split bubble support

poncho

Grand Master
Bought a moc flat unpunched but bubble has a a top crack which us fine but more importantly has a split bottom. Any ideas on how to support the bottom of bubble for display purpose. I refuse to use selotape....shudder....

bubble is in good shape otherwise.

thanks

chris

martinday1988

Youngling
interesting that there is no reply, i thought someone would have an idea.

i am new to collecting the original wave so i honestly have no idea, ive got a few split bubbles too.
i do have one idea that just came to mind, not sure if it will work or help.

i dont know if you have ever seen or collected large diecast car models, but when they are in the box they tend to have a thin clear strip of plastic that runs around from the roof, down the sides of the doors and underneath to keep the doors from swinging open,

maybe something like that could be made? something thin and clear that wont stick to the bubble but offers some hold, a bit like a rubber band around the bubble

plantman

Sith Lord
you can make a clear support with a clear paper sleeve/wallet cut a thick strip and wrap it around the bubble so it doesnt overhang and looks tidy, then use two fingers to pull it and give the bubble some support, stick a small piece of cellotape over it to hold it in place (at the bottom out of view)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom