3 line Hong Kong Luke Farmboy.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Just looking for some advice, if any one can help? I recently picked up a 3 line Hong Kong figure. It has black face paint application. It appears that the hands were never painted but that's a separate issue....However, as a result of the unusual paint job I compared it to my other loose Black face paint luke. This pic shows it's definitely a Black face figure:

IMG_20131023_183410.jpg

To my surprise the leg markings were different? I then compared it to my loose and graded 3 line Hong Kong 'Brown face paint variants....low and behold it's a match for them.
I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas if this is a common occurance as I hadn't seen it before. Or is it a Rare hybrid. ... :lol:

Here's the leg markings. Black face figure is on top. New figure and Brown face figures are middle and bottom.

IMG_20131023_183425.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Jeff, what do you mean about black face ? is it the eyes and eyebrows that is black ?

Hi Lars,

I believe, in my limited experience anyway, that there were 2 'Early Bird' variants, the Black face paint and Brown face paint applications. IE: the eyes and eyebrows. I have heard of a red eyed figure aswell but I don't know if that's a 3 line hong kong figure?

Cheers Jeff

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Jeff

The LFB does have many variants including red eye as you say

I'm sure the experts on here will chip in, and this will make interesting reading

LFB figure has a draw to it,

Wolff s coo guide is great reading

Also this link to a thread here

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16507

Plus RS thread

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083013/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom