Phantom and Tundras Norwegian Thread

phantom

Jedi Master
So, taking the liberty of including Jørn in this thread.

Inspired by our Danish friends thread I thought it could be nice to have a thread on Norwegian stuff that might pop up over time.. Not much is out there, but we have to start somewhere.

First up is my Trilogo Leia with a Norwegian sticker and Jørns 8d8, both came from the same source.

Next up is some various Norwegian sticker variations that I sold on in a cardback lot

And heres the first Norwegian Star Wars Comic

If anyone has got pictures of Norwegian Star Wars related stuff, please share :)

tundra9

Sith Lord
I had some comics and ads posted up in another thread, but I'll post them up here nonetheless.. :p

Norwegian POTF catalogue(ponch won this from my contest)
sam4664t.jpg

sam4666j.jpg

sam4665.jpg

Comics:
sam4480.jpg

Ad in the comics:
lcwb.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi phantom and Jørn, great to see a Norwegian thread :wink:

I love those moc phantom, hope you find some more :wink: I also like the cardbacks with different norwegian stickers. Funny the comic look a lot like the danish comic no. 1 maybe they came from the same company :?

Hi Jørn, great norwegian POTF catalogue, it looks great and also those comics again they look a lot like the danish comics. Love the Ringo commercial with the scene of fingures in a battle 8)

Great work guys, hope to see this thread grow :wink:

søren

Jedi Knight
Super stuff guys . I'm sorry i don't have any Norwegian stuff . Only danish and Swedish stuff .

Love the two moc's and very much the Leia Hoth with the wrong gun EXTRA bonus :shock:

It is also funny that one of the mags have a difrent SW logo on the front . Love to see that in full :D

Keep em comming guys

phantom

Jedi Master
Thanks for the kind words

In 1980 there were around 4million Norwegians, so that number itself limits whats out there. Surely there must be some MOCs out there, but finding them is another issue. To my knowledge there is a very limited number of vintage collectors in this country. There are some general Star Wars collectors and some that mainly focus on modern stuff.

Everytime something Vintage Star Wars related pops up here, its usually extremely overpriced, with people asking for 10-15 pounds for a beater. And when something cool like boxed items show up, theres always someone thats told the seller that its worth its weight in gold...

Are there any vintage Star Wars shops in Denmark with good stock and normal prices ? Could be tempted to drive down there and have a look as I have my holiday now and Im really bored.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
phantom said:

In 1980 there were around 4million Norwegians, so that number itself limits whats out there. Surely there must be some MOCs out there, but finding them is another issue. To my knowledge there is a very limited number of vintage collectors in this country. There are some general Star Wars collectors and some that mainly focus on modern stuff.

Everytime something Vintage Star Wars related pops up here, its usually extremely overpriced, with people asking for 10-15 pounds for a beater. And when something cool like boxed items show up, theres always someone thats told the seller that its worth its weight in gold...

Are there any vintage Star Wars shops in Denmark with good stock and normal prices ? Could be tempted to drive down there and have a look as I have my holiday now and Im really bored.

Hi phantom, I know the problem. It is the same in Denmark I think. We were aroung 5 million Danes in the 80s and it is not easy to find danish stuff and moc with danish stickers on. But it looks like we danes so far are more lucky and have found a little bit more than you guys in norway. I hope you find some more norwegian stuff.

I would say 50% of the stuff in denmark is overpriced, there is some guys here in denmark there is greedy and some there is fair.

I know 2 or 3 vintage star wars shops in denmark. But as far as I have heard they are overpriced :cry:

In November there is Star Wars weekend in denmark, I have never been there but I have heard there is people from denmark and sweden selling vintage star wars toy, but I do not know if they are also overpriced.

Here is a link to the weekend http://www.danskstarwarsloge.dk/

phantom

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
phantom said:

Hi phantom, I know the problem. It is the same in Denmark I think. We were aroung 5 million Danes in the 80s and it is not easy to find danish stuff and moc with danish stickers on. But it looks like we danes so far are more lucky and have found a little bit more than you guys in norway. I hope you find some more norwegian stuff.

I would say 50% of the stuff in denmark is overpriced, there is some guys here in denmark there is greedy and some there is fair.

I know 2 or 3 vintage star wars shops in denmark. But as far as I have heard they are overpriced :cry:

In November there is Star Wars weekend in denmark, I have never been there but I have heard there is people from denmark and sweden selling vintage star wars toy, but I do not know if they are also overpriced.

Thanks for the info

Do you know if any of those dealers have a website ? The only other cities I would pass on my way to Denmark would be Oslo, Gothenburg and Malmø, and as far as Ive heard, Kenner & Co in Malmø isn't there any more ?

As for the Star Wars Weekend in Copenhagen, I think that would be the closest SW event based on my location, considering a trip down there if I can find someone willing to join me.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
phantom said:
Pomse2001 said:
phantom said:

Thanks for the info

Do you know if any of those dealers have a website ? The only other cities I would pass on my way to Denmark would be Oslo, Gothenburg and Malmø, and as far as Ive heard, Kenner & Co in Malmø isn't there any more ?

As for the Star Wars Weekend in Copenhagen, I think that would be the closest SW event based on my location, considering a trip down there if I can find someone willing to join me.

No problem mate :wink:

One of my friends michael, but he lives in north jutland, he sold vintage star wars in his a family shop. But I do not know if he still do that. But I can ask him :D

There is also a guy called Kim who has a shop with his father called Antik 77. Store Kongensgade 77 in copenhagen. But I have not heard any good things about him, only bad things. But I do not know this guy. Maybe he is fine :?

I know there is also another shop in copenhagen, but I do not remember the name or address, maybe søren know that one :?

There has also just been a weekend in Göteborg in sweden :D http://www.scifiworld.se/

Wavy77

Padawan
As a fellow Norwegian I thought it was cool to see the Norwegian language ads...honestly I can't remember any of this, but again I started to collect late in 84, and they might be from a little earlier. I remember most cards were tri-logo back then (with some exceptions). As for the Power of the Force logo: I can't remember seeing it at all on Norwegian cards. Maybe my memory serves me wrong, but I thought they were all tri-logo.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wavy77 said:
As a fellow Norwegian I thought it was cool to see the Norwegian language ads...honestly I can't remember any of this, but again I started to collect late in 84, and they might be from a little earlier. I remember most cards were tri-logo back then (with some exceptions). As for the Power of the Force logo: I can't remember seeing it at all on Norwegian cards. Maybe my memory serves me wrong, but I thought they were all tri-logo.

Hi Wavy77 and welcome to the forum :D

Funny I do also not remember seeing POTF in Denmark. Maybe POTF was not sold in Norway and also not sold in Denmark :?

Wavy77

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Wavy77 said:

Funny I do also not remember seeing POTF in Denmark. Maybe POTF was not sold in Norway and also not sold in Denmark :?

Well, I do remember the POTF line pretty well, cause I bought both Barada, EV 9D9, Romba and Lando Calrissian around late 85 early 86 sometime, but that POTF card logo with the coin on it...absolutely no recollection of that.
I would guess they were tri-logo cards. It was pretty special when the POTF all of a sudden came, cause none of the figures were shown on any cardbacks, so I almost thought they were beginning all over again with new figures...if it only lasted a little longer

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wavy77 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Wavy77 said:

Well, I do remember the POTF line pretty well, cause I bought both Barada, EV 9D9, Romba and Lando Calrissian around late 85 early 86 sometime, but that POTF card logo with the coin on it...absolutely no recollection of that.
I would guess they were tri-logo cards. It was pretty special when the POTF all of a sudden came, cause none of the figures were shown on any cardbacks, so I almost thought they were beginning all over again with new figures...if it only lasted a little longer

It is the same here, we did also get the POTF figures on Tri-logo cards. But no POTF cards with a coin :cry:

tundra9

Sith Lord
The POTF line was not sold in Europe, we got the Trilogos. (Except for the POTF trilogo playpacks and the sniper, one man sand skimmer etc.)

Nice to see a fellow norwegian, velkommen Wavy77!
Now go here and introduce yourself! http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3797&start=3480

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tundra9 said:
The POTF line was not sold in Europe, we got the Trilogos. (Except for the POTF trilogo playpacks and the sniper, one man sand skimmer etc.)

Nice to see a fellow norwegian, velkommen Wavy77!
Now go here and introduce yourself! http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3797&start=3480

Hi Jørn, I am not sure about that, I think I remember søren have told me he bought POTF moc in sweden when he was a child or he found some later with swedish stickers on. But I am not 100% sure if I remember correct, we have to ask søren about that.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Hm, that may be true, because I clearly remember POTF cards, but I thought I saw them when I was in the US back in '89.
Strangely I didn't buy any, only came home with Robotech and Transformers. (Maybe because I saw them in Norway?)
So I think I retract my statement.... :p

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tundra9 said:
Hm, that may be true, because I clearly remember POTF cards, but I thought I saw them when I was in the US back in '89.
Strangely I didn't buy any, only came home with Robotech and Transformers. (Maybe because I saw them in Norway?)
So I think I retract my statement.... :p

Maybe POTF was very rare in all european countries or maybe POTF cardbacks was only sold in a few european countries :?

søren

Jedi Knight
Hi guys

I have never seen any POTF cards in Denmark or Sweden . Only the mini rigs i brougt in Sweden back in the day .You can see them here along with some other swedish stuff i had/ has

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10806

Pomse2001

Grand Master
søren said:
Hi guys

I have never seen any POTF cards in Denmark or Sweden . Only the mini rigs i brougt in Sweden back in the day .You can see them here along with some other swedish stuff i had/ has

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10806

So it was the POTF mini rigs in POTF boxes, cool 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom