Help with starching MOCS.

benny100

Sith Lord
So picked up 2 MOCS recently both really nice cards but wavy and not laying flat, generally I'd stick them under some heavy books but I've seen on the past that some of you guys use the starch/iron method.

What I'm looking for is a step by step process, if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I've used this method once it twice on vehicle and olayset boxes where the inside if the box had no print on it but never on a moc. If be worried that the starch would effect the print. Maybe some of the other guys can help.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I started the starch method and only use it on boxes on the interior so it soaks in, not the outside. It may damage a cardback. A star case or heavy books will work.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I would not starch a MOC, like Todd says inside a box is safe but not on anything printed.

Try the books or weights as Jason suggested or if that don't work and you have got big balls there is always the water and grease proof paper technique, its not for the faint hearted though.

Good luck :D

benny100

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, I did try this with a moc, against all your better advice. The result wasn't too bad. It was a battered at-St driver MOC, creasing and wavy. Low to medium heat iron, didnt really see much benefit with the creasing but the wave had gone completely and it lay perfectly flat and no damage to the print. So was pretty pleased, I'd left it under heavy books to further aid it.
Last Saturday whilst cooking my two year decided to remove the figure from its bubble :shock: and proudly bring it in to me to show me where the at-St driver was having dinner, in a playmobil camper van! My own fault as i'd left it at eye level on the table, initially had to bite my tongue as even though it was in bad shape it was something I wouldn't have done but in retrospect he's had the joy of opening vintage as a child, not that he'll every remember it but a nice parallel to my own childhood.
Dinner went on hold whilst we searched the rug for his blaster! I had a beater figure I swapped it for, so now own a minty at-St driver and a flat cardback!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi mate

I too in the past have used starch and an iron on BEATER MOCS/reseals.

Light spray of starch, immediately wiped off then a fine weave clean dry cotton cloth laid over the card area and an iron :shock: on low heat, gentle pressure, then left under books.

This worked well and took out the wave altogether, but as I have said these are beater Mocs and reseals.
It's all down to what your working with, I wouldn't risk it on decent mocs, only ones that are beaters, with bad waves and creasing.
As far as the little un freeing your figure, you've taken the right perspective on that...nothing you can do but put that down to experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom