Degobah Playset Swamp

x-pack

Grand Master
Hi

I've noticed that on my Degobah playset and Chewie bandolier the sponge has rotted away into a nasty sticky mess. It's all been taken out now but has anyone replaced this stuff? I'm more interested in the swamp to be honest. What should I use for it. Was thinking of buying a sponge in light brown or similar and cutting it to shape. Just for display purposes.

Thanks

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The same, did happen to my playset :(

The last time I saw my bandolier it was fine :D

Any help could be cool :D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I have replaced the swamp on a few. It can be a pain finding the correct material. I have used the foam material found in some shipping boxes and cases for instruments.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I thought Todd would be the right one for this one :wink:

Thanks Todd, what about a piece of a Sponge maybe painted or something like that :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The probelm with many sponges is that they are not the correct type of sponge. They are ususally to course or have huge holes in them. There are few sponges out there with the correct feel and look, but it takes alot of digging around the store in the cleaning section.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
The probelm with many sponges is that they are not the correct type of sponge. They are ususally to course or have huge holes in them. There are few sponges out there with the correct feel and look, but it takes alot of digging around the store in the cleaning section.

Thanks do you have pictures of the stuff you used ? :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
I know the stuff that's used in cases. It's in metal flight cases. Sort of thing bands use to cart gear about. There's actually a foam place in leyland. I might nip in. Could be a cottage industry here :wink:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom