Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: *** PLANTAINMAN'S COO VARIANTS ***

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:31 pm

plantainman wrote:
walkie wrote:Nice work Neil :D

Cheers Stef. Wish I had your photography tekkers :D

Pomse2001 wrote:Hi again Neil, I have been looking at mine and I think I have 2 or 3 that you are missing of those Solo coo variants.

Cool, Great, maybe you could post some clear pics to the thread? Always interested in seeing other mould variations etc

No problem mate, I post some picture soon. Have you found some more Red Snaggletooths ?

.Q.
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby .Q. » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:44 am

This thread is awesome, any excuse to dig through my figs and see what's what. :wink:

I have a 3 Snags, one is #3 from your reference, although mine has painted cuffs. The other 2 are both #7, came in a childhood collection I bought and feel fortunate to have found the dark skin/ sloppy chops version by pure chance! :D

Have also added dark and light skin Wallies to my wish list, nice to have new targets for my bargain hunting.

Brilliant work on show, very much looking forward to seeing more! :)

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
No problem mate, I post some picture soon. Have you found some more Red Snaggletooths ?

Cool, make sure the pictures you post are a sensible size and don't distort the page setup. Anything the same size or smaller than the last red snag one you posted will be great.

No, sadly I have not bought anymore red snags. In fact I haven't bought anything in about 6 weeks. I still search in particular for your HK version and COO#6 in deep crimson red amongst also a couple of cuff versions. No rush :D

.Q. wrote:This thread is awesome, any excuse to dig through my figs and see what's what. :wink:

I have a 3 Snags, one is #3 from your reference, although mine has painted cuffs. The other 2 are both #7, came in a childhood collection I bought and feel fortunate to have found the dark skin/ sloppy chops version by pure chance! :D

Have also added dark and light skin Wallies to my wish list, nice to have new targets for my bargain hunting.

Brilliant work on show, very much looking forward to seeing more! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it. This thread is exactly for the purpose you have stated above. Its for people interested in variants to check what they have/haven't got, and to see whats out there to go and collect if they wish.

Hopefully I can work up the motivation to document another character shortly :D
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 pm

No problem mate I will make good pictures, sorry to hear you have not found the snaggletooth. I have also not found any snaggletooth that I am missing :(

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

**COO VARIANTS** by Plantainman

Postby plantainman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Leia Hoth COO guide...

The 1 line NO COO figure, seen last in the below guide is regarded as the Meccano variant. The boots on this figure are a deep olive green colour as opposed to the more regular faun tan colour.

The 3 line HK COO figures can come in at least three distinct hair colours, Brown, Red and Black. To me it is quite obvious when you are looking at a red hair Leia because the redness really does show up. I've seen many people label the light brown hair Leia as red hair, but it isn't the same to me.
Though I'm not 100% sure, I think the red hair Leia generally has a yellower tone to the hip paint application than the brown haired Leia.

There are a couple of spanish origin figures. One of which, confirmed/documented by Wolff and not seen here is the 3 line HK COO figure with green eyebrows. The other figure, introduced by Kenneth is the 4 line HK COO with tan face, paler hip details, and greenish tinged boots. You can read about these variants elsewhere in Poch/PBP discussions.

One of my favourite figures is my pale/white face Leia, It is so striking. The head plastic is very white, but with regular painted detailing, apart from the lipstick, which instead of being pink, is in fact a pale orange colour. The first picture below is a photo of it next to its kenner COO sister, the second photo to compare the COO's, the third a close up of the head details, and lastly a comparision shot between the regular flesh face, the tan face, and the white face figures.

Updated picture of favourite eight variants;
Left to right, 2 line NO COO, 1 line NO COO (Meccano), 4 line HK I flesh face, 4 line HK II white face, China raised bar, 3 line HK black hair, 3 line HK brown hair & 3 line HK red hair

Discussion welcomed of course!

-------------

Links :

Last edited by plantainman on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 19 times in total.
*** SWFUK FEEDBACK *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman (thread link) *** LIMELIGHT (coming soon, yeah right) ***

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: *** PLANTAINMAN'S COO VARIANTS *** (see post #1 for 4 li

Postby Dublinjeff » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi Neil,

What an awesome thread. Some excellent work involved here. Pm on the way :D

Really enjoyed reading through the pages.
Looking for Dixie Cup boxes and loose cups....

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: *** PLANTAINMAN'S COO VARIANTS *** (see post #1 for 4 li

Postby plantainman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Dublinjeff wrote:Hi Neil,

What an awesome thread. Some excellent work involved here. Pm on the way :D

Really enjoyed reading through the pages.

Cheers Jeff. Hopefully I'll find the time to add a few more pages of content yet :D

In the meantime, if anyone has any info or discussion, especially relating to the white face leia, then post away...

hellhippie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: *** PLANTAINMAN'S COO VARIANTS *** (see post #1 for 4 links)

Postby hellhippie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm

killer collection well described

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Dengar guide

First up, The Kenner produced Dengar Coo's...
Clockwise, Starting top right...
4 line MIHK, 1 line No Coo, 2 line HK & 3 line MIHK

Left to right...
3 line MIHK 'Mustard face', 4 line MIHK 'Flesh face', 1 line No Coo 'Flesh face' & 2 line HK 'Lemon face'
The 'Mustard face' figure can often be found in a kind of chocolatey coloured armour, as opposed to the more common purple.

Next, The PBP/Euro produced Dengar coo's...
L1 has the 1980 L.F.L set away from the © copyright symbol, whilst L2 has the 1980 L.F.L. set immediately adjacent to the © copyright symbol. You can see that L1 is slightly more left aligned, whilst L2 is slightly more right aligned compared to the copyright symbol.

On the right are the four main Euro right leg Coo's, Although almost every single right leg can be found with an an example of a worn mould where the lettering will appear far more faded or smudged even. For example, The 'MADE IN _____ON' figure can be found with the 'M' mostly missing, While the 'MADE IN _____' figure can be found with both the 'M' & the 'A' missing. This is merely due to a degrading mould producing a less pronounced stamp.
See below...
With there being 2 different left legs, and 4 different right legs, There can be found 8 different Coo stamped PBP/Euro Dengar figures, More if you include the figures with coo's stemming from the worn moulds!

Here are the four main right leg Coo variants...
Left to right,
'MADE IN _____ON', 'MADE IN _______', 'I _______' & '_________' (aka Blank)

Face colour comparison...
Clockwise beginning at the top,
Flesh face, Lemon face, Pale face & Mustard face

Group shot of 8 variants...
Left to right,
3 line MIHK 'Mustard face', 4 line MIHK 'Flesh face', 1 line No Coo 'Flesh face', 2 line HK 'Lemon face', 'MADE IN _____ON', 'MADE IN _______', 'I _______' & '_________' (aka Blank)

Discussion Welcomed, Peace,
Neil

-------------------------------------------------------

Links :

Last edited by plantainman on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 23 times in total.

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

*** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman ***

Postby plantainman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Last edited by plantainman on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: *** PLANTAINMANS COO VARIANTS *** (see post #1 for 5 links)

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Great work Neil :D

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby plantainman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Boba Fett Guide...

COO chart...

Two HONG KONG families, Big © and little ©
    Two Meccano variants, 'long groove' and 'short groove'
    Two Trilogo/PBP scar variants, 'full scar' and 'split scar'
    Taiwan COO
    Lili ledy 'full scar' COO which appears on a regular blue coloured body fett

Below, L > R, HK big ©, HK small © brown belt, HK small © [Dark brown belt]...

Below, L > R, Taiwan 'Black belt', Taiwan 'Painted helmet', Taiwan 'Brown belt...

Below, Taiwan 'black belt' vs Taiwan 'Brown belt' side-by-side comparison (Front & back)...

Below, L > R, Meccano 'long groove', Meccano 'Short groove'

Below, Trilogo/PBP Fett, All four 'black belt' variants...
L > R, Painted knee painted dart, Painted knee unpainted dart, Unpainted knee painted dart, Unpainted knee unpainted dart...

Below, L > R, Single scar Trilogo/PBP fett mid-brown belt with orange armour, Split scar Trilogo/PBP fett light-brown belt with yellow armour...

Below, L > R, Taiwan [Brown belt], Taiwan [Black belt], Taiwan [Painted helmet], HK [Dark Brown belt], HK [light Brown belt] & Meccano...

Below, All six trilogo/PBP Fett, four 'black belt' Fett flanked on either side by a 'brown belt' trilogo Fett, One orange paint app, one yellow...

----------------

Links :

Last edited by plantainman on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

*** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman ***

Postby plantainman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Great work Neil :D

Cheers Lars.

One of my NY resolutions was to pay this thread more time, So I'm chuffed that in the first week of 2016 i have managed to update Red snaggletooth, and add both Dengar and Boba Fett guides to the thread, Albeit work in progress.

hopefully more to follow throughout the whole year, though on a slightly lesser pace :mrgreen:

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Re: *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman ***

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 am

:o :o awesome work sir :o :o

plantainman
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: *** COO VARIANTS by Plantainman ***

Postby plantainman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Tarkin's nosehair wrote::o :o awesome work sir :o :o

Cheers! :)
Last edited by plantainman on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Vintage Reference Library”