UPDATED 27/1/16: Luke Farmboy COO Reference Guide

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Luke Farmboy Loose COO Reference Guide
IMG_20131125_081831.jpg

Update: This thread has now been "Stickied", if you would like to add any photos, updates, etc...please let me know and hopefully the guide will go from strength to strength. Big thanks to Edd for his help with this :D

UPDATE: Comprehensive guide to all COO posted on page 6 of thread, Thanks

UPDATE: With some much appreciated help, This has now become a fairly comprehensive guide to the Original 1977, Luke Farmboy figure. Big thanks to the original experts, Wolff, Frank and others for their contributions.

Please check out Wolffs excellent variant site for further information. Permission was sought for images used. Donation made to site for all the ongoing work :D

All 10 original markings shown on "Wolffs Guide" are covered here including the Meccano and Glasslite variants. Some variations on Wolffs 3.0 guide are also covered such as Large Hong Kong stamp family II. 1a and 1b (see page 3). Edit: All leg markings except PBP now included

In my research and purchases I have come across most of the variants, I will attempt to cover them briefly here.

Hong Kong COO: Comes in both 2 and 3 line Variations. Both can be seen classed as 'Early Bird' variants on various sites. Both markings appear to have been on early release figures. Comes with a "Large" and "Small" Hong Kong stamp. Numerous Hair colour/leg colour variants.

Taiwan COO:
Comes with a couple of leg colour variations. (See page 3 of guide) basically the same stamp on these figures, although there may be a slightly different variant with a date stamp with a gap on it.

Raised Bar China:
Comes with two date stamp variations in my experience. One has '1977' date stamp further down the leg.

No COO:
Title says it all really. Comes with no coo markings. Sometimes referred to as the "European" variant. Normally light brown hair figure

Meccano:
Comes with a Blank Raised Bar, similar to Glasslite figure. Two different leg markings

Glasslite:
Similar to Meccano figure comes with Blank Raised Bar. Slighty more 'messy' leg markings.

Poch/PBP:
  • Updated:
POCH variant added to page 13

I will continue to work on this, obviously there are other figures out there "Model Trem" Bootlegs etc, I really enjoy adding to this. Appreciate all the positive feedback and kind comments,

Cheers, Jeff
:D

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Here's some close up shots of the 2 line Hong Kong markings.
Updated on page 4
No's 1 and 2 appear to have quite similar markings. However, No 2's stamp starts almost at the tunic moulding. The COO looks to be slightly differently placed in relation to the '1977' date stamping. It appears slightly higher on the leg. Wolffs Guide 1.
IMG_20131024_154358.jpg

No's 3, 4 and 5 all have the same markings as far as I can see. The 'Hong Kong' COO appears more to the middle of the leg, centered on the copyright and date stamping.
Wolff's Guide 2.
IMG_20131024_154427.jpg

No 6. Brown hair variant has similar leg markings to the previous Blonde hair figures. One small difference is that the Hong Kong COO looks to end just short of the '1977' marking on this figure.
IMG_20131024_154453.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Taiwan COO figures UPDATE: Page 3
No major difference between the two variants that I have. Two lines, 'Taiwan' stamp appears at the start of the date copyright stamp on both. Wolff's Guide 4.
IMG_20131024_154546.jpg

Raised Bar China figure
Obviously the Raised Bar is the significant difference on this figure. Wolff's Guide 7.
IMG_20131024_154655.jpg

Meccano Luke Farmboy figure
Rarer Raised Bar with No COO. Wolff's Guide 10.
IMG_20131024_154639.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Now onto 3 Line Hong Kong figures. Comes with Black, Brown and Red (to be added) face paint application. Date stamping on the Black face paint figure appears slightly further up the leg than Brown face figure. Wolff's Guide 3 and 6
IMG_20131024_154719.jpg

IMG_20131024_154735.jpg

Now a comparison between the recent Black face paint figure I picked up that has Brown face paint leg markings? Not sure if this is a common occurrence. I hadn't seen it before.
IMG_20131024_154752.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Popy Baggie:
Whilst I know not technically a 'variant' per se, I said I would include this for reference. Appears to be the same as Hong Kong No.1 Wolff's Guide 1.
IMG_20131024_200313.jpg

UKG 85, No COO, Brown Haired figure
Often referred to as the European Brown hair variant. Lighter hair colour than the US Brown hair variant.
IMG_20131120_084645.jpg

Wolffs Guide No.6
IMG_20131120_084704.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Just to prove no 'Stock' photos were used in the making of this thread :lol:

Early bird figures.
IMG_20131024_183632.jpg

Taiwan figures, UKG graded Raised Bar China and Brown Hair Hong Kong
IMG_20131024_183648.jpg

2 Line Hong Kong figures and Meccano Luke.
IMG_20131024_183704.jpg

TC-14

Sith Lord
A superb guide, Jeff. I can see why you've gone for the Farmboy as a focus- a truly beguiling figure... it always fascinated me as a kid and still does to this present day. A simple sculpt from a bygone era that could never be bettered in my humble opinion.

Great to see all the variations you've amassed so far, I had little idea there were so many. Keep at it... looking forward to seeing the updates :wink:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Thanks for that Martin. Appreciate the comments. Still a long way to go. A work in progress really. I will have the Brown hair, No COO markings up soon. Still many others to add.

I understand that not all variant figures have different COO markings etc, but I would like to add them to this small guide :D

Orange hair, Glasslite, Dark hair Hong Kong etc....

Also like to add one of these Red Eyes Early bird figures I'm hearing about :lol:

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Very cool,

didn't even knew there was a "reference sction" here!

Well I contribute a little I hope :mrgreen:

Here is some older pics. This is roughly pictured what is important (variantwise) IMO:

SW_01_Luke1a.jpg

- 3-line HK
- has three eye colors: black, brown and red
- Poch release. can read up here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch-variants/luke-farmboy/

- China dude
- Mec (French Trilogo)
- Glasslite

All on this picture are from the same coo family :D

Differences in trouser colors on standard HK are normally dicolorations. Farmboy in general tends to get greenish pants (discoloration). Real greenish looking pants can be dound on PBP, real dark on TW, Poch and some large HKs.

SW_01_Luke2a.jpg

2-line HK large:
- 2 different facial spray masks
- DT Version with brown eyes and alternative material to the body (plus different spray mask for the face)
- PBP scarred out version (material, haircolor, pant color etc.)

2-line HK small:
- The blonde version from teh small HK has strong brown pants. Others are discolored IMO.

TW- COO
- two different pant colors known

SW_01_Luke3a.jpg

2-line HK large:
- three or more brown colors (darkbrown)
- Orange Hair: US and Aussie version (more greenish and more glossy)

2-line HK small:
- the HK and no coo version with brown hair. The haircolor can differ a bit on those. I would say two different colors.
-Model Trem
- Hungarian bootleg (I have by now a white one with all original weapons):
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/csillagok-haboruja/

So this is roughly what is out there (and is important), but everyone feels different about some of them!
Never the less I hope this helps you a bit

Wolff

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Wow Wolff that's so cool, I really love the Model Trem & Hungarian Bootleg.

I really regret selling my Dark Brown Hair Luke :cry: :( I wonder if Aussiejames would sell it back to me :lol: :lol: I'm sure I will find another.

Cheers

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Thanks for the comments Wolff, high praise indeed from the true expert :D

Here's a group shot if my Lukes. Gives a better idea of the different leg and hair colours.
UKG Raised Bar China, Meccano figure, 6 Hong Kong, 2 Taiwan and 3 line Hong Kong figures
IMG_20131026_141746.jpg

IMG_20131026_141821.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom