:58 am

poncho wrote:
plantainman wrote:*
>
DENGAR GUIDE

Cheers

is the lemon face a cause of paint degradation or genuine variant in your opinion. dengar is my guilty pleasure. im on the hunt for pbp pink face on the cheap very htf.....sigh

No, I believe the Lemon face left the factory with its lighter tone when compared to others.

And, Yes, I've been looking for a PBP pink face for about 6 years now. It sits atop my 'Need' list and has done for ages, really frustrating, but nothing is given in this game, I believe you have to earn your variants and enjoy hunting them in the meantime :D

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:07 am

SAVORY100 wrote:Just a quick note to say thank you for the work you are putting into these guides, logging the variants, let alone the difficulty of photographing the COOs should be applauded! 8)

Thanks Steve, Much appreciated. As you've guessed, its quite time consuming process hence why the updates are slow and infrequent. I started the thread 3 and a half years ago, and we're only 12 figures deep lol

As a Coo variant collector though, Its how I get my kicks, And I'm quite keen to share with people the main variants for as many figures as possible, because, sometimes one just isn't enough :P

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:00 am

Nice work neil, I will take a better look at it, when I have some more time after christmas :wink:

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Last day of 2016, and 12 different figures and their variants explored, Seems like a good point for a photo update of what has been covered thus far in this thread. Click on the links at the bottom to discover more in depth the CoO variants of your figure of choice...

----------------------

Links :

WALRUS MAN GUIDE|RED SNAGGLETOOTH GUIDE|HAMMERHEAD GUIDE|GREEDO GUIDE*|

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE*|HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE|OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE|DARTH VADER GUIDE*|

BOBA FETT GUIDE|DENGAR GUIDE|IG-88 GUIDE|4-LOM GUIDE|

LUKE X-WING GUIDE*|IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE*|AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE|AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE|

LUKE HOTH GUIDE|REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE|LEIA HOTH GUIDE|HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE*|

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE|NIEN NUNB GUIDE|BIKER SCOUT GUIDE*|REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE*|

* coming soon

Any discussion is welcomed :mrgreen:
Last edited by plantainman on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hellhippie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby hellhippie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:53 am

beautiful last post of 2016 !!! especially for us variant collectors :D :D :mrgreen:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm

great work, I love the update :D

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Obi Wan Kenobi No Coo Variants

• There are not any No Coo variants of Obi Wan Kenobi Family I, Only MIHK, So we'll focus only on families II & III.......

• You will have to excuse the tipless sabers on most of the displayed Kenobi variants below (only the LL/PBP II2a is complete with LL cape & intact LL saber), It is a product of many factors, which I won't go into, But suffice to say, We all know what a Kenner Kenobi saber looks like complete, and anyone that doesn't, Please visit the Imperial Gunnery website to see all the saber variants for yourself. This is a thread which mainly focus' towards the Coo's...

That said, Here's the guide.....

Coo guide...
Left to right,
Family II 2a, Family II 2b, Family III 2a & Family III 2b

Family II figures...
Left to right,
Family II 2a Kenner, Family II 2a Lili Ledy/PBP, Family II 2b Kenner & Family II 2b Lili Ledy/PBP

All of the family II No Coo figures come with Grey hair. The Ledy variants of II2a/2b have much darker grey hair to that of their Kenner cousins, illustrated below, whereby the darker hair LL figures are positioned at 3 & 9 O'clock positions......
Please also draw attention to the eye colour and eyebrows, Where the Ledy figures have a browner tone to the eye application, and they also have bushier eyebrows than their Kenner cousins...
The LL figures have a unique cape and saber too compared to their Kenner cousins. The LL sabers have a very thick tip, normally with a stress mark where it meets the thicker shaft of the saber. The cape is of a lighter tone, it is also the shortest cut of all Kenobi capes, and does not have a cross-hatching or zip sound on either side of the cape.

Family II face features...
Clockwise from top,
Family II 2a Kenner, Family II 2a Lili Ledy/PBP, Family II 2b Kenner & Family II 2b Lili Ledy/PBP

Common opinion is that the LL and PBP Kenobi is the same figure, given they both have the thicker tip stress marked saber etc, But there are definitely different paint applications to be found, suggesting perhaps a small difference between the figures production, Look at the eyes on the two figures below....

Family II LL/PBP figures...
Left to right,
Family II 2a Lili Ledy/PBP & Family II 2b Lili Ledy/PBP

Family III figures...
Left to right,
Family III 2a Kenner (White), Family III 2a Kenner (Grey), Family III 2b Kenner (White) & Family III 2b Kenner (Grey)

When we get back into family III, We see the re-emergence of the 'white hair' variant of this figure that previously had only appeared in family I (not seen in this thread as that family is only MIHK). Both III2a & III2b can be found in both white & grey hair.....

Clockwise from top,
Family III 2a Kenner (White), Family III 2a Kenner (Grey), Family III 2b Kenner (White) & Family III 2b Kenner (Grey)

So here are all eight No Coo Obi Wan Kenobi variants....
Left to right,
Family II 2a Kenner, Family II 2a Lili Ledy/PBP, Family II 2b Kenner, Family II 2b Lili Ledy/PBP, Family III 2a Kenner (White), Family III 2a Kenner (Grey), Family III 2b Kenner (White) & Family III 2b Kenner (Grey)

Peace

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links :

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE*|HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE|OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE|DARTH VADER GUIDE*|

LUKE X-WING GUIDE*|IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE*|AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE|AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE|

LUKE HOTH GUIDE|REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE|LEIA HOTH GUIDE|HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE|

* coming soon

Last edited by plantainman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Admiral Ackbar Variants

• We'll be ignoring the Kenner & Ledy HK Coo Variants for they are much of a muchness (The LL Ackbar carries the HK Coo and unlike most other Ledy produced variants, is very very close in look & style to the Kenner version).

• We will be concentrating on the two No Coo figures, Euro [smooth scar] & Meccano [rough scar], As well as the Taiwan colour variants.

That said, Here's the guide.....

Coo guide...
Left to right,
Euro [smooth scar], Meccano [rough scar] & Taiwan

From the front it is very difficult to distinguish between the two No Coo figures (and also the regular HK figure for that matter) as they look very similar.....

No Coo figures...
Left to right,
Euro [smooth scar] & Meccano [rough scar]

As well as a different scar, there are minor differences too, like for example see below, the injection point upon the heads from moulding...

No Coo figures mould injection point differences...
Left to right,
Euro [smooth scar] & Meccano [rough scar]

it is so so difficult to photograph these figures No Coo markings clearly, But suffice to say when you have both in hand, the different erased Coos are very obviously different. The Euro figure has a more 'raised' 'smooth' deleted coo, Like other Euro figures like Lando and 4-lom for example. The Meccano figure has a 'shallower' 'scratchy' 'rough' deleted coo, which is more obviously a 'scar', or a depression if you will.

The Euro figure is relatively common, About 9/10 No Coo Ackbars found would be the Euro variant, With the Meccano Ackbar a much more difficult variant to track down.

No Coo figures scar coo & side by side...
Left Euro [smooth scar] & Right Meccano [rough scar]

Although very different figures in their Coo marking, The No Coo Ackbars look is very similar to each other, which would be somewhat boring if all the Ackbars produced were the same, However, There came the Taiwan Ackbars........

The Taiwan Ackbars may carry near enough the same coo to each other, but there was a much broader colour palette used when decorating these guys! Colour tones can vary dramatically, But I would identify the main 6 tones as Vanilla, Peach, Avocado, Dark Olive, Light Olive & Grey...

Of these, the Grey is probably the hardest to track down, whilst the three most common would be the two olive tones and the Vanilla.

Taiwan Coo figures...
Left to right,
Vanilla, Peach, Avocado, Dark Olive, Light Olive & Grey

So here are the eight Admiral Ackbar variants we've covered....
Left to right,
Euro [smooth scar], Meccano [rough scar], Taiwan : Vanilla, Peach, Avocado, Dark Olive, Light Olive & Grey

Discussion welcomed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Links :

LUKE HOTH GUIDE|REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE|LEIA HOTH GUIDE|HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE|

* coming soon

Last edited by plantainman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks Neil, stella work as always, the Meccano Akbar is a near impossible to identify from the Euro when not in hand, but your photo of the EMP marks on the top of the head is very informative. Thanks again :)

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 am

Tarkin's nosehair wrote:Thanks Neil, stella work as always, the Meccano Akbar is a near impossible to identify from the Euro when not in hand, but your photo of the EMP marks on the top of the head is very informative. Thanks again :)

Thank you.

Yes, All the Meccano Ackbars I have had through my hands have had that kind of mark on the top of the head; Where it appears there are less stress marks, So possibly something of note. Of course, when you have them both in hand, its very easy to see which is which by comparing the erased Coos. I find the description the Coos is often more informative than the photo's.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Oh my days, I only thought that there were two tunic colours, that grey and dark olive though are particularly new to me... time to go hunting... again!
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”