Palitoy Landspeeder - Worth getting graded?

yogi

Jedi Knight
Hi Guys,

Just looking for opinions on this, considering getting it graded. Box is very nice some minor edge wear and sticker tear where it was originally opened. The landspeeder is mint and complete with inserts. Colours are good and i think original and not faded. So just basically want to know if you guys think it would be worth getting graded or if I may be wasting my time.

Thanks for any potential input.

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_0803 (640x478).jpg
    IMG_0803 (640x478).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0806 (640x478).jpg
    IMG_0806 (640x478).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0802 (640x478).jpg
    IMG_0802 (640x478).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 490

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Its always a personal choice on grading along with future plans for the item...

I personally wouldn't grade a vehicle in a box, I would see if Christian could knock up something acrylic to keep it safe, displayable but ultimately open-able.

If you go for grading I would go for a custom job by UKG displaying the vehicle and the box separately. Frank will vouch for their work and creativity.

Or if you want future value on it send it away to the AFA.

But like I said its personal choice, I might be miles away from what you feel is right...

Good luck making up your mind. :wink:

BTW it looks awesome :D

yogi

Jedi Knight
Wow thanks for the ultra quick response and definitely food for thought :)

Well my plans for this one is probably a keeper to go with a 12/20/21 back run Im hoping to complete.

Im in the middle of downsizing my collection to only these carded figures (which definitely wont be of grading standard but will be in acrylic cases. I am considering displaying them with the original 12 back vehicles namely the landspeeder, tie fighter and x-wing and then possibly at some point down the road the 12 back action collectors stand with some nice minty figs including a DT luke :roll: . Well thats the potential plan maybe.

But i think you may be right on a custom display as opposed to grading, especially since i dont think any of the cards will be graded.

Anyway thanks again for the input.

BTW this topic may well be in the wrong forum, MOD's please move it if it is.

Cheers,
Criag

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't think you can get opened toys graded.

Just put it in a acrylic case like chris said.

Nice item though mate.

itfciain

Grand Master
Not sure what it costs to get one of these graded but I imagine it isn't cheap - and the postage will add to that as well.

In terms of increasing it's value - this will obviously depend on the cost but I am not sure how many people out there see graded boxes as particularly desirable

I think JC's advise of a custom case is a much better idea

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The Chubbmeisters advice, as always is sound and on the money, def display case for me.

There is something about the graded items being sealed and entombed :cry: feels to me like they are museum pieces, then maybe I'm a freak, as looking at an item that is so tactile just have to get my mitts on it as well. Just MHO

Very cool Palitoy piece though mate, like it lots :D congrats

yogi

Jedi Knight
Many thanks all for the valuable input, points taken and agreed. While I in no way agree with U-Grading figs (why take something off its original card???) I had considered doing so with this as my opinion differs with vehicles/playsts. But yes I deffo agree that a custom display will be the route to go with.

Im hoping to pick up the X-Wing and Tie fighter in Palitoy boxes. Have them in Kenner but I want them in better condition Palitoys.

This one was part of 'best finds ever' I picked it up many moons ago with a MIB Palitoy death star and the Denys Fisher 12" Vader in my ad. The death star was sold off a good few year ago when cash was needed so looks like the landspeeder will be the only one I will hold onto.

Thanks again for the knowledgeable replies lads. When i get around to getting it displayed i will be sure to update with some pics.

Cheers,
Craig

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
AFA does not grade opened vehicles..........unless they open it them themselves...hold on a minute........

ththDumbandDUmber.gif

.......................................and turn it into a "U" grade vehicle

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
AFA does not grade opened vehicles..........unless they open it them themselves...hold on a minute........

ththDumbandDUmber.gif

.......................................and turn it into a "U" grade vehicle

:lol: :lol:

Got to agree with the guys. Besides as said AFA don't grade opened vehicles

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
They have the AFA Q grade for opened vehicles.

I think the tape damage on the box will prevent the speeder from getting an agreeable grade though.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yes the only possible grading would be the Q grade. AFA would have to deem the contents of the piece as untampered with original condition ie as it left the factory with all elements present.

I personally don't see the point of Q grading! If the box has already been opened and the contents are sealed a serious collector would just keep it that way and have the 'best of both worlds' ie be able to open the box at their pleasure and admire the undisturbed contents without changing the status of the piece!! Once the piece is Q graded it is sealed up and the contents can only be remembered and no longer seen-tragic!!

However! If your Landspeeder was factory sealed ie mint in sealed box then I would get it graded. It is an ultra rarity to find a SW Palitoy Landspeeder MISB-I don't know of any to exist so it would be worth highlighting that by getting such an example graded!!

Nice looking example btw 8)

yogi

Jedi Knight
No unfortunately its just MIB not MISB. I dont care too much for grading so I will probably go the route of getting a custom acrylic case for this, my Pali tie fighter and a pali X-Wing, when I eventually find the Pali X-Wing :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom